Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What does pain in the Solar Plexus mean?
Posted by: rufio ()
Date: January 05, 2015 11:02PM

Right where my solar plexus is feels like a tight knot and it's putting pressure on my heart. Breathing is difficult. I've tried massaging and manually pulling it downward (in the case of hiatal hernia) but it doesn't help.

I've bought every digestive aid at the health food store and they don't help. Today I tried DGL and papaya enzyme. I'm beginning to think no remedy will fix this. But if it's mechanical why doesn't self-massage work?

I've had this problem for a few years now and have had 2 abdominal ultrasounds and chest x-rays. I'm hoping to get an endoscopy soon.

In the meantime do you think it would be safe to try a kinesiologist? What if I have a tumor in my stomach, would that make matters worse? If endoscopy shows hiatal hernia or nothing at all, I will go to one anyway. Tired of not being able to breathe normally.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What does pain in the Solar Plexus mean?
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: January 06, 2015 01:09AM

rufio Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Right where my solar plexus is feels like a tight
> knot and it's putting pressure on my heart.
> Breathing is difficult. I've tried massaging and
> manually pulling it downward (in the case of
> hiatal hernia) but it doesn't help.
>
> I've bought every digestive aid at the health food
> store and they don't help. Today I tried DGL and
> papaya enzyme. I'm beginning to think no remedy
> will fix this. But if it's mechanical why doesn't
> self-massage work?
>
> I've had this problem for a few years now and have
> had 2 abdominal ultrasounds and chest x-rays. I'm
> hoping to get an endoscopy soon.
>
> In the meantime do you think it would be safe to
> try a kinesiologist? What if I have a tumor in my
> stomach, would that make matters worse? If
> endoscopy shows hiatal hernia or nothing at all, I
> will go to one anyway. Tired of not being able to
> breathe normally.

I have a hernia. That is thanks to my having been an idiot raw vegan noob listening to an idiot raw vegan guru who said "the stomach is a muscle and like any other muscle it will stretch to accommodate more food". Sounded good so I went ahead and ate more and more, picked up my 80 lbs of stuff, as I always do, and ended up with a hernia. When it acts up I go without solid food for a few days and that has always worked for me.

Anyway, I still maintain, and more so from reading your growing list of complaints, that you are badly in need or an enema and that you haven't given yourself one yet.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: January 06, 2015 01:29AM

Go to an MD.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: January 06, 2015 01:49AM

By the way my M.D. told me NOT to massage it.

It is very easy for doctors to tell whether or not you have a hernia. As you must have been to one recently, since you say you just had a cat scan, I have to admit your stories are just not adding up for me. I suspect you might just be trolling here.

Date: January 06, 2015 05:54AM

I am eager to try an enema but I read it is dangerous if one has a hiatal hernia. Not sure why though.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow (finally). Took 4 weeks to get one. I will demand an endoscopy because apparently an ultrasound and regular x-ray can't detect a hiatal hernia. Even then it will be 1-2 weeks before I get it done. This process takes so long which is why I come here in a panic asking questions. If I can take matters into my own hands I have nothing to lose. You've all been a big help throwing out ideas.

I had a CT scan of the head on Christmas Eve. I said to heck with it and went to the empty ER where they hand out CT scans like frozen turkeys. I didn't want that radiation but my MD refused to order an MRI and I refused to book the appointment for a CT. I ended up biting the bullet. It came back normal except for a nasal polyp and with some Christmas money I had a cranial massage and the fella broke up a lot of tension in my suboccipital muscles. Apparently you have to massage trigger points REALLY hard... I had tears in my eyes but it finally brought relief. Also bought a cervical pillow, ice bag, hot neck wrap, and some lacrosse balls to keep the head in tip-top shape.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: January 06, 2015 06:27AM

Rufio, I won't comment until I get more data.

SueZ wrote:
That is thanks to my having been an idiot raw vegan noob listening to an idiot raw vegan guru who said "the stomach is a muscle and like any other muscle it will stretch to accommodate more food". Sounded good so I went ahead and ate more and more, picked up my 80 lbs of stuff, as I always do, and ended up with a hernia

Tai:
Ouch! Oh my gosh. I can see why you are upset.

Date: January 07, 2015 03:57AM

I was prescribed Prilosec today and told to wait a month. If no improvement then an endoscopy will be ordered. Argh.

I think I will try colostrum next and a product called PepZin GI which is the healthy version of Prilosec.

Date: January 07, 2015 04:00AM

What I found interesting about the digestive bitters I take (Planetary Herbals) is that it contains ginger root. If the bitters are supposed to promote acid then why is ginger, an antacid, in the formula? Why is ginger good before meals if it suppresses acid? Don't people with digestive problems need more acid?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables