Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

FDA "Backs Down(?)" Over Deadly Mercury Amalgams...
Posted by: greenie ()
Date: March 23, 2007 12:48PM

This is off-topic for this forum and will probably be moved, but it is so important I wanted to make sure everyone sees it. This is very good news.

FDA "Backs Down(?)" Over Deadly Mercury Amalgams...

Monday, March 19th, 2007 - One of the biggest scandals in American health
care is coming to a head this March 27th, 2007.

In the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia, a case,
called "Moms Against Mercury, et al., v. FDA" will get its time in the
sunlight, and the Defendant, the United States Food & Drug Administration
(FDA) isn't doing well in its Defense.

The case is simple. US Citizens are suing the FDA for NOT, during the last
THIRTY YEARS, ruling on the safety, or danger, of mercury amalgam tooth
fillings. The Plaintiffs want mercury amalgam tooth fillings banned
completely, and forever.

And, the FDA has virtually no defense...

To read the entire article, and access the interesting links, click on the
URL below:

http:/www.bolenreport.net

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FDA "Backs Down(?)" Over Deadly Mercury Amalgams...
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 23, 2007 01:21PM

excellent
thanks for posting

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: March 23, 2007 01:36PM

Great news. Thanks.

Posted by: jono ()
Date: March 23, 2007 10:26PM

I have metal fillings but how do I know if there's mercury in them?

Date: March 24, 2007 01:38PM

If they are 'silver' fillings, they contain approximately 50% mercury.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 24, 2007 01:49PM

jono

if the color is silver
its probably mercury
the silver "amalgams" contain 50% mercury

Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: March 24, 2007 06:13PM

I'm gradually having all my amalgams removed because I suppose it's better to not have them in my body.

One dentist, Hal Huggins (I heard an interesting interview with him on rawveganradio), says that even the alternatives can be dangerous. He says that we should get our blood tested to see which we can tolerate before having the amalgams replaced. He also says that just having the dentist put the rubber dam in our mouth and a mask over our nose isn't nearly enough. I don't know what all he advocates.

I go to a dentist who won't do anything at all. No dam, no mask, no nothing. I've had several removed and have to say that before, during, and after each visit, I feel the same. Maybe the disaster is yet to strike.

I want to add that I've read more than once (on several alternative and neutral? sites) that some people see no improvements in their health after having the amalgams replaced. Maybe they're having their amalgams replaced with some material that is not good for them either. I forget if Huggins says 40% or 60% of the alternative materials are harmful for any one person. What's harmful to one isn't harmful to another, hence the blood test to determine.

I'm not 100% certain that the danger is all it's cracked up to be. But I do feel it's probably better to have them out. I mean, if mercury is so bad for me, why don't I feel absolutely horrible? I had 12 amalgam fillings for decades until very recently. I have 4 or 5 left. I just don't know. I just don't know ....

I probably come off as pretty wishy washy in this post. Well, I am uncertain. It's just that I'm convinced enough to have them replaced. And I'm in a situation where for the first time ever, I can afford to have them replaced. So, this is the time.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Date: March 24, 2007 09:31PM

The dentist I used had been a holistic dentist for ~15 years when I saw him. Pragmatic guy - he said many of his patients saws dramatic differences (cessation of MS symptoms, more energy, etc.) but than many saw no benefit at all. He did not advocate wholesale removing of amalgam.

He also had me test for materials. There's a lab, you send your blood and they send back a list of materials that are good, and materials that are bad.

My dentist used a rubber dam but no breathing mask. Also, we did a huge amount of dental work at once. This was in large part at my request since I lived a distance from his practice and I tried to fit in as much as possible each visit to cut down on the travel. But this meant several marathon visits in the dentist's chair up to 6 hours at a time, sometimes with 3 quadrants of my mouth numbed. It did a number on me and screwed up my bite for a good while. I would not do it that way again, and feel it was irresponsible medicine on his part to do that.

I did not complete the herbal detox protocol he gave me, and that was a mistake. I've been taking the NCD Zeolite for the past few months and I feel that is finally putting most things right chemically.

In spite of the tests for proper materials, my sense is that the plastic in the composite fillings is also toxic. Less than the amalgam for sure, but still not great. It's unfortunate that the dental work no matter how 'well' it's done is still a major injury and assault on the body.

Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: March 25, 2007 01:10AM

Thanks greenie for your post. The major injury and assault, as I see it, is my eating behavior. I'm glad that there was much more injury and assault in the past than in the present. I do agree that there is major injury and assault though being done while sitting in the dentist chair. Here I'm just taking written responsibility for my actions, that's all.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables