Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Do you brush your teeth hard?
Posted by: blue_sky ()
Date: January 29, 2007 01:11AM

Hi everyone,

I found that sometimes when I was brushing my teeth, my mouth starts to bleed inside. Maybe that's because I was brushing with too much strength. Does this happen to you?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you brush your teeth hard?
Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: January 29, 2007 08:45PM

Hi blue_sky!

I had problems like this for years. My dentist used to accuse me of not flossing, but I did - he never believed me! Then I started taking something my homeopath recommended for a completely unrelated health issue.

Within two weeks, my gums were so healthy - my dentist was and still is amazed. The product I started taking was something called Cellfood. I buy it at my local health food store, but I believe it can also be purchased over the internet. You put a few drops of it into some water or juice and drink it - I use about 15 drops per day, although I used quite a bit more at first.

I have tried to stop taking it a few times, but my gums get bad again when I do that. But, I am hoping that once I have been able to be raw long enough, maybe I won't need it any more. I don't know what I was missing, but that seems to help.

Good luck, and be sure to post back when you see any improvements!

Sapphire

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: February 01, 2007 11:49AM

I am not sure if you are brushing your teeth too hard but you are not supposed to brush hard as it erodes the gums.

Posted by: Suzie ()
Date: February 01, 2007 12:16PM

That sounds like Gingivitis to me -- here's a link that explains it:

[en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: February 03, 2007 02:45PM

Sapphire, what is Cellfood for? Why does it have positive affects in your mouth?

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: February 03, 2007 07:15PM

Cellfood - I don't know exactly what it does, but it was first suggested to me right after I was diagnosed with cancer. I think that it was probably the first thing to come to mind because there is a belief in the connection between not being oxygenated enough and cancer. There are other oxygen products, but this one also contains a bunch of other stuff - amino acids, minerals, enzymes and so on.

I started on this just a few weeks before my chemotherapy started. I don't know if it made any difference, but I do know that my surgical scars healed amazingly quickly, the oncologist was quite surprised. Whether this was from the cellfood, I am not sure.

Have a look at the website - it probably explains the product better than I can (here is one website - there are several). [cellfood.contactplus.com]

I suspect that something in my body chemistry was out of whack. (and for several years) But I have no idea what. Cellfood put it back in balance. I don't know why, but it seems to work for me. I was extremely under-nourished as a child (my parents had addiction problems, and kind of forgot about some things), so maybe it's something that has been wrong all my life. It kind of makes sense to me that the health of your mouth is a pretty good reflection of your health in general, so glad to know mine is looking so much better.

If you do decide to try it, I'd love to hear if it has made any difference for you. It's kind of expensive, I spend about $40 Canadian dollars a month for it.

Good luck!
Sapphire

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables