Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

If the doctor says you are overweight is a cognitive bias
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: May 26, 2013 12:10PM

[www.wakehealth.edu]

"“Bias can affect clinical care and the doctor-patient relationship, and even a patient’s willingness or desire to go see their physician, so it is crucial that we try to deal with any bias during medical school,” said David Miller, M.D., associate professor of internal medicine at Wake Forest Baptist and lead author of the study.

“Previous research has shown that on average, physicians have a strong anti-fat bias similar to that of the general population. Doctors are more likely to assume that obese individuals won’t follow treatment plans, and they are less likely to respect obese patients than average weight patients,” Miller said.
"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: If the doctor says you are overweight is a cognitive bias
Posted by: HH ()
Date: May 30, 2013 03:52PM

Doctors and nurses are usually very nice to me. I was told by a nurse that it's because I work with them through exercise, diet, etc. instead of expecting them to do everything. Never in my experience have I come across evil health-care practitioners who want me to be endlessly unhealthy so that I can feed their wallets. They enjoy working with good bodies and get tired of seeing catastrophic BP levels all day.

What doctors and nurses are more likely assuming is that their treatments are less likely to help people who can't or won't take care of themselves. If you ever find yourself needing allopathy, your best hope is to work with the medicine. It's one small part of what should be a much larger, holistic treatment/health protocol. The more we understand this and act on it, the less likely we are to need allopathy. Kinda neat how it works like that.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables