Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Anyone tried Jameth Sheridan's Vitamineral supplements?
Posted by: HH ()
Date: January 12, 2013 01:08AM

I was at my co-op yesterday and one of the guys who works there was really talking up Vitamineral Green and Vitamineral Earth. He said they were the best products ever and should be taken in combo. They're pretty expensive, so I thought I'd do some vetting and see if anyone has tried them and what they think. They get very good reviews at Amazon too with a lot claims of help with meat cravings and various other things.

[healthforce.com]

[healthforce.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone tried Jameth Sheridan's Vitamineral supplements?
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: January 15, 2013 02:01PM

I haven't tried them, but thanks for bringing this product line to my attention. I'm definitely going to buy them soon. My only reservation about a supplement with so many ingredients in it (even though they're all natural) is that sometimes I think people are 'allergic' to a certain specific food - like I think I'm 'sensitive' to dandelion, and I usually avoid citrus - so when a product has twenty different foods in it, maybe we're getting some bad with the good.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: January 16, 2013 08:44AM

Yeah there pretty good HH.

The green supplement they do contains klamath lake algae though if i remember, which should probably be avoided due to the toxic microcystin contamination. Although it looks like its no longer included which is good.

Also i wish manufacturers would leave out these horrible digestive enzyme blends. Most of them by standard contain cellulase which breaks down all the wonderful fibers in these plants into you guessed it SUGAR. Normally many of these fibers are indigestible in order to provide food for the gut flora.

[www.natuhealth.co.uk]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2013 08:47AM by powerlifer.

Posted by: allen05 ()
Date: February 01, 2013 09:56AM

So I've been soaking my peanuts overnight before eating, but I don't put salt in the water. However, some sources say that adding salt to the soaking water is necessary to enhance bioavailability and, since peanuts are legumes, others say it should be lemon instead of salt.

But I'm wondering, are these additives really necessary or can I just soak them in water? I'm trying to maximize the nutritional value.

jimmy

Posted by: HH ()
Date: February 05, 2013 07:46PM

Thanks. Based on this plus the price I think I'll pass.

powerlifer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah there pretty good HH.
>
> The green supplement they do contains klamath lake
> algae though if i remember, which should probably
> be avoided due to the toxic microcystin
> contamination. Although it looks like its no
> longer included which is good.
>
> Also i wish manufacturers would leave out these
> horrible digestive enzyme blends. Most of them by
> standard contain cellulase which breaks down all
> the wonderful fibers in these plants into you
> guessed it SUGAR. Normally many of these fibers
> are indigestible in order to provide food for the
> gut flora.
>
> [www.natuhealth.co.uk]

Posted by: kola ()
Date: March 16, 2014 02:53PM

Hello folks,

I hardly post, but devotedly read all the great information on this wonderful site.

Jameth Sheridan addresses the topic of microcystis levels in Klamath Lake on his Healthforce website:

"Elixir of The Lakeâ„¢ Safety. Microcystis is another cyanobacteria that can be present in Upper Klamath Lake along with Aphanizomenon flos-aquae. This algae produces harmful toxins and is therefore unwise to consume. We harvest our KLA in the fall, after microcystis has stopped blooming. Each batch is sent to a certified, independent laboratory and thoroughly tested to ensure that the microcystis content is well below the stringent requirement of under one part per million set by the Oregon Department of Agriculture. Finally, all batches also undergo rigorous TruGanicâ„¢ testing to ensure a toxin-free end product."

Be well,
Kola

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables