Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

FDA To Decide Whether Antibacterial Soap Is Safe
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: May 21, 2013 08:50AM

[singularityhub.com]

"Antibacterial soap has been around for 40 years. But research now shows that the active ingredient in the soap, triclosan, alters hormonal balance in animals, is possibly harmful to the immune system, and possibly contributes to the rise of antibiotic resistant germs.

I’ll give you a moment to dump all your triclosan-containing antibacterial liquid soaps and body washes that you’ve been using for years into the trash.

Triclosan, which kills both bacteria and fungus, is found in about 75 percent of antibacterial products. In addition to soaps, it’s found in deodorants and toothpaste and mouthwashes where it helps prevent gingivitis, and it’s infused in various household products such as garbage bags, kitchen utensils, furniture, clothing, toys, and some cosmetics."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FDA To Decide Whether Antibacterial Soap Is Safe
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: May 21, 2013 11:05AM

Here is more information on Triclosan, including a list of products which contain Triclosan. I've been adversely affected (vertigo and nausea) by that chemical in a rug pad (under the name Microban) and packets/stickers that are included in boxes of footwear these days (rather than the silica).

Products That Contain Triclosan

[drbenkim.com]

3 Most Toxic Chemicals in Your Home

[www.motherearthliving.com]

[healthyliving.msn.com]

I would advise everyone who buys a pair of boots or shoes to look inside the box to see what product is included or stuck onto the box itself. About a month ago, I was dizzy and sick for days until I discovered I was sleeping about ten feet from the hall closet with my daughter's 20 boxes of shoes that included four boxes with these "Micro-Pak" stickers in them. Once I got rid of them, I was OK.

Triclosan and Microban contain formaldehyde.

[www.micropakltd.com]

This is an example of how environmentally sensitive you can be if your body is relatively clean after eating the RFD for years.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables