Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Detox symptoms? lower abdominal pain
Posted by: blackkat8 ()
Date: March 17, 2014 05:18PM

I've been on 100% raw now for 3 weeks, and have had several different detox symptoms, mostly none too severe. Until perhaps last night.

I woke up in the middle of the night in excruciating pain on the left side of my body, the hip area. I felt pain in my lower back, and abdomen. The pain was so intense I was dizzy, nauseous, and had hot sweats. I also vomited at one point it was so painful. I could not get myself into a comfortable position. I had to keep shifting around. I did not have any bowel problems what so ever. The pain persisted for about 50 minutes and was constant. it did not come in waves, and I also asked my fiancé to take me to the ER at one point.

It slowly subsided, and i was able to lay back down, flat on my back and this morning that area is super tender/sore, but none of the excruciating pain anymore.

I understand there are several causes for this, as there are plenty of organs on this side of my body. I am 28 year old female by the way, with no previous history of kidney stones, or bladder infections. Could this have been a stone that's been in my body for awhile that my body is now trying to flush itself out? I've been eating lots of fresh juice, and smoothies, limiting seeds/nuts, and having avocados, coconuts, lots of greens.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Im worried that this pain wil come back, and if so will seek emergency care.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Detox symptoms? lower abdominal pain
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: March 17, 2014 11:32PM

Is this the location of the pain?

[en.wikipedia.org]

Too much green smoothies (or any other high oxale foods) can cause kidney stones in certain people

Date: March 25, 2014 11:23PM

Yes exact location.

Too much green smoothies meaning?

on average I have been making a smoothie for breakfast, either a bunch of spinach or kale, and fruits like bananas, strawberries mangoes, etc.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: March 28, 2014 07:35PM

Date: March 31, 2014 06:56PM

Thank you for the information. It's been helpful!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables