Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!
 

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: mucoid plaque...
Posted by: Frannie ()
Date: April 12, 2007 02:38PM

Whenever I do a fast, like a waterfast (so just water going in) and I give myself an enema with distilled water (again, just water going in) I'm releasing mucous. Strings and flakes of it. I've touched it (sorry to be so graphic) to make sure that's what it is. I've been eating raw for four and a half years and this mucoid stuff is still coming out. Just my experience.

Love, francis

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mucoid plaque...
Posted by: annie27 ()
Date: April 12, 2007 04:28PM

Its supposed to be in both small and large intestines, I think.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mucoid plaque...
Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: April 12, 2007 07:40PM

well thats good annie27 :]], idk kno if im gunna do ejuva now tho

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mucoid plaque...
Posted by: anaken ()
Date: April 12, 2007 08:04PM

my experience:

I have not consumed any cleansing product ever, I have not consumed anything even Hygienically toxic (garlic, salt, spices, etc... in some time) I practice every aspect of healthful living I can, spent almost 4 months recently getting as much rest as I desired, and exercise sometimes up to 2 hours a day, shuffling between body-weight and the gym.

I eat a low fat raw vegan whole foods mostly mono-fruit diet with a large amount of fiberous greens daily. my elimination is flawless, I gave up siting for squatting awhile back and a few feet drop daily, effortlessly in seconds.

even so, every so often If I get symptomatic in any unexplained way, I make sure to check in and do colon hydrotherapy, and sure enough black ancient hard matter flys out of my system every time..after all the ancient gaseous waste. you can see it in a clear tube. the massage really makes things happen. my treatments last sometimes twice as long then on average and are super intense, perhaps because of my 'light' diet of fruits. it is probably true that many people involved in hydrotherapy use it as an excuse to eat crap, or at least less 'optimal' diets.

now as for muccoid plaque I don't know enough to comment yay or nay. I do know that its a misconception that the purpose of getting colonics is to remove all the stored waste in the colon from years of poor eating. it is about dealing with the waste building up in your cells stirred up from eating a clean diet . since what we were brought up eating, and what are genetics are built on is not natural, the body it turns out, isn't all that efficient as removing these cellular toxins on its own (although I would never dispute someone having success without doing such practices). An interesting note on that however is sometimes people on the purely hygienic approach, who after 10 years, 15 years, have started to not feel so hot, some even start integrating things like raw meat, now bear with me, the only reason i'm bringing this up is they are able to do this without getting extremely ill. why? because they have never truly cleansed. (which is why they felt not so hot in the first place)

its the juicing/colonics fellows who eat the meat and then drop dead instantly. make your own decision around that one.

theres even a recent post by Graham on vegsource about eating raw fish. basically his opinion (other than ethical ones which he DOES list ) is that it is a simply a less then optimal and unnecessary food!

" If you are truly talking 1%, meaning that you might eat fish once
or twice per year, the detrimental effect won't be so big, but
neither would the "variety and other benefits" you mention."


heressome more specific info from another young guy with some decent tidbits

"Our bodies are comprised of millions of cells. These cells have been forced to inflate and expand in size to accommodate all the waste stored in our bodies from years of poor eating. The waste is stored as gaseous carbonic acid. Once the harmful foods have been eliminated completely from your diet, the body doesn't have to work on those processed ingredients anymore and immediately starts improving your cellular chemistry. Your oversized cells contract, shrink, and they begin to pour out that gaseous waste. This 'outpour' detox can be very uncomfortable. People get sick, feel ill or moody, and go through intense cravings for foods they used to eat. Usually we blame the diet, become convinced it's not working and start suspecting it could even be dangerous, and then we either quit or cheat.

There have been many cases of big-bellied people eating a Standard American Diet for many decades. Some tried the 100% Raw Food diet. At first, the results are fantastic. They lose 50 pounds and have incredible energy. As time goes by and the detox goes deeper, these same individuals lose energy, don't feel well, get a runny nose, and their face starts to look older. They are bathing in their waste, even if the bowels are emptying three times a day. They need colon hydrotherapy to keep up with all that is being excreted by the cells. If they are not able to do colon hydrotherapy, I would highly suggest they get off the CLEANSING 100% Raw Food diet.

Colonics remove the solid waste from our colon, but that is not the main objective. Many colon machines have a viewing window where you can look at what is coming out of your colon during the session. In addition to solid waste, you can also see many tiny bubbles leaving the body. The bubbles are that carbonic acid gaseous waste! That is what we are most interested in getting rid of. There have been many examples of people's rings falling off their fingers during a colonic. Why does this happen? Our fingers are comprised of thousands of cells. That solid matter, our finger, is a puzzle piece of cells. Remember, our cells have expanded and become bigger to accommodate that carbonic acid gaseous waste. When these clogged people did a colonic, they 'unclogged the sink' and that gaseous waste was free to leave their cells. This release of carbonic acid allowed the cells to shrink and become smaller, which shrunk their fingers, causing the rings to fall off. They deflated! You can sometimes see when people are kind of inflated and need to get this done."

from Matt Monarch's blog How to go Raw

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mucoid plaque...
Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: April 12, 2007 08:55PM

yeshhh!!!! i friggin knew it was there thankyou guys!!!!! o crap 4 yeaars lovely
well can neone recommend a cleanse 4 it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mucoid plaque...
Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: April 12, 2007 09:00PM

thankyou anaken ok so where do you suggest i get a colenema board bc i looked everywhere and i cant find one, im getting one tho as soon as i get the money

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mucoid plaque...
Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: April 12, 2007 09:08PM

Connie Boo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I read something Doug Graham said about this. The
> following is a reply by a chiropractor,
>
>
> [www.doctorgraham.cc], so I'm not using him
> as an authority, just throwing it in to prove that
> even some chiropractors can be logical!
>
> From: Dr. Doug Graham (DrGraham.vegsource.com)
> Subject: Re: Question For Dr Doug/cleansing
> Date: March 19, 2001 at 2:37 pm PST
>
> In Reply to: Question For Dr Doug/cleansing posted
> by anon on March 18, 2001 at 3:09 pm:
>
> If you have any abdominal, digestive, intestinal
> or colon problems, DO NOT take any cleanses. This
> can and very likely will aggravate your problem.
> Irritants, stimulants, and other toxic methods of
> 'cleansing' only line the pockets of the people
> who sell them to you. Why would you want to clean
> out all that is good in your intestines just to
> possibly eliminate that which is not good? The
> lining of your intestine is made of the same cells
> as the lining of your mouth. Do you see the food
> you have eaten for the last few years building up
> on the inside lining of your mouth? The whole
> concept is silly. Eat raw and live healthfully and
> your insides will know exactly what to do.
> Dr. Doug
>
>
> ****************************
>
> From: Dr. Doug Graham (DrGraham.vegsource.com)
> Subject: Re: If the whole concept is Silly, How do
> you explain this?
> Date: March 20, 2001 at 2:45 pm PST
>
> In Reply to: If the whole concept is Silly, How do
> you explain this?
> posted by jaybee on March 20, 2001 at 8:31 am:
>
> The lining of the colon is of the same material as
> the lining of the mouth and the anus. You don't
> see a buildup of material on the lining of the
> mouth or of the anus, do you? Sure, people have
> waste material in their colon. It is on its way
> out of the body, and the colon is the route it
> must take. Teaching people that they don't have to
> eat raw to have a healthy colon, that all they
> have to do is take a cleanse of some sort
> encourages them to continue eating unhealthfully.
> I have spoken with several colon surgeons all of
> whom refute the info that was mentioned above.
> They say that when they cut into the sickest of
> colons there is no build up on the inside walls. A
> simple understanding of anatomy will make it clear
> that this buildup cannot occur as the inside
> lining of the colon is sloughed off literally
> every day. What would the debris hold on to when
> the mucus membrane comes off? The waste material
> must continue on 'down the chute'. Is there
> outpocketing in an unhealthy colon? Very likely.
> Do they twist and otherwise change shape and size?
> Certainly. Will cleanses remove the cause(s) of
> these problems? No way. There is no substitute for
> healthful living,
> Dr. D


Wow, this is a great thread and Dr. Graham makes a lot of sense with this astonishing comment. I have always been freaked out about if whether or not I have stuff from childhood stuck on my intestines. I can see how this theory can line the pockets of the people who sell the products to purge them.

Thanks for starting this topic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mucoid plaque...
Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: April 12, 2007 09:13PM

Wow, anaken, thanks for the AWESOME post! that was really fascinating & informative to read. yey!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mucoid plaque...
Posted by: anaken ()
Date: April 12, 2007 09:17PM

someone here said, and I agree, that external cleansing isn't a pre-requisite for a begining a more healthful diet. I do I think its important to be mindful of strange symptoms, and to not be sold completly on an idea that the body will take care of everything on its own. personally I would choose to drop money on a proper cleanse with an expert then going solo on a piece of equipment that is also kinda expensive, but people have luck with those i hear.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mucoid plaque...
Posted by: miaculpa ()
Date: April 13, 2007 12:12AM

I think mucoid plaque exists. I've done MANY MANY master cleases and used nothing but salt water to flush and have SEEN these ropes. I wasn't putting any other concoction in it, so it had to come from somewhere and looked JUST LIKE THE PHOTOS.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mucoid plaque...
Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: April 13, 2007 01:30AM

If mucoid plaque exists, I would like to see a photo of it INSIDE either alive or dead colon. Otherwise, I have no opinion.

Gosia



raw food by rawgosia

my raw food video recipes

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mucoid plaque...
Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: April 13, 2007 10:55PM

Well... is it possible that the mucus is not actually a lining, per se, but something that the cells contain? What is the science of mucus, anyway? In lungs, for instance? Is it in the cells or in the lining... does anyone know the standard nuts & bolts biology explanation? actually I'm starting to remember something... cystic fibrosis is a mucus disorder... something awry with the sodium/chloride pathway... help...

and in fact, the colon, like the lungs and the eyes, IS considered a mucus membrane. So there could be something to this mucoid plaque business, since those organs produce mucus in order to protect from toxins... I just wonder, could it actually harden & stay there, or is it excreted pretty efficiently?



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2007 11:01PM by sunshine79.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mucoid plaque...
Posted by: greenie ()
Date: April 13, 2007 11:30PM

See my post earlier in this thread about my nurse friend who worked in the Operating Room and giving colonscopies for decades and saw only healthy pink tissue on the inside of the colon (unless there was disease). Even with disease, she never saw anything like mucoid plaque.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mucoid plaque...
Posted by: lemoned ()
Date: April 14, 2007 01:07AM

Wow, interesting how many theories there are. It's almost going to make me think "it exists if you believe in it, it doesn't if you don't".

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mucoid plaque...
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 14, 2007 01:41PM

I dont think mucoid plaque comes out with just raw foods if at all. It has to be cleaned out with herbs etc. Cooked and artificial foods are not natural and clog up the intestines. So we have to do what it takes to get it back out.

elnatural_1

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mucoid plaque...
Posted by: anaken ()
Date: April 14, 2007 02:06PM

its funny that people who are convinced of the idea that their body will solve all their problems are the ones who insist on scientific proof from medical experts.


greenie: if you read what I wrote, you might learn that the cleansing isn't about scraping your insides. Ask your nurse friend what happens on a cellular level when your body experiences a cleansing diet after a lifetime on/ and genetic inheritance of junk. Ask him/her what happens after many years on said diet. i'm sure he/she has tons of knowledge on the subject, since that is a staple of nursing education right?

Lemoned , I don't think there are many theories at all.

As I see it there are three.

there are those who are doing various cleanses (some of them harmful IMO) and seeing results.

there are those who arn't doing cleanses, they think what people are witnessing from the cleanses is a direct result from the cleanses (in many instences I agree).

then there are those who are not consuming harmful products,that live healthfully, who are doing cleanses - lets say the enema after a water fast example - and seeing results. now unless you believe the enema that that person did at that very moment created some kind of foreign object, I don't see how you can sensibly have an opinion that this has something to do with a system of belief.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mucoid plaque...
Posted by: greenie ()
Date: April 14, 2007 04:39PM

Anaken,

Thanks for the comment about reading what you wrote. Ironically, if you actually read what I wrote, you would see that I was not commenting on the value of diet or cleansing, just on the notion of whether or not 'mucoid plaque' exists. In my opinion it does not. The so-called mucoid plaque is the buildup of psyllium and cleansing products that bulk up in the colon during some peoples' cleanse.

Contrary to your sarcastic assumuption, my nursing friend actually does have a lot of knowledge about cleanses and such, none of which she learned or applied in her nursing career. However, as an RN in the operating room and while performing colonoscopies, she has seen many hundreds of actual colons in living people, 99%+ of whom had a lifetime on the worst of SAD diets. And no mucoid plaque, ever, just healthy pink mucous membranes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mucoid plaque...
Posted by: anaken ()
Date: April 14, 2007 05:56PM

I actually did read what you wrote. In fact I read it the first time. and I agree people on the absolute worst of SAD diets don't have to worry so much about toxins from their cells materializing as gunk in their colons, just all the crap foodstuff that cause constipation maybe. Since what you first wrote IS accurate, I felt I needed to step in and share that whether or not 'muccoid plaque' exisits as a lining in the colon, there are other issues that come up on a 100% raw cleansing diet.

by chiming in again with essentialy the same line of logic after more information was given, I can only interpret that as some kind of counterpoint to what was written after it. Since you provided no more information and stood by your opinion that people on and SAD don't have all kinds of strange build-up in their colonns and it seems you are using this reasoning (like everyone does) that someone eating a 'healthy diet' sure enough would not have to worry about such things, when in fact it is the opposite.

that being said I believe my sarcasm was warented. perhaps not towards you, but to a medical perspective that I believe - from experience with dealing with many medical professions first hand - to be completely insufficeient to validate or disprove any conversation we are having on this board.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mucoid plaque...
Posted by: greenie ()
Date: April 14, 2007 07:15PM

Anaken,

You're still projecting all sorts of meanings and implications into my posts that aren't there.

All I was referring to was the statements of the Robert Grays of the world selling psyllium-type cleanses:

[www.cleanse.net]

These people state as fact that 95% of the population has a buildup in their colons, sometimes 'as hard and black as a piece of old hardened rubber' and up to 1/2" thick.

The people I know who see colons with colonoscopes and in the OR have never seen a buildup, black and rubbery or otherwise.

The absense of mucoid plaque doesn't mean anything about the colon health, general health of the body, or anything else. It doesn't negate anyone's experience. I'm just stating one simple fact: in the hundreds of colons in the OR/examining table that my friend, she did not see one example of this incrustation.

My conclusion is that MP does not exist. My secondary conclusion is that the vast volumes of gunk coming out of people on the psyllium cleanses is the psyllium.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mucoid plaque...
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 14, 2007 07:41PM

hey greenie i don't think anaken is stating anything you are thinking...she is just saying that she agrees that their isn't an MP persay....but when you are eating the raw diet that your body is cleansing itself and the cells release a toxic waste that you will see when you do an enema or colonic.....she is saying that if you odn't use any of those products people on raw are seeing things still...and if you were just posting to tell that eh MP isn't there that it is in fact the psyllium is what they see...the forum wasn't about that and annaken was agreeing with you......so it hink you were arguing over things you agreed on ....hmm i hope this helped.....i am not tryng to attack you or say anything mean or negative i was just trying to explain what I took as her trying to say so you could undertand it too..it took me a few times to read it and really get it cuz it is worded a bit different then i would of worded....

oh and i am with you...i am a nurse myself and sometimes if people know that they automatically disgard my info on raw and healthy eating because i have that medical background...but in fact i am pretty well educated in the raw field and have been learning a lot...but am still a nurse haha...so i am there with you for the defense i understand....go educated nurses!!! (your friend and me )
well have a great day and take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mucoid plaque...
Posted by: anaken ()
Date: April 14, 2007 08:34PM

you are right. I AM projecting implications on what you wrote to have a more meaningful discussion. Because in a sense claiming that a SAD eater having a clean colon is entirely meaningless. the muccoid plague discussion in itself is problematic for the reasons I mentioned, which is why in a sence I tried to shift the conversation.


if your point is that psyllium cleanses are harmful we are in agreement.
if your point is that cleanses of any sort are not necessary to begin a raw diet we are in agreement.
if your point is that on a raw cleansing diet, there is not the possibility of matter accumulating in colon (that does not pass normaly as a bowel movement) then we are not in agreement.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mucoid plaque...
Posted by: Lukkraw ()
Date: April 14, 2007 08:36PM

I think the reason why we don't have build-up in our mouths is because the mouth is not curved and there are no nooks for build up to form and stay. I read somewhere that the body forms the mucoid plaque as a way of filtering out toxic parts of the content within the colon. Another thing is that the mucoid plaque may not be as a result of the actual food forming build-up, but rather an excretion from the body as a defence to the toxicity of the food people consume. Since the mouth is not used to absorb nutrients it is obvious that the mouth would not need this defence.

I found this product for about $90: [www.blessedherbs.com]
Here are some pics of people who used it: [www.blessedherbs.com]

I have not used it but I think most people here have given bias opinions in stead of proof that it's a scam.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mucoid plaque...
Posted by: Lukkraw ()
Date: April 14, 2007 08:59PM

I also have a theory on why a colon might appear pink when cut into. Could it not be that the MP is very thin and because it is so thighty formed on the surface of the colon that it appears like it's not there. When it is released with the help of a product it appears different because it is not strethched out anymore. An example ill use is for instance the skin inside some1s mouth. it appears like it is completely transluscent while attached but when a piece comes off youll see it's in fact white. lol That may be a silly example but anyway hehe You know what I mean.

I have also realised from pictures ive seen on this one product's website that the color of different individuals MP differ. how can this be possible if the MP is, in fact, just the product?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mucoid plaque...
Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: April 14, 2007 09:00PM

As I just posted in another thread..I passed Mucoid Plaque on my first fast on day 30.

I was still on SAD when I heard about colon cleansing, cleansing, fasting, etc (Not raw yet). Way too much information everywhere so I took the easy way out and did The Master Cleanse Fast. For those not familiar with it, it's nothing but a lemonade of lemons, maple syrup and cayenne pepper. To keep things moving you drink a laxative tea at night and do a salt water flush in the morning. Your bms are complete liquid.

On day 30, I passed a mucoid plaque rope. It looked like a string of beads as in pictures. A couple days later I passed pieces that looked more like beef jerky or those jerky treats they make for dogs. I post on Master Cleanse forums and it's actually quite common around days 22-30 for people to start passing this stuff.

I've done 2 more long fasts since then and never saw another rope..But still pass those little jerky pieces. So I guess from using Oxypowder, eating healthy and everything I don't have any "mucoid plaque" in me. Like I said, that was my first fast and my first cleanse while on SAD.


The mucoid plaque scam is the plsyllium husks because it bulks it up and binds everything and takes the shape of the colon. It makes the ropes bigger than they should be. I read posts from people who do the "PB Shakes" or other psyllim products and they think they're passing "mucoid plaque" every single day.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2007 09:02PM by LikeItOrNot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mucoid plaque...
Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: April 14, 2007 09:49PM

ok ppls please answer sumthing on my appendix post !!
thankyou for all the posts here its really making me think :]
lol that sunds stupid but u guys kno wat i mean


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mucoid plaque...
Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: April 22, 2007 01:53PM

This is really interesting, what Anaken posted... it's actually a plausible explanation that could help settle the debate on whether mucoid plaque is or is not there...

What she's saying, is that there's all this toxic waste that builds up in our cells, and when we do a cleanse it's excreted via the colon as mucus. That makes a lot of sense, really a lot of sense.

Thanks for posting all this, Anaken!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mucoid plaque...
Posted by: greenie ()
Date: April 22, 2007 02:47PM

anaken Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> you are right. I AM projecting implications on
> what you wrote to have a more meaningful
> discussion. Because in a sense claiming that a SAD
> eater having a clean colon is entirely
> meaningless. the muccoid plague discussion in
> itself is problematic for the reasons I mentioned,
> which is why in a sence I tried to shift the
> conversation.

I wasn't claiming SAD eaters have clean colons in the sense of non-toxic, just that they do not have a 1/4"-1/2" buildup of mucoid plaque as per the quotation mentioned above. Clean to the eye does not mean the colon is free of toxins.

By the way, I was at a party with my nurse friend last night and posed the question again. She reiterated that they are all pink and clean. She said the cleanest one she ever saw was the colon of an elderly lady who was very ill with all sorts of chronic ailments - arthritis, etc. Go figure.

>
>
> if your point is that psyllium cleanses are
> harmful we are in agreement.
> if your point is that cleanses of any sort are not
> necessary to begin a raw diet we are in
> agreement.
> if your point is that on a raw cleansing diet,
> there is not the possibility of matter
> accumulating in colon (that does not pass normaly
> as a bowel movement) then we are not in agreement.

I wasn't making ANY of those points. I wasn't extrapolating on what my friend told me beyond stating that the particular theory of a buildup of mucoid plaque in the colon I quoted is incorrect based on the hundreds of colons my friend has seen. And that IMHO much or all of the ropey things coming out of people doing the psyllium cleanses is buildup of psyllium, not mucoid plaque.

One reason I love this forum is that people post their experiences. It's not just theory or ideas. I posted my comments about my friend's experience in seeing actual colons in the same vein, and to debunk the myth that has people buying those psyllium cleanses because they think they must do them to get rid of the MP.

That said, I have two other friends--each healthy vegetarian eaters but not raw -- who did the Robert Gray cleanse a number of years ago and each said it changed their lives. One lost 30 pounds she kept off ever since, the other cured chronic fatigue syndrome that had been plaguing her for 8 years. Even though the mucoid plaque thing is bunkum IMHO, that doesn't mean the psyllium cleanses don't have a place. So I don't agree with your first point, that psyllium cleanses are harmful. I find them harmful for me, but I can't generalize based on that. If someone is drawn to doing that type of cleanse, it may be good for them.

There are lots of other theories one could put forth. I don't doubt there are significant toxins in most SAD eaters, and even those of us who have been raw for some time. It takes time for all that to purify out. I don't know the reason for ropey weird stuff to come out after 20-30 days on the fast (as per LikeItOrNot's experience). I've also had that type of experience on the MC, where after a couple of weeks I had more junk coming out.

There's doubtless much we don't know about the how's and why's of detox. But I am convinced that there is no such thing as buildup of mucoid plaque 1/4"-1/2" thick on the colon walls of 95% of SAD eaters based on my friend's experiences with the worst of the worst of SAD eaters.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2007 02:49PM by greenie.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mucoid plaque...
Posted by: anaken ()
Date: April 22, 2007 07:12PM

you are still quoting the same thing. which means you are having trouble with what I wrote...

to make myself clear, what I am saying is that your friends examinations of people with the Oldest colons with the worst symptoms of disease and the worst SAD diets. proves nothing about the build up a rock hard matter - dumped from the cells - in the colon when the body is properly cleansing.

its fine if you are using this to imply that people transioning from SAD don't have a build up of waste in their colon that we might call muccoid plaque or acid-pus-cake or whatever! and that therefore they don't have to invest in expensive cleanses to 'start' a raw diet is what i was saying.

but I believe I did post my expereince, and know countless people with the same experience...that even people after being raw for 5 + years, eating whole fruits and vegetables and vegetable juices (only) still pass things like dark (as in black) hard matter (that could never be claimed to resemble anything consumed AS FOOD between cleanses..even if they were doing thorough colonics 3-4 days apart.

so to recap, the existance or not of a lining of waste in a SAD eaters colon is irrelavent. It is the waste dumping from the cells on a cleansing diet that does 'cake' inside the colon and also in the form of carbonic gasses that DOES NOT come out - even thought Like i have already said, pass my whole foods that I EAT effortlessly - in my bowels.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2007 07:14PM by anaken.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mucoid plaque...
Posted by: anaken ()
Date: April 22, 2007 07:26PM

in summary.

people have a build up of waste in their bodies not their colons as an SAD eater a transitional eater or an all raw eater. like I already said people tend to think if someone doesn't have a problem as a SAD eater. they certainly wouldn't when they are eating cleaner and healthier. Whether you are trying to prove this or believe this or not isn't so important, the truth is actually the reverse. So there is nothing wrong with me tweaking the thread a bit to offer that information..i'm not saying you or your friends obseravtions of colons is wrong at all or that it has no place or importance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: No such thing as mucoid plaque
Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: April 22, 2007 09:06PM

greenie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>I have a friend who has
> worked in the operating room of a major hospital
> in Iowa. She's also worked for a
> gastroenterologist doing colonoscopies. This woman
> has seen the inside of many many colons and has
> never seen anything like mucoid plaque. She says
> the colons are pink and healthy looking, except
> for the rare instances of growths etc., which do
> not look like mucoid plaque.
>
> So if mucoid plaque ain't here, it aint'
> anywhere.

I understand the reasoning about seeing pink tissues, barring tumors/growths,etc during surgeries and colonoscopies.

However using that as a reference to prove the point being made has its limitations, since prior to these procedures, patients are given laxatives to remove wastes primarily to improve visibility during the procedure. These laxatives are not high psyllium/high fiber since the goal is not to cleanse based on the principles of the folks who promote colon cleanse products. Therefore, the stools passed as the patient is eliminating would not be the same type/consistency as someone on a high fiber laxative/cleanse and would not prove or disprove the existence of accumulated rope-like long term fecal accumulation or mucoid plaque nor prove or disprove whether the person has accumulated cellular waste that would benefit from products being sold.


Wishing you vibrant health





Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2007 09:11PM by Pistachio.

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.


Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables