Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Non-Stick Cookware
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: September 03, 2013 12:23AM

Could this be OK?

[www.ecolutionhome.com]

I went to visit my daughter and she had one of these frying pans and I was surprised because I thought she had agreed with me in the past that non-stick cookware is 'bad' for you. She said it was "eco", so she thought it was good.

I'll have to research it further after reading the above link, but my question is: "What is this 'non-stick' that they are referring to?"

Does anybody have any knowledge of this product or is there ever a non-stick coating that's not detrimental to our health?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Non-Stick Cookware
Date: September 03, 2013 12:53AM

So far I found this -

[www.debralynndadd.com]

9 Non-Toxic Cookware Brands for Safe and Healthy Home Cooking : TreeHugger [www.treehugger.com]

[www.treehugger.com]

I saw this review on Amazon -

"non-stick is ptfe, December 4, 2012
By becci - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ecolution Elements Fry Pan Triple Pack, Gray (Kitchen)
I bought a 10" and a 12" skillet based on the 'green' marketing, and they performed well. I got suspicious as I couldn't find a specific reference to ptfe so I emailed the manufacturer. The reply said that the nonstick coating is indeed ptfe. I will return the pans."

From another Comment section -

"Chris Pyle Says:
November 30th, 2010 at 11:50 am
My concern with the Ecolution products, is I can’t find anything in their literature or on the internet about whether or not their Hydrolon coating actually does not have teflon. It says its PFOA free, which is the chemical traditionally used to apply teflon, but from everything I can read, it sounds like Hydrolon is just a water based way to apply teflon. Generally if something doesn’t have teflon, it would also be listed as PTFE free as well as PFOA.

The only products I have found the list both PFOA and PTFE are the GreenPan products, typically sold under Todd English’s name, and Cuisinart’s Greenware and GreenGourmet lines."

Tomorrow I'll call them and ask if the actual coating is PTFE.

Re: Non-Stick Cookware
Date: September 03, 2013 06:14PM

So I emailed the company and they said -

"Thank you for your interest in Ecolution cookware. PFOA is what the Enivornmental Protection Agency said needs to be banned from cookware. PTFE is the name for non-stick. PTFE is widely used in many products and there is no danger of using. All of our products are FDA approved and completely safe to use. All of our products are PFOA free. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions."

Then I called today to make sure, and the customer service lady said yes, Ecolution cookware has PTFE - which is Teflon - in it.

You just have to be on your toes every minute to keep on top of all the unhealthy products they keep bombarding us with.

And then my daughter doesn't like cast iron because of the bits that come off it or something like that and Xtrema Cookware isn't non-stick enough for her, so I hope I can convince her to give this Ecolution frying pan up eye rolling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables