Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Can herbs be taken freely?
Posted by: fruitylou ()
Date: December 09, 2012 07:24AM

Can you take herbs like you would a supplement or do you have to follow certain guidelines for them to work?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can herbs be taken freely?
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: December 09, 2012 11:10AM

It really depends and i believe herbs should be used specifically rather than just random supplementing of herbs like many do.

There are many herbs which can be taken as a general tonic such as ginseng and the adaptogens, these herbs are great for increasing the bodies resistance to stress and have a non-specific normalizing action on the whole body. These herbs can be taken freely i.e when your feeling tired and want a little natural energy boost.

Then there are other general nutritive tonic herbs such as nettle leaf or amla, which help to support the whole body.

I just re-read your question im not sure i fully understand it. If you are using herbs medicinally then you will need to stick to a guideline for dosing in order to get maximum results. Too many people try herbs, forget to take them, then blame the herbs for the lack of results.

Organic Herbal Products

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2012 11:10AM by powerlifer.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables