Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Question about skin moisterizers and Lanolin.
Posted by: mdelano123 ()
Date: January 27, 2007 02:07AM

Hey,

I'm wriing to ask about various options I may have as a raw foodist for skin moisterizers, what do others out there use, as well as shampoo and hair care products. Also I was curious about liquid Lanolin, what opinions do people have about it is it safe or potentially harmful like petrolium jelly.

thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Question about skin moisterizers and Lanolin.
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: January 31, 2007 10:51PM

Google mulesing. It's a horrible thing that they do to the rear end of the sheep. I'd not purchase lanolin because of it.

Petrolatum is a largely inert substance tolerated by more people than plant oils, which have compounds that can irritate many people when used topically. But if you want an alternative, use crisco, it is hydrogenated and basically nonreactive.

Posted by: thehulaqueen ()
Date: February 05, 2007 02:20PM

I would never use lanolin. The number of chemicals used on sheep are insane. And it's concentrated in the oils in the skin/wool. Never mind the vegetarian impact of it... for health reasons alone do not use it!!

Posted by: cy ()
Date: February 21, 2007 06:09AM

I had an awful reaction with petrolium jelly,just awful. It is terrible,and I don't advise using it.

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: March 07, 2007 03:24AM

a lot of people use coconut oil for moisturizer and to wash their face with. it works very nice.

I've also heard of people using lemon, sesami seeds, honey, rose water, avocado and baking soda for skin cleansing.

these "products" work surprisingly well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables