Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I don't wanna supplement with b12!
Posted by: Vitality ()
Date: February 06, 2015 06:21PM

Hi!

I have read a little on the subject of b12 and since I have been a vegan for about seven months only I have no yet bought a b12 supplement. Thing is, I really hate supplements in any form.

And, I have read that b12 was pretty late discovered, and vegetarians as well as vegans have existed long before that and they lived in good health and died in old age. They never developed b12 deficiency. I have also heard that vegans have lower b12 levels in the blood seen from samples, but that their intracellular levels are the same as heavy flesh eaters? This whole thing about b12 seems a bit suspicious to me, and I am well aware that some raw foodists and vegans have developed some mysterious diseases but still, is this really due to b12?

Even if I had to get b12, I don't want to get it via supplement. I have read many stories about strange effects, pimpels and other vague symptoms from consuming b12 supplements and my local store sells no pure b12 supplement, its packed with other vitamins and caffeine and stuff.

So, do you think I can take the risk? There's a minimal risk of b12 deficiency even without using zero animal products. I would rather include milk (I cannot get it raw though) than taking a supplement.

Best wishes

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I don't wanna supplement with b12!
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: February 06, 2015 08:15PM

B12 is not a choice you make. Well, if you chose to forget about b12 then you could pay a much higher price with a high probability. b12 does not come from animals. It comes from bacteria. The animals get dirty and eat dirt, and they get b12. They don't take showers everyday and they don't clean their food. That's where they get the b12

Hydroxycobalamin is the b12 reported that causes not effects. BUt you could try others to see if anythning happens.

[www.drdavidspatches.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2015 08:22PM by Panchito.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: February 06, 2015 08:59PM

If you clean your gut and populate it with an abundance of healthy bacteria - you may be able to create your own B12. Plenty of vegans can create their own B12. The best way to check would be to supplement with 'LifeGive B12 Forte' or 'E3 Live BrainON' while cleaning your gut and using high-quality probiotics and get your B12 levels tested - and then go about six months without supplementing and get your levels tested again.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: February 07, 2015 03:02AM

Vitality, since you only believe in NH philosophy, here is a NH lady talking about B-12:

[www.living-foods.com]

THere is a 5 part series on b12 here:
[nutritionfacts.org]
[nutritionfacts.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables