Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Smoking Mercury on You Tube?!
Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: March 02, 2007 05:25PM

HIYA!
I've seen several links to You Tube on this forum lately. While researching amalgam fillings I came across this. Why not share it with the group?

[www.iaomt.org]

Watching that thing smoke, it's a bit hard for me to believe that this sort of thing is happening. If it is though, well, I've got 12 amalgam fillings. But some are real small.

Anyway, have a gander.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Smoking Mercury on You Tube?!
Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: March 02, 2007 06:25PM

Oh Poor monkeys that had fillings in so they could test on. That is crazy., I have mercury fillings.

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: March 02, 2007 06:48PM

Troy,

Thanks for posting that. It's a great video and a great site.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: March 02, 2007 06:50PM

I'm glad mine are all gone. I'm wondering though..if the video shows body heat coming thru the metal filling? It doesn't seem very scientificly done..does it? I think he should be holding it in something benign.

How about taking mercury from a thermometer and seeing if that gives off a vapor. I would suggest putting it in something other than your hand though...hahahaha..maybe a shallow ceramic dish.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: March 02, 2007 07:02PM

Mine are all gone, too, and I'm happy they're out.

I don't know where to find them but I have seen studies done on mercury vapor from filled teeth that were consistent with what was reported in the video. Those images were sure hard to believe, though --- it seems you'd be able to see and taste the mercury if it off-gassed so dramatically.

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: March 02, 2007 07:52PM

I need to have mine removed, but I read that you can have bad side effects just from the removal. Can anyone tell me if they experienced this when they had them removed. Thank you!

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: March 02, 2007 09:03PM

Hi Rawrrr - I have had most of mine out, all but one. We didn't do them all at once, and I didn't notice feeling any worse for having it done, but then who can really say. The best thing would probably be to do as much research as you can, and talk to your dentist about it.

This video is absolutely frightening! I wonder how accurate it is, what scary images! Something to really think about!

Sapphire

Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: March 03, 2007 01:05AM

Prism - "I'm wondering though..if the video shows body heat coming thru the metal filling? It doesn't seem very scientificly done."

How could it be body heat? The tooth is being held in a person's hand. I agree it seems somewhat cheap, designed perhaps with a shock factor in mind. But if this is true, then maybe shock is what will wake a few people up.

Greenie - "it seems you'd be able to see and taste the mercury if it off-gassed so dramatically."

I think the reason we can see the vapor is that there is the green tint.

Rawrrr! "I need to have mine removed, but I read that you can have bad side effects just from the removal. Can anyone tell me if they experienced this when they had them removed. Thank you!"

I intend to have all mine removed. I've got 12. I've read that it is dangerous, very much so, to have them removed. But there are dentists who follow procedures to reduce the danger. Rubber dams, and suction and other things. A dentist named Hal Huggins has a protocol that he follows. But most dentists don't follow this protocol, for sure. And I'm a bit skeptical of this guy. I don't have a good feeling after reading some of his website.

The people that made that video also has a website (everyone has a website these days! And it's a good thing, in some aspects) where they suggest various things the dentist can do to minimize the danger to the patient and the dentist and dental assistant.

I've read that some people have had dramatic affects from having their amalgams removed. Most people, or so I've read, have had little or no positive changes. Of course, like every other health challenge, there are all these things that are supposedly the consequence of having amalgam fillings. I can see several of them in my own life. Are any or all of them due to amalgam fillings? Who can say.

I'll have my first amalgam removed this week or next week. I'll write about how it afterwards.

Troy.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: March 03, 2007 01:35AM

I certainly had some of the worse offenders..broken off mercury fillings. I'm of the mind that mercury isn't good for a body, and as those fillings also age, they probably are even worse. Broken fillings being the worse offenders.

My dentist used excellent suction while drilling, and geez..people get this stuff packed into their teeth in the first place..so drilling it out can't be as bad as new mercury fillings or having them in your mouth for years. I'd say..get them out no matter what.

I'll keep an eye out for any effects bad or good I have over the next year with all new composite fillings.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: March 03, 2007 03:17AM

EXCELENT link!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables