Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Dentist
Posted by: RawSun ()
Date: March 21, 2007 12:01AM

I just went to the dentist for the first time in 5 years... and have 10 cavities.
Also I was questioned by the dentist (a new one, as I've moved) as to why I have white fillings and not all silver... I said because they are healthier and she said that is not true, both are unhealthy and that the white one's don't last as long and the list of chemicals they contain that leak out is very extensive. Now she wants me to go back in 4 seperate appointments to have my cavities filled (some are old that need repairs).

Any advice on white verses silver would be appreciated. I'm not even sure if she will do white, she seemed pretty disgusted in my having them.

Also any advice on being frozen while getting fillings...

I have been 100% raw for very nearly a year, with no slip ups, no medications, nothing!!! I am scarred if my body will have a negative reaction to the freezing.

Reason why I didn't go to the dentist for so long is I was a student AND didn't have health care coverage and now I do through work.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dentist
Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: March 21, 2007 12:18AM

I am curious how many other raw foodies have teeth issues?

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: March 21, 2007 12:59AM

RawSun your cavities hurt even when you're 100% raw? I thought 100% raw was supposed to alleviate cavities... hmmm... really they hurt? Or did your doctor just find cavities and they're not actually bothering you?

Mine seem to be gone now... it's been 4 or 5 months... zeolite NCD, that's what worked for me. That and rinsing with sea saltwater (I was doing saltwater rinses prior to discovering zeolite).

Date: March 21, 2007 01:01AM

What is Zeolite NCD? Where do you buy it from?

My cavities don't hurt, except for when the dentist was scraping my teeth. One tooth apparently has 3 fillings already one of which is about to fall off and that tooth apparently has a hole in it.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: March 21, 2007 01:33AM

what the hell is freezing? whos your dentist Dr. Doom?

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: March 21, 2007 01:34AM

id ask her for the list of chemicals/proof of what she says before you let her replace them all...

Posted by: Connie Boo ()
Date: March 21, 2007 01:37AM

Raw Sun

Could you tell us what you are typically eating on your raw diet?

Date: March 21, 2007 01:44AM

zeolite is sold some weird way so usually you can only find it on the internet; it's not sold in stores. I found a Japanese lady nearby whom I can just pick it up from, though. Before that I was ordering it from www.livesuperfoods.com- nice guy, great customer service - he's on the west coast though and I'm on the east coast.

There's also a great website on the entire issue of cavities, I think the guy who wrote it is a raw foodist, that's where I found the sea saltwater rinse therapy. I can't post links unfortunately but I do know you can find the link in another thread on dental from about 2 months ago.

Date: March 21, 2007 01:47AM

Freezing is when they give you a needle so that you can't feel it when they work on giving you the filling... standard practice in Canada.

That is a good idea Jgunn.

I am trying to eat 80/10/10... have had dehydrated and some dried fruit while transitioning.

Prior to going raw 10 months ago I was vegan for several years... but not a healthy vegan I ate plenty of sugar.

Posted by: KelBel ()
Date: March 21, 2007 01:56AM

I have always had a problem with cavities, or so I've been told. Ever since I was 8 I would go to the dentist and was told I had to be drilled. It didn't matter how many times a day I brushed and flossed. None of them ever bothered me but the dentist said they had to be taken care of. I have nightmares about that drill now.

At the age of 18 and 12 fillings later, I was told that I would need an additional 6 cavities filled. ONLY IF THEY COULD CATCH ME! I'm now 26 and still have not had those cavities filled. They don't bother me and they've stayed the same size. Unless they start hurting I'm not getting them filled either!

KelBel

Date: March 21, 2007 02:05AM

Sunshine79, thank you for the info. I found the Zeolite on the website you mentioned. How do you use it, do you water it down and rinse or apply directly to teeth, or what? I also found the other thread and the website www.mizar5.com on letting teeth heal themselves... I am going to read it right away.

KelBel, thanks for sharing your story! Maybe I should follow your lead.

For all of you new raw folk worried my cavities are from raw, I think I had them long before going raw, a couple of them bothered me prior to and when I first went raw. Like I said I used to eat a lot of sugar, and candy and processed food, and soy, I'd eat anything so long as it was vegan.

Date: March 21, 2007 02:22AM

you mean local anesthetic? haha I was picturing one weeirrd dentist room that was frozen and had a talking robot

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: March 21, 2007 02:33AM

I sell zeolite. You can email me off-list about it if you like. It's sold through a multilevel company and I'm in the organization with Gabriel Cousens and Mike Snyder. I hate multilevel but I really like the product and have had excellent health benefits from it.

About the dentist: Find another one. Don't go to someone who is still using silver, it's 50% mercury. Yes, she's right the silver fillings last longer, but they are very toxic. Find a biological or natural dentist. Here's one site that may help:[www.holisticdentalnetwork.com]. Or get in touch with DAMS (Dentists Against Mercury Syndrome):
DAMS Inc.
1079 Summit Avenue
Saint Paul, MN 55105
1-800-311-6265

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: March 21, 2007 02:48AM

just out of curiosity, what is zeolite made out of?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2007 02:49AM by ILoveJen.

Date: March 21, 2007 03:12AM

Zeolite is a naturally occuring mineral formed when lava meets seawater. It has a honey-comb structure that traps toxins, heavy metals, and impurities.

Zeolite has a long history of animal and industrial use for this type of detox. The company that sells it claims they have 'activated' it to remove any naturally occuring toxins. It also helps alkalinize the body.

I don't know how much of this is hype, but I do know I've had remarkable benefits from it, as have my friends. I have much more energy and a normal temperature for the first time in my life; and some glandular and hormonal irregularies I've had forever have been eliminated. Like I said, I hate multilevel, but this stuff works.

Here's some more info:
[www.zeoliteinfo.com]

and where to order:

[tinyurl.com]

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: March 21, 2007 06:32AM

omg that is such BS Mercury fillings ( metal ) are toxic.

Watch this filling getting rubbed and how it smokes poison

[www.iaomt.org]

Pretty scary huh, I have metal fillings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2007 06:32AM by coconutcream.

Date: March 21, 2007 06:33AM

BTW cavities begin from the iNSIDE. I never knew that until this year.

Posted by: ella ()
Date: March 21, 2007 12:57PM

i would definitely stay away from mercury. i had some put in during my childhood/teenage years- i wish i knew. i would have fought and kicked like it was murder.

now i chew on greens and drink lots of green smoothies- my teeth are very strong- (and white!) i just want to get these old mercury fillings out one day. such bull!

please find a holistic dentist. i think i will just to get my old crappy fillings removed safely as possible. great link greenie!

for the zeolite do you actually put it on your teeth or just take it internally?

photos

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: March 21, 2007 01:23PM

I now have all white plastic amalgam fillings, I doubt if they're perfectly safe either but when I had my silver fillings removed the dentist wrapped a rubber "dam" around each tooth to keep as much of the mercury from getting in me as possible.

My current dentist told me the mercury in tooth fillings is "inert" and can't hurt me. Small comfort after seeing that video of vapours coming off the 25 year old tooth. My dentist didn't seem too keen on the plastic either cause they don't last as long. Maybe by the time I have to get them changed they'll have better options.

Removing them was a recommendation from an holistic doctor who followed Hulda Clarke protocols for cancer prevention.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2007 01:24PM by Dulset.

Date: March 21, 2007 02:56PM

I felt a lot better once I had my silver/mercury fillings removed. They are NOT safe. The office staff at the holistic dentist I went to said some of their patients were in wheelchairs when they started the removal process and were able to walk after they were finished. (Some people did not notice any change, though.)

The same dentists that say amalgam is safe have a toxic waste bin in their treatment room in which they must dispose of the amalgam. Mercury is a major toxin. If a stream or land is polluted with mercury, it is treated as a toxic waste dump and cordoned off. Yet due to lobbying, dentists are able to put that stuff in your mouth. It's a crime.

I'm sure the plastics and composites they put in your mouth have some toxicity, too, but not nearly as bad as the silver/mercury. Don't let her do that to you.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 21, 2007 03:03PM

great video suvine

thanks

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: March 21, 2007 03:15PM

I've never herad of the raw food diet alleviating cavities unless one ate massive quantities of sugar before they went raw. It's quite common for people transitioning to complain of cavities cropping up.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: March 21, 2007 06:13PM

Of course dentists will tell you its harmless because its their business to be trustworthy, to you.

Doctors are the least vaccinated of all people and dentists themselves stopped using metal fillings.

Date: March 21, 2007 06:16PM

yep, just like smart drug dealers

Date: March 22, 2007 12:03AM

I've used zeolite both ways- the regular way as well as a drop directly on the tooth. Either way seems to work.

Date: March 22, 2007 01:34AM

If you have silver fillings in your teeth, the best way to take the zeolite is to put the drops in a glass of water, take a large sip of water, swish it about in your mouth for a good while and then spit it out. This (hopefully) will get rid of the free mercury in your mouth for the time being.

Then drink the rest of the water without swishing it in your mouth.

Posted by: uma ()
Date: March 22, 2007 03:30AM

I remember hearing that Victora Boutenko's son? healed some cavities when he went raw.

Love,
Uma

Posted by: Connie Boo ()
Date: March 22, 2007 03:03PM

What is the difference between NCD zeolite and the zeolite in the gardening center that they use to get the bad stuff out of the soil?

Ella, Did the greens whiten your teeth or were they white before?

Date: March 22, 2007 03:12PM

Connie Boo,

According to the manufacturer, NCD zeolite has been activated or purified to get rid of some naturally occurring toxins. I don't know if this is true or not, I haven't tried other zeolites, I've just used the NCD and had excellent results.

Date: March 23, 2007 12:50PM

A friend sent this to me today:

FDA "Backs Down(?)" Over Deadly Mercury Amalgams...

Monday, March 19th, 2007 - One of the biggest scandals in American health
care is coming to a head this March 27th, 2007.

In the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia, a case,
called "Moms Against Mercury, et al., v. FDA" will get its time in the
sunlight, and the Defendant, the United States Food & Drug Administration
(FDA) isn't doing well in its Defense.

The case is simple. US Citizens are suing the FDA for NOT, during the last
THIRTY YEARS, ruling on the safety, or danger, of mercury amalgam tooth
fillings. The Plaintiffs want mercury amalgam tooth fillings banned
completely, and forever.

And, the FDA has virtually no defense...

To read the entire article, and access the interesting links, click on the
URL below:

http:/www.bolenreport.net

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables