Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What to eat during stomach upset
Posted by: Carolinew50 ()
Date: April 21, 2013 02:23PM

Hi, I wonder if anyone could advise me? I began to eat raw about 2.5 weeks ago, for health reasons.

I began vomiting 4 days ago, and have barely eaten since. I'm not sure whether its side effects of detox or a stomach bug, but the main thing is I don't know what to eat (beyond 'not much' :-)). I can keep down small amounts of rice or plain gluten free toast, but not banana. These are the staple ’stomach upset' foods that I know of, but of course they aren't raw (other than the banana).

Do I need to just give up on raw until this passes, or are there stomach gentle raw foods that I can try?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What to eat during stomach upset
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 21, 2013 05:54PM

When I am nauseous I simple don't eat. If I can tolerate liquids water, tea, possibly diluted juice. Throwing up is the body's way of asking to be allowed to empty out IMO.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: April 21, 2013 08:04PM

Question: you began to eat raw 2 1/2 weeks ago and are eating rice and toast? Did you start eating cooked foods during the nausea or were you always eating some cooked foods during the last 2+ weeks?

Posted by: Carolinew50 ()
Date: April 24, 2013 07:10AM

During the nausea. I didn't eat at all for 2 days, but knew I had to have something after that. I'm now able to eat bananas and some papaya, also a little bit of apple, so I've dropped the cooked.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables