Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

health question
Date: February 12, 2013 08:39PM

hi, i have a problem with diarrhea and constipation and i heard wheatgrass will cure those problems however i was wondering how is it supposed to work on you if you have a problem absorbing all your food, shouldnt someone use immodium with it? so you can know if the wheatgrass is working on you because then most of it goes in the toliet anyway,I would really appreciate anybodys response, thank you

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: health question
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 13, 2013 01:21PM

littlemisstwilight,

How are you using the wheatgrass juice, and what kind is it?

I would caution that symptoms like you are describing, if they are chronic, need to be verified by a doctor; it could be something serious. On the other hand, it could be food sensitivities or a reaction to a drug you are taking, or stress induced, etc. Maybe this is a recent temporary problem?

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: February 13, 2013 06:03PM

Do you eat gluten? Or dairy? If so, I would stop, and see if your problem is solved.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: February 13, 2013 07:39PM

I agree with Kid Raw; gluten is implicated in these various IBS-type disorders. As a matter of fact, it boggles my mind that even alternative health books sometimes seem to separate Crohn's from Celiac dis-ease, IBS, etc.

I just checked this book out of the library because I heard it mentioned by a raw fooder online. You might find it very helpful smiling smiley :

[www.amazon.com]

Date: February 13, 2013 08:20PM

i have powdered wheatgrass juice, and i have gone to the doctor a couple of times and they dont know what i have, its been like that for years, no matter what i eat, im not sure why. i also have anemia. i did check my colon they found nothing wrong with it i did stop the dairy but not gluten

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: February 13, 2013 08:59PM

Give up the gluten! I read a book by Elizabeth Hasselbeck (blonde conservative on "The View"winking smileyand it's also a great book--see if they have it at the library. I think it's called "G-free Diet." She says that it took years for her to be diagnosed. She was on "Survivor" and substisting on only rice and fish and discovered that she felt better than she had in years (rice doesn't contain gluten).

In addition to wheat, rye and barley (and spelt) have gluten. They always lump in oats with these items. Technically it doesn't have gluten but supposedly can be "contaminated" with it. You can get a special one that is gluten-free.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: April 06, 2013 01:56PM

Vegan boards, jesicaswift[if that is your name].

But probiotics, like in fermented veggies and water kefir, could help a lot.

I hope you have gotten better, littlemisstwilight smiling smiley

Date: April 09, 2013 09:36PM

thank you tamukha, i was planning to juice fast cause i heard bad bacteria cant live in oxygen, and i think my bacteria is unbalanced, hopefully that will help me. i will keep you posted at how it went smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables