Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

friends son loosing circulation in leg after surgery help!!
Posted by: singinraw ()
Date: February 19, 2013 02:11AM

hey everyone, my best friends 13 year old son recently had hip surgery after breaking his hip tobogganing and from his knee down on the left side where his hip was operated on he had some complications. There is a loss of proper blood flow to his lower leg. His lower leg and especially his foot and toes are alot colder on that side and he can't feel them properly.

the doctor said that was one of the possible downside risks of the surgery. They don't seem too sure it will ever come back and there could be permanent loss in their limited opinion. I know myself some things I would do if I was in that situation but I need to find something that could work for him. Hes only just starting out his life. So far all I can think of is wheatgrass poultice or chlorophylle soak(or poultice) with chlorella, not sure if thats enough alone though. I would really appreciate any other ideas or anything natural that would help him. We all know how much regular medicine and practices can screw up, would really appreciate some direction in treating this properly naturally so he can really make a full recovery.

Thank you so much in advance, I really appreciate any advice smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: friends son loosing circulation in leg after surgery help!!
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: February 19, 2013 02:18AM

Wow, long time, singinraw....

Sorry, all I can think of is massage to keep up the circulation. Maybe physical therapy, yoga.

Posted by: veganjuice ()
Date: February 19, 2013 03:55AM

I have heard great things about Calcium Bentonite Clay in these types of instances.

Read up on it at [www.aboutclay.com].

Also, I urge you and/or your friend to contact Perry A directly about this matter. She is a wonderful woman and will take the time to discuss it with you over the phone.

Sending healing energies...

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 19, 2013 01:13PM

singinraw,

Sorry this has happened. If it's some sort of nerve damage, I'd say try whatever you can but feeding his brain would help a lot. If the family isn't opposed to it, maybe some kind of bodywork, like, at least, acupuncture? Otherwise, yeah, detoxifying poultices and moderate exercise--to get that area used to working again--should help. Wishing for the best for this young man.

Posted by: vermontnl ()
Date: February 20, 2013 05:32PM

Yes, there is much one can do!

1. Find pressure points anywhere, pelvis, thigh, leg, foot, and hold at a slightly more than uncomfortable but not too painful pressure with no movement until the sensation is normal or the pressure has diminished or there is some release like heat, vibration, twitch, etc.

2. Hold the affected limb at the foot and give a slight light pushing pressure (no movement) towards the pelvis/hip to lightly reconnect the tissues on a cellular level.

3. Lay ones hands on the cold part and another to a too warm part, and connect.

4. Lay ones hands above the injury/surgical site and an opposing region where the trauma would have been released if it was not locked in the body (one might be able to feel the area with ones sensitive hand.) This is called a Direction of Energy technique, and is very effective.

4. Get a good anatomy atlas (I like Netter's). Starting from the low back, following the nerve towards the foot with rythmic pressure (kind of like rocking). If the leg is cold on the inside, the nerve runs from the inside of the thigh; if on the outside, from the back of the upper thigh, outward and down.

5. Light stroking in the direction of the hair and lightly tapping in one spot for not longer than 10 seconds at a time can lightly stimulate the nerves again.

6. Light stroking towards the heart will help move any stagnant fluids.

7. Consider seeing a therapist of CranioSacral Therapy to also heal the tissues from the injury and subsequent surgical trauma.

8. The doctors may not know all that can be done to heal this condition.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables