Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Blue Lotus Benefits, Side-effects & How to Use?
Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: June 14, 2017 03:27AM

Kratom Alternatives

Blue Lotus Benefits, Side-effects & How to Use?

Blue Lotus flower is a beautiful water lily belonging to the genus Nymphaea, also known as Blue Egyptian Lotus, Blue Egyptian Water Lily, Sacred Blue Lily or Sacred Narcotic Lily of the Nile. It is said to be widely used by Mayan and Ancient Egyptian civilizations. The flower is thought to have Godly associations too. The blue lotus plant is known to purify the blood, strengthen breasts and is useful in treating worms, tuberculosis, vomiting, vertigo, fever, edema, dysuria and toxicosis.

What is Blue Lotus and where it originated from?

Blue Lotus flower, scientifically referred to as Nymphaea Caerulea, is a natural sedative originated from the Nile River in Egypt. For more than a hundred decades, the native residents used it on spiritual occasions. The main purpose was to get better consciousness. At the outset of the third century, they introduced it to the conquering Greeks who exported it worldwide. The Egyptians also used it for libido.

What are the uses of the Blue Lotus?

Blue Lotus is said to have psychoactive alkaloid apomorphine and nuciferan as its components. It can be used to treat gastrointestinal diseases. It can also be used in diarrhea and dyspepsia. The reason the plant became popular in Egypt is its primary effects of euphoria and alleviation of depression. Many people also experience a mild stimulant-like effect that encourages socialization.

Blue Lotus also helps in erectile dysfunction, especially caused due to depression. The flower can be used to promote somnolence, anti-anxiety agent and for relieving stress. The flower is used in perfumes. Aromatherapy also recognizes the effectiveness of its oil. The blue lotus flower is said to have ginseng that acts as an anesthetic agent.

Each and every part of the Blue Lotus plant is useful in some or the other way. The leaves of the plant used for burning pains, thirst, hemorrhoids and bleeding from internal organs. The receptacle for the seed cleans the mouth and makes the blood pure. The filaments are aphrodisiac in nature, improve the complexion, help in oral ulcers and eliminate the tendency to abortions. The leaf-stalk helps in lactation. Honey from the lotus flowers is very nutritive and contributes to fight eye diseases.

Several countries use the seed extracts to prepare skin care products as it acts as a natural moisturizer. It is ideal for people with dry, flaky skin. It also prevents recurrence of pimples and acne. Besides skin care, the blue lotus flower also used in hair care products as a conditioner. Menstruation problems can also be solved with the help of the flower extracts. The silent killer diabetes and its complications like cardiovascular disorders can be kept under control with this sacred flower.

What are the Blue Lotus side effects?

Blue Lotus can have mild side effects that prove to be harmless for a majority of the people. However, when taken in large doses, it can lead to hot flashes and mild jittery feeling. It can also lead to hallucinations and hypnosis when taken in excess.

Side effects of the flower are related to its combination with other drugs. On combining it with illegal drugs such as cannabis or prescription painkillers, the individual experiences severe nausea or disorientation.

How to use Blue Lotus?

Blue Lotus can be used in several ways. People have been eating the plant to keep alive that tradition of Lotophagi was eating it in “The Odyssey.” In today’s world, people brew it into tea or add it to different cocktails, wines, and liquors. They boil the entire plant for around 20-30 minutes and then use it.

In addition to ingestion, it can also be smoked. However, make sure that you mix the petals and bulbs as the ingredients spread over both these components. You can even use it as an herbal combination to feel peaceful and euphoric.

5 grams is the starting dosage of the flower extract.

Is it legal to use?

As far as the United States is concerned, it is not a controlled substance. Nonetheless, it has not been accepted for consumption by humans. Though the cultivation, sale, and purchase are considered to be legal, it cannot be sold for consumption. Stores commonly sell incense and weaker teas but they should abide by the regulations. Louisiana is the only state in the entire country that has issued new laws about Nymphaea Caerulea, which are mainly passed to discourage human consumption.

While the flower is globally legal, Russia has banned its usage altogether. It has been done to prevent the scandals of synthetic marijuana.

User experience of Blue Lotus

I came across blue lotus flower for the first time on my trip to Thailand. I was very much fascinated by its medicinal value and the way the residents raved over it. A few years later, I lost my job, and because of that, I became socially aloof. I did not know what to do and severed all connections. I felt blue all the time and stayed upset in the four walls of my house.

Once while surfing the web, I came across an article on Blue Lotus flower and got reminded of the magical effects it has. I ordered the product and started using the petals in my tea. I felt relaxed, and a sense of euphoria took me over, after ingesting it. I reunited with my long lost friends and tried out the resin extract from the plant as suggested by one of them.

I occasionally smoked it in the proportion of 10:1 resin extract according to the customer reviews on drugforum and felt really awesome. I also started feeling good about myself and applied for interviews at several places. My hard work paid off, and today, I have a job. I owe a bit of my success to this wonder flower.

The customer reviews and information shared by them also proved to be extremely helpful to me. Thanks to blue lotus for all the therapy. I feel overwhelmed whenever I look at that beautiful blue flower.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Blue Lotus Benefits, Side-effects & How to Use?
Posted by: Tai ()
Date: June 17, 2017 02:31PM

Thanks for the post RHB.
The common name is confusing. It's a water lilly, not really a lotus.

It has such wide medicinal uses. Anyway, I never tried it but it's nice to know about it.

So many blue plant parts affect the eyes and brain.

Date: July 12, 2017 07:39AM

Blue Lotus (Nelumbo nucifera) and Blue Lily (Nymphaea spp.)

Exaggerating the Rare Scent of Blue Lotus Absolute Oil

In Ancient civilizations like the Egyptians, the Mayans, and the Indians, blue lotus was often considered sacred owing to its association with their Gods. Native to Asian subcontinent, blue lotus is botanically known as Nymphaea caerulea. It is a highly valued plant that symbolizes peace, purity, fertility and rebirth among the Hindus, the Buddhists and the Egyptians. The flowers of this sacred flower are widely demanded for extraction of its oil that has gained wide applications in aromatherapy and Medicare.

Extraction of Blue Lotus Absolute Oil

Blue lotus absolute oil is extracted from the leaves of blue lotus through solvent extraction method. Almost 100Kg flowers of blue lotus are needed for extraction of 1 kg of blue lotus essential oil. That’s why it is somewhat costlier than other essential oils.

Therapeutic Components and Nature of Blue Lotus Absolute Oil

Blue lotus essential oil contains rich amount of aporphine, apomorphine and nuciferine. The delicate yet powerful energy present in therapeutic components of blue lotus essential oil makes it to be cherished as a potent sedative, aphrodisiac, anti-inflammatory, intoxicant, agonist and antispasmodic agent.

Common Usages and Benefits of Blue Lotus Absolute Oil

Blue lotus absolute oil is one of the premium quality absolutes that have proven their value for money. This absolute oil helps to support internal chakras, especially the crown chakras. By doing do, it helps to provide various therapeutic benefits for a positive alignment with mind and body. Regular use of this absolute oil in life helps to assist in self-realization of oneself for exploring the higher truths of life. Many of aromatherapy centers and individuals are aware of its powerful benefits that get verified by its increasing demand in the market. You can read some of the common benefits of blue lotus absolute oil to avail the most of it. So, let the dice roll…

Spiritual Connectivity:

Blue lotus essential oil is ideal for using aroma diffuser or oil burner to spread its fragrance that helps to attain spirituality. The mystical aroma of blue lotus absolute oil has the ability to elevate consciousness and tantric massages for a relaxed feeling.

Stimulation of Love Desires:

As widely demanded oil in aromatherapy, blue lotus absolute oil is cherished for massage by diluting with carrier oil. A simple massage with this absolute oil helps to increase blood flow in the body. It helps to alleviate the problems associated with sexual complications.

Stress Relief:

Put a drop of blue lotus absolute oil in aroma diffuser or use it for a head massage by diluting in carrier oil. Both of these ways are ideal for alleviating problems of headache, migraine, nervousness and associated stressed conditions.

Other benefits:

When used in miniature quantity, blue lotus absolute oil helps for bringing in a calming, unifying and centering feel that lifts mood to clear tensed feelings. It also helps to open the heart and third eye for letting inner wisdom to shine.

How to Use Blue Lotus Absolute Oil
0.5-5% in dilution with carrier oil for massage
1-2 drops in bathtub for a sensual botanical bath
As a blending ingredient in perfumery
Burning with incense or oils
Inhaling aroma directly through bottle

The pleasing scent of blue lotus absolute oil is what you need to have a calming effect over your mind and body. So, have a bottle of this miraculous absolute oil in your side shelf. Enjoy the improving benefits of this absolute oil for a healthy state of your body

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2017 07:42AM by riverhousebill.

Date: July 12, 2017 08:06AM

IDENTIFICATION:

Nymphaea caerulea has light blue flowers. Other similar varieties have purple, pink, or white flowers. There is much mis-information regarding this species of plant, as well as the Nelumbo nucifera plant. There's a great article called Blue Lily / Blue Lotus Flowers at Shaman's Garden, which makes it vividly clear which plant is which. In short, the reason for the confusion, is that India doesn't have ANY of the plants that are generally accepted as being called "lotus" flowers; they have Nymphaea caerula, which is the "Sacred BLue Lily of the Nile" made famous in Egyptian culture, but they refer to it as "Blue Lotus", confusing spiritual explorers the world over.

• Nelumbo nucifera - Blue Lotus
• Nymphaea caerulea - Blue Lily (Sacred Blue Lily of the Nile)
• Nymphaea ampla - Mesoamerican White Lily (similar psychoactivity)
• Nymphaea rubra - Red Lotus

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables