Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Feldenkrais
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: June 23, 2013 12:59AM

Is anyone familiar with Feldenkrais? Or the Feldenkrais Method, if that's what it's called. I'm thinking of going to some classes that meet once a week. I've done yoga on and off over the years and I'm not getting any younger, so I want to get shaped up so as not to get rigid in my old age, but I'm not a physical type person and I'm not sensitive to touch, so I might not do so well.

Here's a video -

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2013 01:11AM by KidRaw.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Feldenkrais
Posted by: veganjuice ()
Date: June 23, 2013 11:30AM

Interesting...

I've never heard of it before. I watched a couple of the vids; My take on it is that it is good for older folks maybe, or as Gary states, stroke patients or those with severely decreased mobility.

Given the choice, I would much rather prefer Yoga moves where your body follows a greater range of movement, to keep as much flexibility in the muscles as possible.

Just my .02...YMMV

smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 26, 2013 03:56PM

SWIM!!! Low impact total body work out. And stretching too but the water, the water is where it's at.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 27, 2013 03:46PM

It's good for the elderly, or anyone else whose body has learned incorrect postures to compensate for earlier injuries and ailments. Um, reading that back to myself, I guess that qualifies most of us for Feldenkrais, ha-ha!

If the class isn't distant, give it a go, KidRaw--you might benefit from it. Good luck smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2013 03:46PM by Tamukha.

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: July 02, 2013 01:10AM

I went to the Feldenkrais class this weekend. It was good - pretty easy. It's 'awareness through movement' so that with small movements, you're 'massaging' certain internal organs. After we learned one movement, we did 'the walk' for a while, and then one person in the class was saying her hair itched, so she showed up this scalp movement where you grab a bit of hair and then move it back and forth so the scalp moves, and you do that all over your head. It could be relaxing.

[www.flowingbody.com]

Also Feldenkrais is supposed to be helpful to relieve pain -

[www.youtube.com]

This isn't the movement we learned, but it's sort of the same idea -

[vimeo.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables