Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Healthy makeup products? This is heath...
Posted by: love ()
Date: April 14, 2007 02:24AM

Hello all!

If you do wear makeup, what kind do you wear? Or even if you just use it on occasion, or just a little bit. What brands do you use? And do they have chemicals or nasty ingredients in them?

What is our opinion on Rachel Perry and Aveda? I have also heard of Dr. Hauschka's products, how about them?

I put this in the health section, beceause I think it is health...I hope that is okay!

Thank you!

Love to all!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2007 02:25AM by love.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Healthy makeup products? This is heath...
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: April 17, 2007 03:23AM

Hi Love,
(Lovely name, by the way.) ;-D

I grew up wearing make-up and still wear some, though I like to keep the look reasonably fresh and natural. I find 'less is more,' though sometimes I just get in a certain mood and I'll go all out. Not so much anymore though. If I wear dark lipstick I'll go with almost no eyeliner, or if I make up my eyes I'll just put a little brown gloss on my lips.

In the summer when I'm really healthy and my skin glows I'll skip the face make-up and just put some Burt's Bees carrot oil lotion (the body lotion, not the heavy face cream) on my face, and that's all I need. Winter, however, leaves me pale and I find myself using a little foundation.

I use Burt's Bees products alot -- carrot lotion, lipsticks -- and some other products like Honeybee Gardens lipsticks and Alba glosses (great and they feel really nice). I find some of the natural products too expensive at times, so I'll sometimes buy the less healthy make-up when I run out of it. I don't use a lot, so it's not a big deal. I even stopped using mascara most of the time because I don't like to have to deal with the ritual of removing it at night. It seems so much nicer to just use a little bit of eyeliner and go more natural.

I used to use Rachel Perry's products -- they were great. I haven't been able to find them in recent years.

I also try to only use natural essential oils-- can't stand the smell of most designer perfumes.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: sunshineTX ()
Date: April 17, 2007 11:49PM

I agree on the designer perfumes, or any perfumes for that matter. They give me a headache and/or cause my throat to clog up. Yuck!

As for makeup, I use Bare Minerals on my face, Dr. Hauschka on my eyes, and Burts Bees on my lips. And the products I really love are Morrocco Methods hair products; all organice vegan products. They are wonderful!

Date: April 18, 2007 12:32AM

Thank you kwan! I just joined this forum a little while ago...I was suprised that the name love was available! It was, so that's great! Thank you for the info! If you are stil interested in Rachel Perry, I order it from there website at; www.rachelperry.com. Or I get it in TCW order's that we get sometimes. So, I guess they are just not very popular in stores. I love there products though!

Thank you too sunshineTX! I haven't heard of Morrocco Methods until now. Do they have it at Health Food stores?

Do these brands have good ingredients? I guess I could call them? Yay! Or just check on the package to see whats in them.

Love and light to all! Thank you again!

love

Posted by: sunshineTX ()
Date: April 18, 2007 12:58AM

love,
Just go to www.morroccomethod.com. You can purchase the products on the web site. I think some stores may sell the products, but I haven't run across them here in my area. I have been using them exclusively for almost a year and have actually had some regrowth (my hair was starting to thin). The ingredients are even listed on the web site, all natural and vegan. Good luck!
sunshineTX

Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: April 18, 2007 06:43PM

larenim mineral makeup its mineral backwards :p their makeup is really the best ive found, and i hav hyper sensitive acne skin,, the powder form is the best except u cant put it on top of benzoyl peroxide, it makes yor pores turn back eww idk why..
www.larenim.com

Date: April 18, 2007 08:11PM

Thank you sunshineTX! Thank you fuzzysox! I will check those out!

Love to all!

love

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2007 08:12PM by love.

Posted by: meinleben ()
Date: April 19, 2007 12:34AM

janeiredale.com

this is the best make up i have used...it really works for me....light...natural....fresh....

for skin care i use suki which i am very happy with...

i am happy with my skin these days...oh...low fat has helped soooooo much as well

Date: April 19, 2007 06:27PM

Thank you meinleben! I will check it out!

Love to all!

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 20, 2007 08:38AM

hi i would like to second the janeiredale products...my mom has skin cancerand has it removed 4 times now....her dermatologist recommended this product to her for an all natural healthy makeup for her skin ......and it works amazing she loves it...also there is another one called vincent longo i belive...and he is sold at sephora but he is all natural products.....and it is great too!! you can't tell you even have it on and so light and airy and good for you!!!!
so good lukc
love earth angel
xoxoxoxxoxo

Date: April 20, 2007 08:06PM

Thank you earthangel! I will check it out!

Love to all!

Date: April 22, 2007 02:54AM

What do all of you think of "Mineral Fusion", product line? I was just introduced to it today, and I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with it?

Thank you again for all the great makeup lines you have all suggested, I still have to check all of them out!

Love to all!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables