Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Not thinking about diet
Posted by: HH ()
Date: May 15, 2013 08:47PM

I'm wondering if anyone else has graduated to the place where they've found a diet that's good for them and just eat it instead of thinking about it all the time. I find this to be a very peaceful place.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Not thinking about diet
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: May 16, 2013 08:29AM

Things are only as complex as they can be seen.

Date: May 16, 2013 03:47PM

Can you explain what you mean in relation to what I said? I ask this because I'm interested. Otherwise, I feel like I just read a condescending and mysterious fortune cookie. No offense, bruh. smiling smiley

Panchito Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Things are only as complex as they can be seen.

Date: May 16, 2013 04:46PM

it means that if you 'graduate,' you stop learning as you already learnt. It is peaceful but...nobody knows what you miss. Some people say they are students for life.

Date: May 16, 2013 09:01PM

Eh. I'm thankfully too busy growing food and doing many other things. I spent years worrying about diet in order to get it off my mind. I'll let others worry about it now. I try to appreciate what's before me and trust my learning instead of always worrying about whether or not my menu is optimal. I've also moved beyond a lot of psychosomatic food issues I had. Hopefully someone very concerned with their diet will soon find a bioavailable source of vegan B12. That would be cool, but it won't be me.

Date: May 17, 2013 08:48AM

since b12 is made by bacteria, it is available (we have more bacteria in the body than cells). But the problem is not availability but absorption. It is the most complex of all.

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: May 18, 2013 12:02AM

No, I'm still obsessed with my diet, and I hope I always will be. I keep striving to make the 100% raw food diet work for me, even if it has to be vegetarian rather than vegan. I have a skinniness problem, gluten-intolerance, leaky gut or whatever, Lyme Disease issues that make it difficult. I get B-12, D, Omegas and other tests done once or twice a year and keep experimenting to see what works. But I've been into Nutrition/Alternative Health for 30 years, and I love it, so I'll never stop experimenting and trying to perfect my diet. Yes, the B-12 thing is a big problem.

Date: May 18, 2013 12:39AM

I hear ya. I guess that what I'm saying is that it's good to be healthy right now and seem to have found a protocol that works for me. Sorry to hear that you're having problems. Hopefully you'll find some answers.

I've dropped thousands of dollars on alternative health products. It felt like I was the Imelda Marcos of supplements. It's good to have moved past what became an obsession for me. There was a time when I was getting something in the mail every day. But hey, it could have been worse. I could have been really into heroin or something. Alternative health seems like a pretty wholesome and positive avocation, especially if you can afford it. When I look back, for every one product that worked for me, there were probably 100 that didn't.

My current daily supps are Dr. Morse's Adrenal Support, my homemade reishi tincture, chlorella, panax ginseng, and Stress Response by Gaia Herbs. That's it. I also do the Raw Meal thing but not sure if that's a supplement. I suppose it is with its ingredients.

KidRaw Wrote:
> No, I'm still obsessed with my diet, and I hope I
> always will be. I keep striving to make the 100%
> raw food diet work for me, even if it has to be
> vegetarian rather than vegan. I have a skinniness
> problem, gluten-intolerance, leaky gut or
> whatever, Lyme Disease issues that make it
> difficult. I get B-12, D, Omegas and other tests
> done once or twice a year and keep experimenting
> to see what works. But I've been into
> Nutrition/Alternative Health for 30 years, and I
> love it, so I'll never stop experimenting and
> trying to perfect my diet. Yes, the B-12 thing is
> a big problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2013 12:41AM by HH.

Date: May 20, 2013 07:30PM

I just got into the herbs a couple months ago after seeing a video on the main forum featuring this guy in a wheelchair who was almost totally paralyzed and after taking herbs, he's improved tremendously. So I buy the herbs on sale from Matt Monarch and other websites. Right now in my smoothies I'm including Tocotrienol Powder, chlorella, Rhodiola, astragalus extract powder, moringa leaf, flower pollen, zyflamend if I feel like putting up with the spiciness, and chrysanthemum powder.

[essentiallivingfoods.com]

[www.shamanshackherbs.com]

[www.jingherbs.com]

[www.dragonherbs.com]

[radiantlightnutrition.com]

[www.amazon.com]

You can get obsessed with the herbs. I never was into supplements, but these make sense. I also want to do an experiment with taking Brian Clement's Vitamin B-12. I got those B-12 patches, but gave up on them - although the first time I put one it, I felt great. Maybe I'll try one right now and see if I get a buzz smiling smiley

Date: May 20, 2013 10:43PM

Just to be clear, when I say supplements I mean herbs. Everything I listed is herbal. The Adrenal Support is a tinctured herbal blend and the Stress Response is an herbal capsule.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2013 10:44PM by HH.

Date: July 31, 2013 08:36PM

For those who make smoothies and are into Superfoods/Herbs, Raw Food World has a lot of them at great prices in their 'specials' right now. Today's the last day to order some of them - the July specials.

[www.therawfoodworld.com]

Date: August 20, 2013 03:43PM

HH, would you put both coconut water and the juice from vegetables in your smoothie? When I open a coconut, first I use the water in my smoothies, then I use the coconut meat over the course of a few days. I used to make my smoothies with water, but lately I've been putting vegetable juice in them, but I just feel hesitant to put coconut water and vegetable juice in together - maybe because they're both liquid because I don't mind putting the fresh juice and the coconut meat in together. Do you use water for the liquid in your smoothies?

Date: August 20, 2013 04:00PM

I edited the above -- but it was too late.....

HH, would you put both coconut water and fresh vegetable juice in your smoothie? When I open a coconut, first I use the water, then I use the coconut meat over the course of a few days. I used to make my smoothies with water, but lately I've been putting vegetable juice in them, but I just feel hesitant to put coconut water and vegetable juice in together - maybe because they're both liquid. I don't mind putting the juice and the coconut meat in together. Do you use water for the liquid in your smoothies?

Date: August 20, 2013 07:21PM

I find that when I'm 100% raw combining raw plants foods (liquid or solid) has no negative effect on me. The coconut water/veg juice combo sounds delicious. I use water for my smoothies. I also use tea. If I'm in the mood I might even throw in some coconut yogurt. I can't juice right now because my neighbors complain about the noise my juicer makes. Can't say I blame them since I'm in an apartment. In the process of looking for a house right now. smiling smiley

KidRaw Wrote:
> I edited the above -- but it was too late.....
>
> HH, would you put both coconut water and fresh
> vegetable juice in your smoothie? When I open a
> coconut, first I use the water, then I use the
> coconut meat over the course of a few days. I used
> to make my smoothies with water, but lately I've
> been putting vegetable juice in them, but I just
> feel hesitant to put coconut water and vegetable
> juice in together - maybe because they're both
> liquid. I don't mind putting the juice and the
> coconut meat in together. Do you use water for the
> liquid in your smoothies?

Posted by: powerlifter ()
Date: September 23, 2013 01:22PM

Yes this is the ideal mindset you want to achieve with diet and you will find many of the reactions and such you were having lower from improved adrenal function and less stressing.

I noticed my orthorexic relationship towards food was caused by heavy metal toxicity and copper imbalance. Once i introduced pectasol-c and alginates, i noticed i began to obsess less and less about diet and the knock on effect was improved health, through less stress.

Copper imbalances/toxicity is known to cause eating disorders, an aversion to protein rich foods largely due to low stomach acid and zinc deficiency and disordered thinking.

Theres alot to be said for just eating, i sometimes wish i hadn't studied nutrition at all due to how obsessive it can make you. But its all about balance.

Date: September 23, 2013 04:14PM

Getting to that place where diet is as natural and unconscious as breathing is something that we often forget is very important. I see diet as a discipline. The true masters simply and quietly do it because they've solved the puzzle to the point where they're at peace with their bodies. Sure there's consulting and helping people, but I'm talking about in personal practice. It wasn't long ago when every free thought of mine was dedicated to diet. Not healthy, especially when everything is in good shape!

powerlifter Wrote:
> Yes this is the ideal mindset you want to achieve
> with diet and you will find many of the reactions
> and such you were having lower from improved
> adrenal function and less stressing.
>
> I noticed my orthorexic relationship towards food
> was caused by heavy metal toxicity and copper
> imbalance. Once i introduced pectasol-c and
> alginates, i noticed i began to obsess less and
> less about diet and the knock on effect was
> improved health, through less stress.
>
> Copper imbalances/toxicity is known to cause
> eating disorders, an aversion to protein rich
> foods largely due to low stomach acid and zinc
> deficiency and disordered thinking.
>
> Theres alot to be said for just eating, i
> sometimes wish i hadn't studied nutrition at all
> due to how obsessive it can make you. But its all
> about balance.

Date: September 25, 2013 10:01PM

My diet growing up was sugary cereal and milk for breakfast, a meat sandwich with chips and an apple for lunch (I usually tossed the apple), and dinner was meat and potatoes with a salad. I usually had a bowl of ice cream for dessert. We also had plenty of Kool-Aid, soda, popscicles, ice cream sandwiches, etc. All were considered to be benign when taken with some degree of moderation. In my pre-teen years my mom regulated my food intake but once I hit puberty she let me eat whatever and whenever I wanted. When I turned 17 I started what we'd would now call a sort of paleo diet where I ate nothing but salads, meat, and as many oranges that I could get my hands on. Of course, I was also drinking copious amounts of beer, taking tetracycline, experimenting with all manner of recreational drugs, falling off my diet while drunk, and smoking cigarettes. My change in diet was brought on by acne. My lack of commitment didn't allow it to help me as much as it should have, but it did help. It also got me super-ripped with minimal exercise. I guess we all have to start somewhere on the path to learning and living better health.

powerlifter Wrote:
> Definitley HH, i think some individuals are sadly
> at a disadvantage with diet obsession such as
> those with food allergies, digestive problems and
> like i say imbalances which cause disordered
> thought. Some times its all 3 and it can really do
> a number on your relationship towards food i
> found.
>
> The consumption of highly refined sugar, processed
> and junk foods has really done a number on so many
> individuals. Every second person i meet these days
> is intolerant or has some kind of digestive
> problems. I bet antibiotic over-use is probably
> another major factor in this by wiping out the
> beneficial gut flora.
>
> What was your diet like growing up out of interest
> Eric ?. My diet was shocking, several cans of soda
> a day, all white refined carbs, lots of
> grains/bread/yeasty foods, simple sugars via
> sweets/candy. Its no wonder i had gut
> dysfunction.
>
> The Natural Health Blogger

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: September 27, 2013 08:16PM

Sounds like a self defeating move to have to think so hard on what one eats.
pick a healthy foods and relax.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2013 08:18PM by riverhousebill.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables