Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

female question?
Posted by: MissEleanor ()
Date: January 23, 2007 05:47PM

PMS right before and around period time seems to be a commonly shared experience among women. And I have it to, pretty bad I guess, but NOTHING at all compared to what I get when I ovulate. My severe PMS is a cake walk compared to my 2-3 hours long ovulation episode. I am normally pretty chilled out, slow to anger, always try to see the positive in stuff, totally cool under stress. But right smack in the middle of my cycle, I will become venomously angry, and suicidally sad. It lasts no more than 2-3 hours, then I'm back, like Persephone from the underworld.

Does anyone else freak out during the luteal surge, or does everyone else in the world have the standard "appropriate" time PMS?

I was 80% raw for 5 months, 50% from Thanksgiving to the New Year, and have been 100% in 2007 and plan to stick with it. Has raw cleared up this kind of thing for anyone? How long does it take? I keep reading about people who have been raw a couple weeks and have these amazing curative experiences. I have had no such success.

And before you suggest green juices could someone please define this for me, and how to make it potable? I had a good one with apple juice in it, but I try to avoid too much fruit sugar as I am insulin resistant. So I eat mostly nuts, seeds, avocados, coconut butter, mushrooms, cacao, and yacon syrup. For some reason I just do not like the taste of fruit. It vibrates to high or something, too tart and tangy and light. If I am not hungry, and eat a piece of fruit, I will actually become hungry. I feel like I need weight to my food or I can't keep it down. Actually, I post what I eat every day on my site [www.powderbluedeath.com].

Whoa, guess I kind of got off topic there, but then again, maybe there's something I'm doing wrong that could help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: female question?
Posted by: MissEleanor ()
Date: January 23, 2007 05:59PM

Thinking about it further...

Aside from the acute episode, the whole rest of the month (which is never a neat two weeks, it always drags out to three or sometimes four, which is a sign of something wrong I'd say), I am more likely to pick fights with my husband, be annoyed by everything, point out the faults in everyone, tell people I never want to see them again, etc. And the first two weeks (which are always a perfect Swiss watch timed scant two weeks), I am the exact opposite, almost the point of being entirely numb to my feelings except for the occasional cacao induced euphoria. I read somewhere that in the later part of our cycle we are actually more in touch with our real feelings. I used to consider my later half personality a monster witch, I guess because my ego doesn't want to see my "actual" self that way. But could it be true? I feel like the movie "The Three Faces of Eve", I'm living the first two personalities of the movie, somewhere there's gotta be Eve 3, the real integrated one?

Re: female question?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 28, 2007 12:25PM

I have recently been having tremendous PMS (Paleo Diet) that is one reason I am searching for a new diet. Pain ranges from body aches to crawling out of my skin. . I am lethargic, suicidal and agressive. I ahve found relief with an indian herb ashwaganda root or extract. Good luck

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables