Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Happiness documentary (1 hour video)
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: May 25, 2013 12:19PM

Six parts total (~ 1 hour) video

Part 1 (remaining linkable parts will appear at the end)

[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Happiness documentary (1 hour video)
Posted by: HH ()
Date: May 30, 2013 03:55PM

It's no longer available on youtube. Is that the documentary about positive psychology?

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: May 30, 2013 07:01PM

I LOVED what they said in Part 6...

[www.youtube.com]
"Happy" Documentary - Part 6
16:43 Minute Video
Published on May 12, 2013

JR’s Notes:

0:07 MM
In the Southern African country of Namibia, there lives a group of people who are genetically more closely related to our ancient ancestors than any group on the planet today - they are the San Bushmen of the Kalahari Desert. 0:22 MM

2:19 MM
What did you eat earlier?

I don’t know.

That’s what’s making you sick.
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: May 31, 2013 12:20AM

I can't believe it's not available anymore. I was up to Part 4. It was good, but I guess maybe the rest of it was interviews with various people around the world who are happy.

I think some people are born happy and some are born less happy. Once some intuitive type healer person said not everybody can be 100% happy, and he said I can only be 80% happy. I'm pretty happy by myself, but when I'm around miserable people, I let them get to me and then I feel dragged down. I think some of it is empathy; I don't know.

My view on happiness. I think at the beginning of the video they said that health makes up about 10 or 20% of our happiness. I disagree. If you've ever been in pain or sick, you know that nothing can make you happy. If you're in pain or sick, you're not happy. That's why they say - if you have your health, you have everything. If you don't have your health, you can never be happy. When I say, 'your health', I mean actually feeling sick or actually feeling pain. Ask someone who has an excruciating headache or is throwing up or whose back is in pain if they are happy. (Of course, that's why we're so blessed to have embraced the RFD.)

Another big source of happiness, I think, is to have a passion, an interest, like a hobby, etc., or to be creative. I would think artistic people would be the happiest, but maybe they're just very emotional people.

Date: May 31, 2013 12:34AM

Is this it? [www.amazon.com]

Date: May 31, 2013 02:54AM

Yes, and I see it's on Netflix, so I'll finish watching it there - if I can tear myself away from the Westerns, old Hollywood Classics and BBC Dramas - Downton Abbey.

[movies.netflix.com]

Date: May 31, 2013 12:25PM

Have you ever watched Upstairs Downstairs? That's my all-time favorite.

KidRaw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, and I see it's on Netflix, so I'll finish
> watching it there - if I can tear myself away from
> the Westerns, old Hollywood Classics and BBC
> Dramas - Downton Abbey.
>
> [movies.netflix.com]
> ocale=en-US

Date: June 01, 2013 01:05PM

Yes, that was the best and the longest I think. Others we watched years ago - Poldark, The Forsyte Saga, Middlemarch, Berkeley Square, Pennies From Heaven. Some we've seen recently that were really good - North & South, Lark Rise to Candleford, Catherine Cookson Series, Foyle's War. For mysteries we liked Rosemary & Thyme and Miss Marple. A lot of those are on Netflix. For Westerns, our favorite is Lonesome Dove - pretty gory, but somehow doesn't seem real like what's on TV and Movies today.

I don't like the British comedies - although The Vicar of Dibley wasn't bad. But I can't take the British laugh-track - it's so loud and they play the laugh when the line isn't even funny.

Any other good British shows that you'd recommend? We kind of ran out of stuff so we're watching old westerns and classic Hollywood movies right now.

Also, if you're on Netflix, did you see the original UK House of Cards - political drama? It's better than the new one with Kevin Spacey - I couldn't understand half of it; it was too much - fast-paced and modern or something that I can't put my finger on. But the original UK mini-series was good.

Date: June 01, 2013 08:51PM

I think you've covered most of them. I might be able to think of more later. One really good English produced Masterpiece Theater production is "I, Claudius." It came out in the 70s I believe. It's excellent and Netflix used to have it when I was a member. It has actors like John Hurt and Patrick Stewart as young men. I use Amazon Prime. They have it so Netflix probably has it on streaming too.

Date: June 01, 2013 11:30PM

I want to get Amazon Prime soon because we've seen most of the good shows on Netflix. We did see I, Claudius years ago.

RIP, Jean Stapleton. She just died today at age 90 in her native NYC. She was Edith Bunker on the TV Show "All in the Family". We just watched a couple of the shows a while ago because we've been showing our daughter some old shows we used to watch. (She loves The Munsters) One thing about the show - It's Funny! After watching all the episodes on my all-time favorite sitcm - Perfect Strangers - I couldn't find any other comedy shows that were funny, until we saw Archie Bunker recently. The political commentary is timeless, it seems.

Jean Stapleton, Edith Bunker on 'All in the Family,' Dies

[www.usatoday.com]

Date: June 02, 2013 04:31PM

I recently saw a guy wearing a t-shirt that said: "Archie Bunker for President." smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables