Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Juice Fast beginning Nov. 30th
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: November 30, 2012 02:55AM

I'm starting a juice fast Friday November 30th. It will last at least 3 days, then I'll see if I can keep going. I really want to do 14 days.

Anyone wanting to join along, you can post your experiences here. I'm starting off with fresh orange juice, then maybe green apple on 2nd day, then orange juice on 3rd day. If that works well and I feel I can keep going I'll trade between the two fruits each day, apple one day, orange the next.

Good luck to me and anyone else that comes along.

Love,
Prism

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Juice Fast beginning Nov. 30th
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: November 30, 2012 10:07AM

Good luck Prism, i thought id put a counter opinion in that im not a big fan of fasting at all and actually view it to be quite dangerous.

Ive had decent results adding green juices to my diet, but fasting overall ive had nothing but poor or detrimental results, especially when i was ill with adrenal fatigue and had poor blood sugar problems.

If i was ever going to do one again which i probably wouldn't, id make sure i used lower sugar green juices, these tend to be more nutrient dense anyway.

Organic Herbal Products

Date: November 30, 2012 02:39PM

I like a 3 day fast to get off to a clean start with doing a higher percentage of raw if not 100% raw.

Perhaps when one is near perfection than a fast could be detrimental but I'm hardly that.

When I end my juice fast I plan on being all raw and having my daily green juice and or smoothies once again.

My fast has officially begun.

Love,
Prism

Date: November 30, 2012 11:09PM

I'm a little surprised that there's just me on this thread..usually there's at least a couple people wanting to fast. That's ok..I'm in middle of my first day and I have slight headache but I'm sticking with the orange juice fast.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: December 01, 2012 09:55AM

Any reason why your sticking to fruit juices and not vegetable Prism?

Fruit juices tend to be good sources of Vitamin C but other than that aren't very nutrient dense. Green vegetable juices are better sources of minerals. Juice fasting with just fruit juices can be very problematic for some in regards to blood sugar, something to watch out for if you haven't done an all fruit juice fast before.

Probably get more people in this thread after Christmas and New Year's overindulgence lol.

[www.natuhealth.co.uk]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2012 09:59AM by powerlifer.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: December 01, 2012 01:39PM

Hey Prism, good luck.

i did a 5 day water fast from SAD to vegan raw. I did not know about raw foods before and learnt during the fast. I got excellent physical and mental results that allow me to change and reprogram new habits. I almost felt reborn. I thought that maybe if I did a fast twice a year it would be good. But now I am in my best health ever and don't want to change to anythig.

Date: December 01, 2012 02:40PM

That's a great place to be Panchito..happy and satisfied with your state of health. I'm aiming for that again. Had it, then lost it..working on getting back to that state of health.

My 2nd day now and I've juiced 4 oranges to start my morning. I had a headache in middle of night and I did take an aspirin..then I slept really well. I also had taken 2 charcoal capsules a few hours before to help with the toxins being released.

I plan on sticking with orange juice for my 2nd day.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 01, 2012 02:46PM

Prism,

I wish you luck with this, but second powerlifer in suggesting green juices, as an adjunct, at least--they keep you mineral intake up and don't affect blood sugar adversely. Make sure to consume enough of these liquids, also. Keep us posted smiling smiley

Posted by: HH ()
Date: December 02, 2012 09:02PM

I used to be real into fasting. It ruined my digestive system and was really nothing more than a weird manifestation of my angst/grief. Why else would I, an otherwise healthy person, deliberately get all dizzy and emaciated when I had plenty of food available? Every time I see some youtube guru fast, all I can think is that they simply need to look deep inside and forgive themselves for whatever they think they've done. No amount of fasting/self-punitive measures will act as a viable substitute for the ability to forgive oneself.

That's just me though! Bon voyage to all fasters.

Date: December 03, 2012 12:19AM

Geez...this used to be a place one could get actual support when one asked for it from like minded people. Now it's full of contentious opinions and while I don't mind if it's a thread for that reason but this was a thread simply to have a simple little juice fast and some like minded company.

I'd say keep your adverse opinions to yourselves on a thread like this..it's not welcomed.

I've done very well on my 3 day juice fast and I'm so glad to have done it. Tomorrow I'll be eating again, all raw. Salad sounds good to me.

And don't blame the juice fasting on my strong reaction, this kind of posting has gone on for too long and I've mentioned it before.

Oh..and btw..I'm done with this thread. I won't be back to read any responses..so if you feel like sharing do so for other people and not me.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: December 03, 2012 02:58PM

Prism Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
......I'd say keep your adverse opinions to yourselves on a thread like this..it's not welcomed.

You mean if we don't agree with you, we can't make a comment on this thread?
You have to be carefull on long Juice Fasts that you're Fasting, and not Starving. That means you have to drink too much Juice. Far better to go on a long Water Fast......WY

Posted by: HH ()
Date: December 04, 2012 02:53PM

So if someone hasn't had a perfect experience through fasting you need them to pretend that all was hunky-dory in order to appease your ego? It's 2012. There are much gentler, lower impact ways to detox than starving yourself. And yes, I do believe that a person who regularly fasts should deeply explore their psychological and spiritual motives to make sure that they're diong the right thing. Fasting always becomes a hot topic around the holidays. This is not a coincidence.

I didn't judge your experience. I wished you and other fasters a good trip. All I did was express my experience. IMO, fasting is not necessary to attain excellent physical health or to be right spirtually and mentally.

Prism Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Geez...this used to be a place one could get
> actual support when one asked for it from like
> minded people. Now it's full of contentious
> opinions and while I don't mind if it's a thread
> for that reason but this was a thread simply to
> have a simple little juice fast and some like
> minded company.
>
> I'd say keep your adverse opinions to yourselves
> on a thread like this..it's not welcomed.
>
> I've done very well on my 3 day juice fast and I'm
> so glad to have done it. Tomorrow I'll be eating
> again, all raw. Salad sounds good to me.
>
> And don't blame the juice fasting on my strong
> reaction, this kind of posting has gone on for too
> long and I've mentioned it before.
>
> Oh..and btw..I'm done with this thread. I won't be
> back to read any responses..so if you feel like
> sharing do so for other people and not me.
>
> Love,
> Prism

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables