Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Is anyone here on an otherwise high-raw vegan diet that includes raw milk?
Posted by: HH ()
Date: February 05, 2013 03:26PM

How's it going?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is anyone here on an otherwise high-raw vegan diet that includes raw milk?
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: February 06, 2013 06:54PM

LOL:

*crickets chirping*

That is NOT ALLOWED!!!!

Date: February 06, 2013 07:20PM

I posted this because the forum description says: "This forum is for the discussion of other health related topics, not pertaining to Living and Raw Foods." For some reason I interpreted that to mean free-for-all, but in hindsight I can see that it does not say that non-vegan is okay. Someone sent me a PM asking if this thread was kosher. I then wrote Prana a letter where I asked him if it's allowed. He hasn't responded. I'm guessing that he's either too busy, doesn't like me, or has no desire to say either yes or no. I told him that I don't wish to offend anyone. It's a mistake if I misinterpreted the guidelnes. I had no desire to start a debate either. Just interested in what happened when people tried raw milk. I liked it at first, but after a month I started getting very sluggish, felt inflamed, and cut it out. However, I have yet to try it when the rest of my diet is let's say 90% or more raw vegan. I realize that I have a reputation as the outlier bad seed of this board, but I truly meant nothing. Can't it still be vegan if every one bashes it? smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2013 07:21PM by HH.

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: February 06, 2013 09:57PM

I had been going to respond here, so I'll just go ahead and if Bryan says it's not allowed, he can delete it or tell us so -

Right now, I alternate between high raw and 100% raw for months at a time. I'm always experimenting and trying to get the 100% raw diet down pat and make it work for me. I also have raw goat's milk except in the winter. My first five or six years - starting in 2000 I went 100% raw overnight - I was 100% raw vegan. Then I became high raw with raw goat's milk except in winter, like I just said. My main reason was because of my weight. With all raw, I got down to 76 pounds, and when I eat all raw with the milk, I don't lose weight. Also, my face fills out and looks better. And I have tests done once or twice a year, and when I was vegan, the doctor said he never saw such low B-12, D and Omega scores as mine. So my pattern is that in winter, my weight drops to 80 and then in the spring when I have the milk again, it gradually goes back up to 95. The test scores are better in the fall than in the spring. I do feel about the same with or without it, I think. Actually, I notice more difference in how I feel in whether I'm all raw or high raw.

Date: February 07, 2013 01:57AM

Thanks.

KidRaw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I had been going to respond here, so I'll just go
> ahead and if Bryan says it's not allowed, he can
> delete it or tell us so -
>
> Right now, I alternate between high raw and 100%
> raw for months at a time. I'm always experimenting
> and trying to get the 100% raw diet down pat and
> make it work for me. I also have raw goat's milk
> except in the winter. My first five or six years
> - starting in 2000 I went 100% raw overnight - I
> was 100% raw vegan. Then I became high raw with
> raw goat's milk except in winter, like I just
> said. My main reason was because of my weight.
> With all raw, I got down to 76 pounds, and when I
> eat all raw with the milk, I don't lose weight.
> Also, my face fills out and looks better. And I
> have tests done once or twice a year, and when I
> was vegan, the doctor said he never saw such low
> B-12, D and Omega scores as mine. So my pattern is
> that in winter, my weight drops to 80 and then in
> the spring when I have the milk again, it
> gradually goes back up to 95. The test scores are
> better in the fall than in the spring. I do feel
> about the same with or without it, I think.
> Actually, I notice more difference in how I feel
> in whether I'm all raw or high raw.

Date: February 07, 2013 11:37PM

KidRaw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I had been going to respond here, so I'll just go
> ahead and if Bryan says it's not allowed, he can
> delete it or tell us so -
>
> Right now, I alternate between high raw and 100%
> raw for months at a time. I'm always experimenting
> and trying to get the 100% raw diet down pat and
> make it work for me. I also have raw goat's milk
> except in the winter. My first five or six years
> - starting in 2000 I went 100% raw overnight - I
> was 100% raw vegan. Then I became high raw with
> raw goat's milk except in winter, like I just
> said. My main reason was because of my weight.
> With all raw, I got down to 76 pounds, and when I
> eat all raw with the milk, I don't lose weight.
> Also, my face fills out and looks better. And I
> have tests done once or twice a year, and when I
> was vegan, the doctor said he never saw such low
> B-12, D and Omega scores as mine. So my pattern is
> that in winter, my weight drops to 80 and then in
> the spring when I have the milk again, it
> gradually goes back up to 95. The test scores are
> better in the fall than in the spring. I do feel
> about the same with or without it, I think.
> Actually, I notice more difference in how I feel
> in whether I'm all raw or high raw.

Kid Raw, how tall are you? Even 95 pounds sounds very underweight for a woman of average height. At one point in my life I got down below 100 lbs. (at age 19 and about 5'5"winking smiley and I looked terrible. I think that a woman of my height looks best around 120 (115 minimum). Just my opinion...

Date: February 08, 2013 12:32AM

To add to my last post: 76 pounds?! Kid, that is unbelievable unless you are 4 ft. tall. It sounds like you're starving yourself at that weight. I remember an anorexic who was terribly emaciated and she was probably 80 pounds. I am wondering if this is just your estimation or if it's really true. Please don't take offense at my question--I am really interested in what is going on. I read a similar post of yours recently that stated such a low weight and wanted to comment then but didn't.

Date: February 08, 2013 12:33AM

HH, just wanted to comment about your idea--I personally think it's a great one. I would probably do goat's milk but in any case, if you know a humane and safe source, then perhaps try it with a high-raw diet?

Date: February 08, 2013 05:33PM

banana who, I'm small-boned, five feet tall. I've always had a skinniness problem, digestive problems, gluten-intolerant. My regular weight is 95. When I was 100% raw vegan I went down to 76, but gradually came back up to the 80s. If I eat some cooked or have the raw goat milk with all raw, I can stay above 90. Making recipes and mail-ordering raw prepared food really helps. When I see photos of raw foodists and they look so skinny, it just feels like something's not right. Either it's what they're eating or not eating on raw or it's the situation with most of us - we were either born messed up or messed up our bodies when we were younger and so now we're having a problem with making 100% raw vegan work. Maybe the answer is with just eating a lot more or eating things like young coconut, chlorella, sprouts, hemp, sea vegetables, fermented vegetables; not just fruit, vegetables and nuts. We just keep experimenting and trying to perfect our diet.

Date: February 08, 2013 07:58PM

KR, you are very petite then! I did not think you could be only 5 ft. tall because the average woman is several inches taller. So yeah, I guess when I was 95 lbs. it looked different. I, too, was always underweight until adolescence. And when my weight fell to under 100 lbs. I looked awful. The thing that sucked was that most people probably thought I was anorexic and I wasn't. I knew exactly what I looked like. One day when I was in my early 20s (at the height of this issue), I was with my partner in a local healthfood store that had a deli. We were eating something and a woman came up to me and said: "Are you a recovering anorexic?" and I just started crying. I was so frustrated with my inability to maintain a normal weight.

Funny that I did not link it to my daily cigarette habit... eye rolling smiley

Date: February 08, 2013 08:58PM

Yes, I'm short. I remember when I was in my early 20's and realized I was short - it was so depressing sad smiley I can't imagine you smoking cigarettes. For how long did you smoke? I also smoked in my 20's for about 5 years. How tall are you if you don't mind my asking? How did you get over your skinniness or did you just naturally gain weight after that? Have you ever been gluten-free? That changed my life, and then later discovering the RFD was like a gift from heaven. Just think, some people probably will go through life never knowing about the raw food diet or even the food/mood connection.

Date: February 08, 2013 09:37PM

I am around 5 ft. 5. I smoked about a pack daily from age 18-23, so same as you! And as often happens, my appetite was cut. I suspect I consumed too few calories in those days. After quitting, I eventually did it on occasion (for instance, at parties). I stopped partying and haven't smoked in over 12 years.

In terms of my weight, it took quite a while to come up to a more normal weight. Interestingly, it was around the age of 30, which I attributed to a natural slowing down of the metabolism. Now I believe that the slowing down of the metabolism is a sign of one's engine getting gunked up and not something to shrug off as simply a sign of age. Maybe I'm wrong about that.

What is interesting is that I would like to shed some weight now but what has always amazed me is that I got crap for being underweight and yet not over my ideal weight. Why that is I haven't a clue.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables