Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Juicing, juice fasting, fructose, Discuss It
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: December 16, 2012 07:52PM

Panchito Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hmmm. PL, if this poor fellow had mental problems,
> his judment was impaired. If you give me your diet
> style (which I don't think anybody here knows)
> I'll save you!

You'll save me ???

Save me from what?, nutrition lol. Bear in mind i have experimented with a large amount of these fad diets including 80/10/10. I don't have a diet style anymore, i will never put a label on myself ever again when it comes to diet.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way Panchito, but your opinions on diet have radically changed over the past week or so. What makes you so sure in this short space of time that a high fruit or 80/10/10 is now the perfect or panacea diet?.

[www.natuhealth.co.uk]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: December 16, 2012 08:47PM

hey, PL. The thing is, if you go @#$%& all other diets except your own (which you only know), then you create your own virtual reality, a bubble. Nobody can see where you stand not even you. While you may thing is cool, it is not fare when it comes to defend arguments. It is like throwing stones from a hidden place.

Date: December 16, 2012 08:59PM

Panchito Wrote:
> hey, PL. The thing is, if you go @#$%& all other
> diets except your own (which you only know), then
> you create your own virtual reality, a bubble.
> Nobody can see where you stand not even you. While
> you may thing is cool, it is not fare when it
> comes to defend arguments. It is like throwing
> stones from a hidden place.

Hey Panchito, i don't really understand your post. Like i say i have tried many of these diets personally including 80/10/10 and they are all fad diets in my opinion.

As ill ask again, what evidence are you basing that this diet is a panacea all of a sudden?

[www.natuhealth.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2012 09:00PM by powerlifer.

Date: December 16, 2012 09:46PM

I know that many people do very well on the 801010.

let me try to explain what I was saying before. Many times people engage in conversations. That's normal. But sometimes conversations become heated and a battle of coconuts (arguments) starts. One person is in one tree and the other person is in another. Coconuts are thrown and the battle is fair. It is easy to collect coconuts in Google, a little search here and there and you got something to throw. So here is the thing. At times I felt that people at this forum are at a disavantage. Other people know the tree they are on. They know they are vegan, they know they are raw, etc. But people that critize their diets don't reveal what diet they have so the people here are at a disadvange. Do you know what I mean? It is a one way coconut battle because the other tree does not know where to aim.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2012 09:50PM by Panchito.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: December 17, 2012 12:21AM

I looked up some of the info. on how high fructose corn syrup is made, and it's a chemical reaction (hence why Tam called it artificial I would think) thru the use of enzyme action on corn starch. Anyway, it's not natural occurring. You can read some of how they do it at [en.wikipedia.org]

I think it's important that people especially new people that come to change their SAD to a larger percentage of raw foods diet that it may be on the SAD they have taxed their livers and become overweight due to the bodies reaction to high fructose corn syrup that is rampantly used by the food industry. Your body reacts the same way to high fructose corn syrup as to alcohol, except for the intoxication part by what Dr. Lustig states. He also states a high sugar diet is a high fat diet where our bodies are concerned.

That being said, I would say cautious optimism when one starts the raw food diet since many of us are habitual sugar users on the SAD and to be aware how too much sweet juices may affect us.

I don't think now that I should be concerned with eating as much fruits as I want daily, but as Powerlifer says it's best to have a balanced diet. I am cutting out any kind of juicing or using juices in my smoothies for now. Certainly I won't be using any juices that are bottled. I did use those due to time constraints in many of my smoothies.

I just think that it's good to understand some of what went wrong (too much of the wrong fats, too much sugar, High fructose corn syrup, too many sweet drinks etc.) first with the SAD and then to be aware of some pitfalls of the raw food diet. Overall, eating lots more fruits and veggies is a good thing.

Love,
Prism

Date: December 17, 2012 10:08AM

Hi Prism. Glad you found a healthy adjustment to your diet. I myself don't do much fruit juice except for oranges (5 a day).

Date: December 17, 2012 11:17AM

Panchito Wrote:
> I know that many people do very well on the
> 801010.

I can't find more than a handful of long term people and all these individuals seem to run some raw orientated business so may be swayed to bias. Even the veterans of this forum have all disappeared or no longer follow the diet due to health problems.

So where are all these thriving high sugar raw foodists?.

[www.natuhealth.co.uk]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2012 11:25AM by powerlifer.

Date: December 17, 2012 02:28PM

Hi PL. This page mentions 14841

[www.30bananasaday.com]

I am following my own version of 801010 also. But I use supplements and a little more fat. I can tell you that I've become healthier than average. Figure out the weaknesses or your own things and improve. Watery fruit is very cleansing.

Date: December 17, 2012 02:47PM

Panchito Wrote:
> Hi PL. This page mentions 14841
>
> [www.30bananasaday.com]
>
> I am following my own version of 801010 also. But
> I use supplements and a little more fat. I can
> tell you that I've become healthier than average.
> Figure out the weaknesses or your own things and
> improve. Watery fruit is very cleansing.

You have just taken the member total from 30BAD Panchito ?.

I know many of these members personally from other raw forums and many of them aren't even raw let alone 80/10/10. Id reckon about half or less of those members aren't or were at one time but no longer. Have you been on these forums in the past year?, its all newbies, where are all the veterans other than the peacekeepers? Its a continual wave of newbies, those fail and are censored then a new set of newbies come and try the diet. Even the members who were ever so pro raw a year back have all but vanished other than a few, then you find out they've been eating small amounts of animal food and cooked.

The truth is no one follows the diet long term or they become emaciated and malnourished. Most lie.

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2012 02:58PM by powerlifer.

Date: December 17, 2012 03:00PM

I think diets will improve with the internet. The internet and feedback is the key. Before the internet, diets were based on reputation. Now they are based on results and feedback. The 801010 before the internet would have been a flop because it is way out of the box. Search for a healthy diet that works for you and pass on the happinnes.

Date: December 17, 2012 03:04PM

Panchito Wrote:
> I think diets will improve with the internet. The
> internet and feedback is the key. Before the
> internet, diets were based on reputation. Now they
> are based on results and feedback. The 801010
> before the internet would have been a flop because
> it is way out of the box. Search for a healthy
> diet that works for you and pass on the happinnes.

You need this site then Panchito if you want an honest view of what these raw diets can cause. People get heavily censored and you don't see all the trouble many have run into.

[www.30bananasadaysucks.com]

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2012 03:15PM by powerlifer.

Date: December 17, 2012 04:57PM

I had seen that site before. It is like Amazon reviews. Sometimes people put one star review among people who put five. But what would you do if it was the other way around, if you became very healthy but see some people with problems? Are all stars fake?

Date: December 17, 2012 05:05PM

Panchito Wrote:
> I had seen that site before. It is like Amazon
> reviews. Sometimes people put one star review
> among people who put five. But what would you do
> if it was the other way around, if you became very
> healthy but see some people with problems? Are all
> stars fake?

Its always best to exercise a critical mind Panchtio and we can only take what we see at base value. You can tell what posts are genuine and what isn't though.

When you are only seeing positive testimonials because the negative have been censored and swept under the carpet its easy to get a warped perception of anything.

[www.natuhealth.co.uk]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2012 05:07PM by powerlifer.

Date: December 17, 2012 05:16PM

A critical mind is not always good as it can send you pedaling the wrong way too. It depends on what method orientation you use.

Date: December 17, 2012 05:35PM

What i will say though regardless of all of the above, why does the diet have to be so dangerously restrictive in order to get the benefits of fruit? I get all the benefits of fruits and vegetables fine in my diet and i don't need to risk malnutrition and deficiency to achieve this.

Why can't you eat lots of fruits and vegetables and balance your diet out with some other more nutrient dense foods so that your diet is naturally nutritionally complete and balanced. Orthorexia and dietary purity plays a major role in all of this.

You only have to view the forum to see the massive list of banned(toxic) foods often including healthy vegetables such as onions, to see how prevalent orthorexia is within the raw food movement. Natural culinary herbs and spices which have thousands of years of use and proven safety in sensible quantities are bad but synthetic B12 injections and supplements are healthy lol.

Even wholefoods such as nuts are considered toxic unless there raw. When you start referring to healthy wholefoods as toxic that is orthorexia im afraid. I have a past history of orthorexia, granted not as severe as some do on the forums but its very easy to spot in individuals.

[www.natuhealth.co.uk]

Edited 10 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2012 05:45PM by powerlifer.

Date: December 18, 2012 10:10AM

I eat two or three mandolin slices of onions every day smiling smiley It gives me an extra savory mix of flavor on the dinner salad. I never do mono meals. I don't eat many bananas except when doing banana smothies (energy pick me up drink for me). I eat more fat at dinner. And I drink a cup of coffee every morning. I have to die from something smiling smiley Do what fits your life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2012 10:12AM by Panchito.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: December 21, 2012 02:59PM

I agree that we all should customize our raw food intake to where we are at the time and as well as anyone's learning curve goes. New people will have to experiment, adapt over time, change and get in tune with their bodies. Something that as a whole we've lost.

I'm going to at the very least stay away from certain foods and drinks now that I know about how my body metabolizes fructose from juices, and high fructose corn syrup that is just about found in every processed foods. I really didn't think that the gallon of store bought orange juice I bought 2x a month could harm me..now I know better.

Oh, and I think if one were to drink their own pure fresh fruit juices, have it with tons of pulp as that would slow down digestion and not burden the liver as much.

Love,
Prism

Date: December 21, 2012 05:04PM

The body is a dynamic living thing with its own ways of dealing with the world. When people who don't eat fruit regularly try it and feel bad, then they think that they are allergic to fruit FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIFE. But if they went against their mental thinking and tried it again (maybe the following week), they would discover that they can eat it. The body changes and adjusts gradually. This probably also happens in the opposite direction. I assume that the same happens when going from a SAD diet with high fructose diets (or vice versa). Studies assume the body is fixed.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2012 05:15PM by Panchito.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables