Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Rat poison in cat and dog food? Urgent!
Posted by: love ()
Date: April 16, 2007 12:24AM

Hello everyone!

I am new to this forum, and this is my thrid thread...I hope that is okay!?

I heard about some brands of dog and cat food having rat poison or some kind of poison in them, and they were actauuly causing animals to pass. I think it was Iams and some other brand. Well, has anyone had experience with this or know someone who has?

The reason I ask this is because we feed our cats and dogs mostly vegetarian food, except for the occasional canned salmon. But, we do have neighbors who seem like the kind of people we would feed there animals junk. And my sister said that she has seen our animals over there eating the neighbors food! (Peace and love to them.) And two of our cats seem sick. One of them seems paralized, but she can meow.

Anybody know anything about this? PLEASE! I droped thieves and purification essential oil down her throaght because I didn't know what else to do.

Has this happened to anyones animals? And did what I described happen?

Love and light to all! Please send my lovely kitties love!

Thank you! All is well.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2007 12:26AM by love.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rat poison in cat and dog food? Urgent!
Posted by: silverundertone ()
Date: April 16, 2007 05:20PM

The problem seems to be the 'conventional' pet food. The media reported the problem to be bad wheat gluten from China..
but what they failed to mention is that in many of the mainstream brands of dog and cat food the main ingredient "meat and bone meal" is made up of roadkill, euthanized pets and farm animals (many wearing flea collars..etc) expired meat still in its packaging..the list goes on and on. This obviously causes health problems in animals, and because the pet food industry is very poorly regulated its something that companies have been able to get away with.

if you do a search for 'rendered animals in pet food' or something along those lines, youll be able to find many websites with more information.

Posted by: silverundertone ()
Date: April 16, 2007 05:21PM

something else i want to mention is that cats dont do well on a mostly vegetarian diet. they need meat to survive.
that could be why they appear sick.

Date: April 16, 2007 10:12PM

Thank you silverundertone!

Our cats actually are very healthy on a mostly vegetarian diet. We feed them healthy canned samon soetimes too.

Well, the little cat I was talking about moved on...we took her to the vet, and the vet did a urine test (because the cat was so out of it that the vet didn't want to draw blood I think), and she said she had sugar in her blood, but she was not diabetic. She thinks it was that the cat drank or some how got into ana-freeze! I actually heard of people setting ana-freeze out or putting ana-freeze in meat to try to kill any animals that come on there land. We have some strange neighbors...so I am not quite sure what happened. She said the cat's kidney's were failing. She also said that it could have been that the cat ate a Easter White Lily, or part of one. But I don't think so because one of our other cats is missing and she had the same symptoms as the one that moved on. And aparently ana-freeze is sweet and animals like it. Wow.

Thank you, I will check that out. It is a good thing that we don't buy junkie cat and dog food.

Love and light to all!

Love

Posted by: annie27 ()
Date: April 19, 2007 03:30AM

Sorry to hear all this, love. Sad to know things like this about people and about human-made toxic products hurting innocent beings.
Best, Anne

Date: April 19, 2007 06:26PM

Thank you! I love all our animals! Love to them! I agree it is very sad about even having those chemicals around...geesh! We can heal the world, starting with ourselves!

Love to all!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables