Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Facial exercises?
Posted by: mdelano123 ()
Date: December 09, 2006 04:27AM

Hi everyone,

Anyone know of any good internet resources for facial exercises? I've just recently become aware of this practice and I want to learn more about it and I am looking for some good detailed information and instruction, help would be greatly apprecited.

thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Facial exercises?
Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: December 10, 2006 11:17PM

Yes, I've been doing them for awhile.

First, [www.facercise.com] is a very good site. It's owned by Carol Maggio and she is a dynamo. Her books are available for women and men on ebay.

Her site for men is [www.facebuilder.com].

After you've been doing Carol's program for about six months it's time to graduate.

On to [www.flexeffect.com].

This is Deb Crowley's site. The difference between the two programs is almost like night and day. Deb has info for exercising those lines right out of your forehead. Carol doesn't. However, both programs are excellent.

After using facebuilder for men for three months my Mom remarked "Oh My, I didn't realize you had a cleft chin". It had been hiding for years under unexercised facial tissue.

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: jono ()
Date: December 21, 2006 02:38PM

Just eat some fresh mature coconut meat... the chewing is a total facial workout. Carrots might also work.

Posted by: James Smith ()
Date: December 21, 2006 02:54PM

I've never even heard of facial exercise before. It makes sense though. I plan to order a FlexEffect book.

Any other tips on improving the face, especially the wrinkles? Diet? Supplements? Creams?

Thanks.

Date: December 26, 2006 12:14AM

James,

One of the best moisturizers from nature is pure, raw, centrifuged coconut oil. I make my own skincare line but always recommend using coconut oil by itself if one wants to. As for diet, well if you're a raw foodist then you're already there as far as antioxidant level. Flex Effect and/or Facebuilder will naturally stimulate the collagen and elastin in the skin and help it to create more. Doctors used to believe that as our bodies aged we couldn't produce anymore of this vital ingredient in the skin that keeps it elastic and tight. Well, Deb Smith and Carol Maggio have proven them wrong.

Anyway, one last recommendation. If you want to see immediate results then get Facebuilder for Men. She recommends taking 30,60, and 90 days pics and the improvement will blow you away. With Flex Effect, the exercises are so many and so varied that it will take longer for you to see results. Well, not much longer but she doesn't make mention of taking pics. However, the eye exercises and jaw exercise in facebuilder are incredible. It's because of Carol that my Mum actually noticed my cleft chin.

Cheers,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: jono ()
Date: December 27, 2006 09:36AM

I just saw Borat last night. HILARIOUS! My face got a workout from laughing so hard. High Five!

Posted by: annie27 ()
Date: January 05, 2007 06:54PM

The Deb Crowley site is really outdated, neglected.
I'd love to take a class with her, she looks awesome for her age. But even the before and after photos haven't been updated for about 5 years.
Makes me wonder if anyone would respond to a book order or a phone call.......

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: January 18, 2007 04:09AM

If you are worried about wrinkles you probably shouldn't do them. More movement = more wrinkles. That's why people get themselves injected with botox, so that they will not have visible wrinkles.

People with facial paralysis lose their wrinkles or see their wrinkles become less prominent.

Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: January 20, 2007 11:23PM

Ever tried "lip-ups"? For video footage, just go to one of those old "Happy Days" episodes and watch Potsy and Ralph kissing the side of the pinball machine!! Fonzi's recommendation.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Date: January 26, 2007 02:15PM

Annie,

I agree. However, So is Carol Maggio's website. I suspect that it's because neither of the two women are web developers and are completely at the mercy of others. Unfortunately, in the world we live in nothing happens all that fast. I keep bugging rawganique to remove items that I've gotten an email about them not having any longer because the item was discontinued yet their site simply says "low inventory". Many sites are like this because it's tough to get people to do stuff for you unless you pay them premium dollars.

Marcos

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables