Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New multibillion market. Grow bees and sell their sting
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: December 25, 2012 05:31PM

[www.bbc.co.uk]

"An expensive bee sting could top the wish list for many beauty conscious women this Christmas.

Sales of New Zealand creams that contain bee venom are booming.

But there have been warnings about possible side-effects, as Greg Ward reports."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New multibillion market. Grow bees and sell their sting
Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: December 25, 2012 11:29PM

I thought by now there would be a big market in the states for bee stings.
Two years ago while in Mexico, I turned the wrong way and pulled back muscles. hurt like hell, My Mexican friend who grew up on a rual ranchito said try bee sting. I laughed and said Id heard it used for arthritis of the knees but nothiong else.
He then stunded, not killed a Afircan bee that was on fruit on the table, took bee in hand and stung his finger tip to show me no real pain involved.
He said it works well try it. So I let Fernado sting me in the back pain central
area, With in seconds I could move without intense pain.
He said use two mexican bee stings a day for two days or one African bee a day for two.
I was stuned myself on how well this worked> I could hardly move without intense pain before the sting. So outside of cosmetics it has its place and works like nothing else I know first hand now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2012 11:33PM by riverhousebill.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: December 26, 2012 01:52AM

Don't bees die if they use their stinger? Except for yellow jackets or wasps Perhaps. And who wants to go looking for Africanized Bees..no thanks.

Once again a living thing is used for beauty enhancement for vain people. I'm sorry, but whatever happened to aging in a natural way..there's beauty in that too..in fact I think it can often be more beautiful than all that weird surgery and enhancements people get today. Some of the women look like they've let a couple bees sting their lips..it looks silly.

Oh..what's a Mexican bee?..I know there's gotta be a joke in that somewheresmiling smiley

Love,
Prism

Date: December 26, 2012 11:50AM

yeah, I don't think humans care if they die. All they see is the $$$. That's why the planet is rottening away. All this education and training about making money is turning the planet in a rotten apple. Try to see the TV program called Earth 2100. If you think things are bad now wait a little longer and see. It will be the Wild West but nastier. At least, in the Wild west there were rules of engagement.

grow pigs to sell their parts. what ever remains are left, sell them to feed cows. Grow the new biotech salmon that grows twice as fast and double profit. Grow GMO crops and tripple profits. dump in the ocean. buy the mansion and the mercedes. secure a nest.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2012 11:55AM by Panchito.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 27, 2012 03:33PM

When I was 2, I was set outside in my stroller under the magnolia tree and a bee came along and alighted on my foot. I shook my foot to see what would happen and the bee stung me. My grandmother gardening nearby ran over and tried to soothe me by saying, "Oh, because the bee stung you, he will die, don't cry." To which I responded by sobbing that I didn't want the bee to die, why should the bee die because it stung me, that's what bees do?! My grandmother was baffled.

I still use bee products occasionally, as long as the bees are respected in the making of them. But bee venom therapy makes me see red: it is so visciously exploitive, it cannot be justified. I have said to people[and I realize this may sound hypocritical considering the intro sentence of this paragraph]"You have rheumatism? Boo hoo! Stop eating inflammatory foods and move around more. Don't sacrifice useful creatures because you can't be bothered to do the hard work." Add "vanity" to that outburst.

[sigh]

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: December 27, 2012 11:28PM

Prism, African bees are right along side to the Mexican bee, No joke for the mex bee, I dont know the latin name of it, but two kinds are always there when fruit or somthing else is left out and my Mex friend called one african and the other mex. As for explioting, everthing has its carbon footprint. One might say just being on line and the electric it takes to keep you there might also have a footprint! always good to look between the toes for life form bees ect cant argue that.

An other old mexcan remedy for the sting of a bee is the best, place a slice of lime on the sting and it will stop the sting right then.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2012 11:43PM by riverhousebill.

Date: December 28, 2012 03:41PM

people (companies) also make money from animal carcases too. Check out google on tallow or sodium tallowate. They use "rendeing plants" to process the carcases. Check out youtube but be careful not to do it when you are eating. They make all kind of products to sell to other companies to make commercial products like soap, shampoo, detergent, and even food. If people knew they would gross out. It's all about money. that's humanity.

If your soap is a commercial (like from Wlamart), it is most probably made from:

slaughterhouses
restaurant grease
expired meat from grocery stores
the carcasses of euthanized (with the poison)
dead animals from animal shelters
zoos
veterinarians
road kills scraped off the highway

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2012 03:45PM by Panchito.

Date: December 31, 2012 03:01PM

Yesterday, I visited a forum for vegetarian athletes and there was a several-years-old thread from the moderator about "hidden" animal products in apparently benign foods and products. One poster after another posted links showing that industrial use of animal by-products is more widespread than even I suspected--and I keep a pretty strict household. Frightening!

Date: January 01, 2013 03:03PM

cartoon vid 3 mins long

[www.youtube.com]

Date: January 02, 2013 03:11PM

Panchito, that's one of the most amazingly effective messages I've ever seen. I can only imagine the blowback from the people this is directed at as this thing circulates!

We need to be more vocal about this stuff.

Date: January 03, 2013 10:23AM

The main argument is overpopulation and poverty. People need to exploit animals in order to make money. Sooner or later they will justify canibalism too. Right now, the faces of the animals exploited are hidden from consumers just in case babies start crying. The most ridiculous thimng is the 'humanly treated' argument. It is plain murder no matter how it is explained.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2013 10:25AM by Panchito.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables