Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Very good toothpowder recipe.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 23, 2013 04:02PM

I found a few ingredients NOT to add tongue sticking out smiley. MSM, neem, myrrh, irish moss. Gag!

10ml (2tsp) Diatomaceous Earth (food grade)
5ml (1tsp) Bentonite Clay
10ml (2tsp) Cal/Mag powder 2:1 ratio (this is sold as a drink mix)
10ml (2tsp) Baking Soda (aluminum free)
10ml (2tsp) Organic Orange Peel Powder
5ml (1tsp) Sea Salt (I used high mineral pink salt)
50ml (3Tbsp+1tsp) GMO-free Xylitol (I powdered this in a spice mill first)
*optional - 10 drops liquid trace minerals (sprinkle in and mix, if you wish you can run everything in a spice mill to make sure the liquid combines evenly with the powder)

Combine all ingredients well and store in an air tight container. Use just a pinch on a wet or dry toothbrush. This makes 100ml of dry powder which could easily last for a year depending upon volume and frequency of use.

If you would like to flavour your toothpowder you may add a maximum of 20 drops essential oil of your preference. I used a combination of fennel, wintergreen, and cinnamon which is quite nice.

If you prefer a paste to a powder melt 45ml (2Tbsp) coconut oil and vigorously stir in the dry ingredients. Spoon into an airtight container and scoop out small amounts as needed. If the resulting paste is too thick or hard you can add additional coconut oil.

Even my children like this recipe, there's enough sweetness from the xylitol (a bacteria fighter by the way) to offset the saltiness of the other ingredients. There are enough other powders to dillute the abrasiveness of the baking soda as well so there is no risk of damage to enamel from daily use.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Very good toothpowder recipe.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 23, 2013 04:20PM

Oh, and the vitamin C in the orange peel powder seems to react with the baking soda to create a mild fizzing action that's fun! I'm thinking of using lemon peel in future batches for a more tart flavour to enhance the sweetness, should be an interesting experiment.

The cost of purchasing all these ingredients was quite a bit so I recommend making this with friends who all want some and are willing to share the investment dollars. I've made up several jars to sell next time I've got a table at the market (along with deodorant I also make) so that's an option for you as well. Just take care to keep things as clean and sterile as possible and make sure to provide a list of ingredients with jars you give away or sell.

Cheers! smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables