Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Baby Aspirin... a friend thinks it's all she needs...
Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: February 25, 2007 11:33PM

My friend thinks that all this raw stuff is bolognie, and all someone has to do is take baby aspirin, and they can eat what ever they want, and they won't get heart disease.

She is an RN, so she is thinks this is gold standard health advise.

I think this is bull! What do you think?

Re: Baby Aspirin... a friend thinks it's all she needs...
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: February 26, 2007 12:31AM

Agreed. Our poor health professionals. They know a lot, but it's really too bad there's so much they DON'T know.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 26, 2007 02:37AM

If she really believes that....then more power to her! Ha! ha! She just might need it! winking smiley

-David Z. Mason

Date: February 26, 2007 03:11AM

It's a pretty sad belief system. I'd rather use food as my medicine.

If anyone knows of a link or info that are anti aspirin, I would appreciate it.

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 26, 2007 04:04AM

well-i was taking these garlic tablets thinking it would erase my cholesterol and then i ate whatever and my cholesterol was worse than ever.so i sure pray for your friend to not deceive herself.hugs and good luck on helping her.taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Posted by: KathyT ()
Date: February 26, 2007 08:36AM

Yeah, I was taking baby aspirin as well... but I had 3 TIAs (mini strokes) and a heart attack, and I'm only 53.

Tell your friend that the only one that will really help is the pharmesuetical company that makes the baby aspirin. Because they have found that baby aspirin can help, but it's a hit or miss thing, it helps some, not others.

However, making lifestyle changes... eating healthy, heck we've been told since kindergarten that it will make a difference.

Most of the time, the right diet will do much more to prevent strokes and heart attack than bottles of baby aspirin.

Of course, an aspirin a day adds up for those pharmesuetical companies. They won't make a dime from all the veggies we eat.

No wonder they're trying to convince people to just take an aspirin.

And who do you think sponsors the medical schools where doctors and nurses get their education? Pharmesuetical companies. They're so busy brainwashing the doctors and nurses into believing in chemicals because those companies have a vested interest in us being sick. The sicker we are, the more money they make. You can freaking bet they don't want us well!

KathyT

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: February 26, 2007 08:53AM

If you become a super happy super helpful super genius, there will be no denying you smiling smiley

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 26, 2007 12:15PM

well-doctoring is the study of medicine.and i do believe those 81 mg. aspirin do help but i think she needs to do other things if she is not healthy.ThomasLatern-u are probably very correct in what u say but u are also very funny.i am still chuckling at your reasoning. very true.taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Date: February 26, 2007 08:43PM

Does anyone here still take aspirin everyday?

Posted by: tristani ()
Date: February 26, 2007 09:36PM

personally, i hate taking any kind of medication. i try not to take it unless absolutely neccassary. but to each their own. whatever makes you feel better i suppose. i like to think the right types of food can be the best way to make you feel better but it doesn't always work right away. i guess we have to be patient. i don't know, i think i'm just rambling on. haha

Date: February 26, 2007 10:37PM

I was trying to find proof that just aspirin alone will not work. Possibly someone who had heart problems, even inspite of them taking aspirin everyday.

Guess I'll have to Google it! hah!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables