Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Almost took my finger right off!
Posted by: trinity082482 ()
Date: December 09, 2006 06:06PM

I had a horrid night I had sent my spouse out to buy me some flax seeds and olive oil and as he went out to warm up the car I began opening a can of 6 bean medely.
My can opener sux so I tried to pry the rest of the can opener with a butter knife and my finger went right through the lid of the can. I could see the chunky tissue under the layer of skin. I grabbed a purple bath towel and ran out side hoping to catch my spouse and I did just before he drove off and he rushed me to emerg. he held my head up because I started to shake like hypothermia and him and triage throught I was going to pass out. They cleaned my wound with something ( I screamed ) and they froze my hand with 2 needles. It didnt freeze all the way through so the 4th stitch I screamed while she stabbed the needle through the two pieces of skin. I bled so bad and they wrapped me up gave me another needle in the arm and sent me home. They made me put my arm in a sling to keep my arm up to prevent too much blood flow to my hand. My hand throbbed so bad and it still does. It bleeds a little even with the stitches and Ive been taking tylenol to keep down the pain. Owww

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Almost took my finger right off!
Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: December 11, 2006 08:49PM

Well that's a good reason not to eat canned cooked food ;-)

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: ReneeK ()
Date: December 12, 2006 12:57AM

I cut my finger terribly nearly two weeks ago trying to open a spaghetti squash. The knife slipped and the serrated edge tore right into me. Food must be fighting back this week. :-)

Renee

Proud to be a tandem breastfeeding, cosleeping, mei tai wearing, natural/homebirthing, cloth diapering, never spanking, non-circumcising mama to two wonderful little leeches. Baby Boy '04, Baby girl '06. :-)

Posted by: Witek ()
Date: December 30, 2006 05:44AM

Happened to me a while ago with a mandoline. Now I know to use the little plastic protective 'holder' that comes with it. Went into shock for a minute or two and couldn't hear anything anyone was saying to me. Their voices sounded like robots. Was pretty cool actually (other than having my finger out-of-order for a while after that). :-P

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: January 05, 2007 03:31AM

Oh..ouch..I hate cuts on my hands..so bothersome! I cut my thumb once while washing a glass that had broken under a sink full of sudsy water.

You might mix up some coconut oil, tea tree oil and lavender essential oil to apply when the stitches come out. It may help with lessoning the scar.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: January 07, 2007 09:00AM

Well, THAT was descriptive.
Get well soon, best wishes smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables