Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!
 

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Mold
Posted by: vermontnl ()
Date: June 15, 2014 07:15PM

I have been dealing with a mold issue since my house basement and articles therein got flooded.

I reacted physically of course since I am hypersensitive.

Now whenever I eat any acidic foods, I burn (my tongue, throat, ...).

I have thought about doing baking soda. What do you think? I miss so many fruits.

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mold
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: June 16, 2014 03:05AM

vermontnl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have been dealing with a mold issue since my
> house basement and articles therein got flooded.
>
>
> I reacted physically of course since I am
> hypersensitive.
>
> Now whenever I eat any acidic foods, I burn (my
> tongue, throat, ...).
>
> I have thought about doing baking soda. What do
> you think? I miss so many fruits.
>

I wouldn't because I wouldn't want to neutralize my stomach acids which I need to digest food with. Are you sure you aren't developing a GERD problem?
[www.mayoclinic.org]


Have you tried Thieves Oil in a diffuser for the mold or orally? I'd also arrange to have an ozone treatment or two for the basement if you don't have your own generator you can run down there and the mold hasn't been eradicated yet.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mold
Posted by: vermontnl ()
Date: June 17, 2014 12:26AM

Thanks SueZ,

It is definitely not GERD, and is mold. Thanks for the info on Thieves Oil, I will look into it. Yes I have a small ozone generator and the house is much better. I am cleaning top to bottom with borax and tea tree oil. I have after gutting the house found a few issues to fix and should be good soon. What an experience!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mold
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: June 17, 2014 01:13AM

vermontnl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks SueZ,
>
> It is definitely not GERD, and is mold. Thanks
> for the info on Thieves Oil, I will look into it.
> Yes I have a small ozone generator and the house
> is much better. I am cleaning top to bottom with
> borax and tea tree oil. I have after gutting the
> house found a few issues to fix and should be good
> soon. What an experience!


Your welcome, vermontnl.

What a nightmare for someone with sensitivities to go through. I have always wanted to have a basement but now I wonder if it would be worth it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mold
Posted by: vermontnl ()
Date: June 28, 2014 01:04AM

At this point the only thing that I think a basement is good for is as a root cellar. Building a home, I think it should be well insulated on the floor and above ground like on low piers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mold
Posted by: vermontnl ()
Date: July 03, 2014 03:18PM

update: My house is coming together. I am again hypersensitive to everything but generally feeling good. Taking care of myself. Still a little weak and immune system on overload internally. It will take some time to heal fully. Everything in its time. Glad to be alive.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mold
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: July 04, 2014 12:54AM

ozone generators kill mold

[www.amazon.com]?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mold
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: July 04, 2014 03:31AM

vermontnl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> update: My house is coming together. I am again
> hypersensitive to everything but generally feeling
> good. Taking care of myself. Still a little weak
> and immune system on overload internally. It will
> take some time to heal fully. Everything in its
> time. Glad to be alive.


Well I'm glad you are back on the road to recovery again! I'm also glad you started this thread when you did because I was considering a house built in the 1880's I've seen online that I really liked but now I've noticed in a photo that the basement water heater was not set directly on the ground but in what looked like a large deep dish pizza pan and the HVAC seems to be propped up off the floor a few inches so I'm scratching that house right off my list, lol.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2014 03:32AM by SueZ.

Options: ReplyQuote


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.


Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables