Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

8 days RAW... Why am I Constipated ?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 23, 2007 03:39PM

8 days RAW... Why am I constipated?

I’ve been raw for the last 8 days (75%-90%) but so far my B.M. are just not satisfying, Quite insignificant, and hard. I’ve tried to drink more water to see if that helps but so far no changes.

My raw diet this last week has consisted of carrots, strawberries, oranges, bananas, prunes, radishes, spinach, tomatoes, broccoli, and a very small portion of walnuts.
I cheated on my diet last night for the first time and ate 1 Pork rib and a little bit of pasta.

Also I have not been able to give up coffee yet. I’m beginning to realize that I have a caffeine addiction and I have cut way back on coffee. I’m working on cutting it out completely once my body figures out how to @#$%& with out it.

Any tips on how I can loosen up my bowl ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 8 days RAW... Why am I Constipated ?
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: April 23, 2007 04:41PM

PP,
If you're still drinking coffee and not eating raw, there's the problem. Caffeine tends to dehydrate you.

In the meantime, you can make yourself a cup of Senna leaf tea. Drink it at night before you go to bed and you will have a BM in the morning. You can drink it during the day but will have to wait until it takes effect.

It takes time for the BM to be regular. Initially, I had diarrhea for 2 days straight when I went 100% raw vegan. Thereafter, the stools started to take shape and be the proper size.

Therese

Date: April 23, 2007 05:18PM

thanks all give it a try.
Peace, PP

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: April 24, 2007 02:19AM

patpend3,

What quantities are you eating of those raw foods. Today, for my first meal, I ate 10 small bananas (the equivalent of 7 large bananas). It may be that the quantities are not large enough.

Also, what helps me is to eat a whole head of romaine per day to get the bowels going when they feel sluggish (which is pretty rare nowadays, but I still enjoy the head of romaine).

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: April 24, 2007 02:19AM

By the way, the head of romaine I eat plain, without dressing. I just take each leaf, roll it up into a cigar, and eat it.

Date: April 24, 2007 04:53AM

thanks Bryan, I'll give it a try.

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 24, 2007 06:02AM

hey bryan that is cute you roll it up into a cigar and eat it!! sounds creative and yummy even though it is so simple...but your choice of words is unique!! thanks for the tip.
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: April 24, 2007 10:47AM

eat melons and tomatoes.

Posted by: Rian1213 ()
Date: April 24, 2007 07:58PM

I had that problem right at the beginning, through the first week. The it just went. I have doen some fasting and stuff and your coffe drinking doesnt sound good. Read F. Patenaud's books for a more informed opinion.

But I wouldn t worry about it, just keep on.

Rian

Date: April 26, 2007 03:38PM

yeah I'm cured. My body just needed some time!)

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: April 27, 2007 02:27AM

PP, Glad you are now cured. Congrats! Therese

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables