Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Poor sleep in old age prevents the brain from storing memories
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: January 28, 2013 01:38PM

[newscenter.berkeley.edu]

"UC Berkeley neuroscientists have found that the slow brain waves generated during the deep, restorative sleep we typically experience in youth play a key role in transporting memories from the hippocampus – which provides short-term storage for memories – to the prefrontal cortex’s longer term “hard drive.”

However, in older adults, memories may be getting stuck in the hippocampus due to the poor quality of deep ‘slow wave’ sleep, and are then overwritten by new memories, the findings suggest."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Poor sleep in old age prevents the brain from storing memories
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: February 04, 2013 06:32PM

Great, I've been sleep-deprived for 17 years now - since my daughter was a baby. When you're a mother, it's part of life. And from what I've read, people who let their dogs sleep in their bed have the same problem.

Re: Poor sleep in old age prevents the brain from storing memories
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: February 04, 2013 07:14PM

sleep deprivation is not good for health. Some people (not all) think they do it out of necessity, but it is more like for boosting their village recognition (carrying more responsibilities, etc). Same as like having two jobs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables