Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

A do-it-yourself PEMF (pulsed electromagnetic field) device
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: April 18, 2014 04:27AM

I have created a blog that describes how to make a low cost PEMF device using an MP3 player, an electromagnet coil, and some MP3 files. Most people have a device that can play MP3 file, whether its a smartphone, iPod, tablet, laptop, computer, stereo, etc. So the only investment to make a PEMF device is between $20 to $30 for an electromagnetic coil (commercial PEMF devices can cost between $3000 USD to $5000 USD). On this blog I have free downloads of MP3 files, with instructions on how to assemble the device and how to use the various MP3 files for pain relief, better sleep, better circulation, etc.

Here is the site: Do It Yourself Pulsed Electromagnetic Field

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A do-it-yourself PEMF (pulsed electromagnetic field) device
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: April 22, 2014 11:11AM

Thanks for this - I am going to build one of these real soon! smiling smiley

Date: April 23, 2014 06:00AM

hey juicerkatz, let me know how it goes for you or if you have any questions.

Date: April 25, 2014 10:18PM

Thanks Prana,

I have ordered the Alleva-Wave Replacement coils and am anxious to put this thing to use! I have some sleep issues and hopefully this will be a good remedy for that. smiling smiley

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 26, 2014 06:07PM

freaking awesome!

GREAT idea

thanks prana

Date: April 27, 2014 03:43AM

Thanks la_veronique. If you know anyone with chronic pain or has trouble sleeping, have them try making and using one of these devices.

Date: April 29, 2014 07:30PM

thanks prana smiling smiley

Date: April 30, 2014 02:29AM

Prana,

I usually listen to mp3's while sleeping - sometimes old time radio podcasts, maybe soft music, etc. Anything to help me fall off to sleep. Do you feel that would be a detrimental practice while using this device at the same time?

Date: April 30, 2014 03:55AM

schumann frequencies = earth's frequencies

Date: May 05, 2014 05:00AM

juicerkatz, it would be fine to listen to music while using this device. However, if you only have one mp3 player, and it is playing the healing frequencies, you won't be able to listen to music at the same time.

Date: May 05, 2014 07:20PM

Hi Prana,

I have several mp3 players, so that's not an issue. I just received the electromagnet coil in the mail today and will start using it tonight.

Thanks again for the info. smiling smiley

Date: May 06, 2014 01:29AM

Prana,

Do you know anything about the Solfeggio Tones/Body Healing Tones? Can they be used with this device? Checking out some of the websites, I see there are many tones for addressing specific diseases/ailments.

[www.solfeggiotones.com]

Date: May 06, 2014 06:00AM

juicerkatz, if you had an MP3 file with a pure tone, it ought to work. The ones on the website you listed has a sine wave tone on top of other music, which I fear would add a lot of noise to the signal. Those MP3 are designed to sound good, not be a pulse source.

If you search for on Google: audacity generate tone you can find out how to create your own tone files. But for convenience, I have put some tone files you can used on my website at this link: Solfeggio Tones.

Date: May 06, 2014 06:01AM

By the way, I have not done any testing on these file as to whether they have any healing properties whatsoever. You can try them on the device, as an experimenter and researcher, and let me know if you feel anything from these solfeggio tones.

In general, PEMF devices send out frequencies that are 32Hz or less. The solfeggio tones are audio tones, meaning they are a higher frequency. This is getting into the rife frequency healing. For an excellent low cost rife solution, check out www.spooky2.com.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2014 06:03AM by Prana.

Date: May 06, 2014 10:55PM

Prana,

I hadn't listened to the tones on the site I linked to - I didn't realize they had music embedded with the tones. I will give the solfeggio tones you linked to a try out at some point & follow up with my experience with them.

Last night was the first I tried this out. I used the Brain wave/ delta tone in an attempt to get some sound sleep, as I am usually a very light sleeper.

I placed the Alleva-Wave coil under my pillow and noticed two things; Unless it is my imagination, my pillow seemed to be warmer than usual. I am a person who flips the pillow to the "cool" side a lot, so I found this to be a minor annoyance. I may invest in one of those cool pillows - I saw them advertised somewhere.

Secondly, I didn't fall off to sleep any quicker than normal (I usually lay there for 45 min. or so, as I can't seem to turn off my brain at night...) but when I did get to sleep, I did sleep more soundly than I usually do and I will say that I awoke more refreshed than I have for some time.

I will continue to use this method and report back as I see things progressing.

Date: May 08, 2014 10:54PM

juicerkatz, I found the more I used the device, the easier it was to feel the effect of the device and fall asleep.

When you wake up in the morning, if you are feeling groggy or tired, under Brain Waves choose Beta 14-20hz. This should help you feel alert.

Date: May 15, 2014 09:46PM

I'm having negative effects with this. I have the electrodes placed under my pillow. I have been experiencing vertigo from the use of it. It usually goes away after an hour or so upon waking, but now I've had it for almost a full day.

I was using the Delta Brain waves for deep sleep. Even with the volume turned almost all of the way off, I still have issues. I've also tried the other Brain wave modes with similar effects. Not sure what to make of this.

Date: May 17, 2014 06:01AM

I did a search on PEMF & vertigo, and found this PEMF Contraindications. An excerpt that might be relevant for you:

Special attention:
More cautious approaches should be used in patients with hypotension, or predisposition to it, as well as patients with severe or accelerated hypertension since sudden significant blood pressure decreases may occur, causing vertigo, fainting, etc. This reaction usually disappears within 30 minutes after the exposure, and typically after a few exposures, adaptation begins.

On the same search, I found a site where a person healed their vertigo using PEMF.

You might try putting the magnets underneath your mattress. Make sure the smooth side of the magnet is facing your body.

If this problem still persists, perhaps you ought to discontinue using the PEMF. On the other hand, this could be something healing. If it were me, I would get quiet and meditate on it, to see if I could discern whether this were a healing action/crisis, or that I was being harmed by the PEMF. If muscle testing works for you, you might try that to determine whether to continue of not.

Date: May 31, 2014 05:14AM

I've been enhancing the diypemf site. I've added Apple Lossless (ALAC) and Free Lossless (FLAC) audio files in addition to the MP3 files. These files compress much smaller given the nature of computer generated audio, and don't have the loss or distortion that is found in MP3.

I've also added a post on The Lilly Wave, and audio files that contain the Lilly wave. This wave was discovered by neuroscientist John C. Lilly, who found he could stimulate the brain via electrodes with this particular wave without fatiguing or damaging the brain. It is for this property that I've created the lilly audio files, to see if this can be gentler for sensitive people. The conspiracy theorists out there claim that the Lilly wave has been used for mind control by the government and the illuminati.

I've also added the ability to create your own custom frequency file. Currently it creates an MP3 only, but soon I will add the ability to create ALAC and FLAC custom audio files.

Date: June 08, 2014 07:37PM

I've added an audio file creation tool that allows you to create your own frequency set to download onto your PEMF device. You specify the frequencies as in this following example: 30,22,7.83=600,14-18=60 as well as specify an optional default dwell. See Create a Frequency Set for how to use this tool and to specify a frequency set.

Also, there is now a search tool that allows you to search the Consolidate Annotated Frequency List (CAFL) and the Brainwave Frequency List (BFL) from Electroherbalism, and simply click on a search result to fill in the tool mentioned above. See The Rife Frequencies for instructions and a link to the tool. The BFL has a lot of fun frequencies, ones to alter your mood, emotions, spirit, chakras, meditation, astral projection, christ consciousness, eurphoria, brainwave states, endorphins, serotonin, etc. There are some new agey things like frequencies for orbits of planets and asteroids, spins of planets and the sun, musical notes. There is also the alleged sphincter resonance frequency.

The CAFL has a lot of healing frequencies for chronic disease and condition and ailments. PEMF might not be the right tool for these serious conditions, something like Spooky2 will be much better.

These tools create the ALAC, FLAC, and MP3 audio formats.

Posted by: trustserve ()
Date: June 19, 2014 03:00AM

Prana, thanks for your inexpensive self help offerings. I am very curious as to what the typical gauss rating is and what effect that has at healing success? I see some of the machines $1500 plus with huge coils and some pretty high power. How will those be different than what you describe here? I know that some of the effects have more to do with resonance than power still some of me thinks that the $25 solution simply can't match the effectiveness of the $1500 solution penetrating into deep tissue etc?

Date: June 20, 2014 04:19PM

This style of PEMF is lower powered and typically low frequency. At the surface of the coils, the strength is 100 milligauss. If you put the coils under a pillow, you might get around 0.5 milligauss.

This kind of solution is not the same as the high powered high frequency solutions, say like the Doug coil or plasma, where 10,000 gauss are delivered, and the frequencies are dissolve bacteria and microorganisms. This kind of PEMF is more for relaxation, pain, sleep enhancement, and brain entrainment.

Some of the PEMF solutions that are low powered cost upwards of $3000 and $5000. They have fancy mats and wands and biofeedback. However, this $22 solution gives a lot of the same benefits as those guys in terms of the function I described in the previous paragraph.

Date: June 23, 2014 06:39AM

I've added the ability to choose the wave form when you create a single frequency or frequency set audio file. From the doc:
Wave Form is the wave form to use in creating the audio file. Pulse is the default wave, the least intense in term of magnetic power, but others are available for your experimentation. Pulse is a 5% duty positive offset only square wave. All other waves beside pulse are positive and negative offset. The next least intense wave is the Lilly wave. The other waves are sawtooth, reverse sawtooth, triangle, and sine.

I've also added 2 new frequency lists to the Search functionality: the Hulda Clark frequencies and the Bruce Stenulson Frequencies. I've also enhanced the search to handle multiple words in a search better.

For those of you who downloaded the zip files with the Lilly wave, please download them again. I just discovered that these archives contained the non-lilly wave files. This issue has been corrected. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Date: October 06, 2014 06:36AM

I've added a new set of downloads to the diypemf site, first an 8 hour sleep program, that takes you from an awake Beta wave state down to a light sleep Theta wave state down to a deep sleep Delta wave state, keeps you there for several hours, and the brings you back up to an awake Beta wave state.

Also, there is another download where you can piece together your own playlist to move yourself into different sleep states between a light sleep Theta wave state and a deep sleep Delta wave state.

Getting a Better Night’s Sleep

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2014 07:12AM by Prana.

Date: February 06, 2015 05:49AM

If you bought a set of these coils, and you want to test the coils to see if they work, see the following: Testing Your Coils

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables