Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I take back everything I ever said...
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 05, 2013 10:05PM

... about natural cleaning products.

I went to what amounts to a tuperware party at a friend's house but for cleaning stuff. I'm a convert. I tend to be pretty fussy about this, making a lot of my own things and buying expensive castile soap, etc. These cloths, mops, towels and such, Norwex is the company name, are hands down the best things I've ever used and they require only water. They're naturally anti-bacterial because they have silver filament woven in and the sort of high-end microfiber weave cleans like nothing else. The towels suck water right off your hands too, or dishes if you are the sort to hand dry instead of drip dry. I bought a toothbrush, wash cloths for body and face (use without soap, no cleaning stuff for face or body except water), and house stuff. I love it. My mom is a convert too, and a good dozen of our friends. It's expensive but if it lasts as long as they say it should it will have been more than worth it.

The demo the woman selling the stuff did was smearing butter on a mirror then cleaning it off with just water on the cleaning cloth followed by a quick rub with the polishing cloth. Squeaky clean. Then she wiped a few more things with the cloth. Seriously, it was astonishing. I'll never make or buy or use another cleaning compound, baking soda, castile, vinegar, again. My skin's looking pretty great too, the body cloths exfoliate really gently and well. Can you tell I like the stuff? LOL!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I take back everything I ever said...
Date: June 05, 2013 10:07PM

Oh, and another product they sell is a mattress spray made of natural enzymes that apparently eats up dust mites, their p00p, and skin dander. Did you know your mattress and pillows double in wieght from all that in there in just a couple of years? No wonder I wake up sniffly! I bought that too, we'll see if it makes a difference.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: June 06, 2013 03:27PM

Off to the Google, Coco. If a clean freak advocates something, I am so there!

Date: June 08, 2013 05:31PM

A friend was over at my place when our orders arrived, she unpacked her stuff and cleaned all the floors with her new mop, lol. I didn't see her for over an hour, she was wandering around the house with a cloth looking for things to wipe. Seriously. My mom came by the next day and said "Wow, what did you do to the floor in here?". :/ I was kind of insulted because I wash that dang floor on my hands and knees with a sponge but one pass with the magic mop and she notices. It's all fairly pricey and I have read not so great reviews online which baffle me but I am in love with this stuff.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: June 08, 2013 09:13PM

How do you clean it, though? It seems to require special care, which makes me leery.

Posted by: veganjuice ()
Date: June 08, 2013 09:38PM

I've seen these cloths like 10+ years ago, with the silver micro-fiber weave. I think it was at some kind of trade show. I always wondered why the concept never took off.

Never tried them, but does sound intriguing.

Date: June 10, 2013 10:06PM

Wash in the washing machine on hot with natural soap (easy for me since I make my own ~ super cheap!) and dry as usual or hang to dry. I wash nearly everything in cold except the sheets which I do weekly or so, they can get tossed in with those. The only special instructions are to use no fabric softner or drier sheets. Again, easy for me as I wouldn't touch that stuff. Oh, and don't wash with linty things like towels and sweaters, the grabby part of the cloth that cleans stuff up will grab lint too, lol.
You can rinse them out between uses with a little natural soap too, like some of their dish soap diluted in a spray bottle with water. That's what the woman who demo-ed the stuff does and I'm going to try that too. They don't ever start to smell funky ('cause they can't grow any bacteria so no stink) so I forget how long I've been using one and have to remind myself to throw them in the wash! That's an unneccessary extra step though. She does it because they use one wash cloth in the shower for their Whole body, head to toe, for a week so she rinses after each use just for peace of mind, lol. She starts with her face and ends you know where... grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2013 10:09PM by coco.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 27, 2013 02:11PM

As of the last time I checked, those cleaning wipes(or something like them) were available only in Canada. I vowed that the next time I was in Windsor visiting firends, I'd pop over to the nearest Home Hardware or Canadian Tire and get some. Your testimonial seals the deal, coconuts smiling smiley

P.S. I should just @#%$ing move to Canada already, grumble-grumble . . .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables