Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How much can a female workout?
Posted by: love ()
Date: May 01, 2007 09:25PM

Hello everyone!

Okay, here is my question: how much can a woman or female workout without losing her period? Can I hear som real life experiences?

How much cardio, yoga, weights, etc. and all? How many days a week? How much time doing it?

Thank you!

Love to all!

love

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2007 09:27PM by love.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How much can a female workout?
Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: May 01, 2007 11:19PM

4 1/2 hours five days a week gymnastics lol i did that wen i 13,, and still kept my period,,

i think you can do alot of exercise,, just make sure you compensate by feeding yourself enough food,, and then youll be fine

think of olympians they work out up 2 eight hours a day and still get their periods, they just eat enough 2 sustain the calories they burn :]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 02, 2007 12:24AM

im kinda curious where you got the idea that working out will make you lose your period? smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: May 02, 2007 01:00AM

Thank you fuxxysox and Jgunn! Workouts don't make a difference in your period? Then what the poo is up? How much should one eat for 45 minutes to 1 hour of exercise a day? 20 minutes cardio and the rest is divided with pilates, push ups, body core work, and yoga.

Thank you! I think I should research this one too!

So, anybody else had personal experience with this subject?

Love to all!

love

Date: May 02, 2007 01:16AM

well hmm thats a pretty hard question to answer ...it depends on so many things ...

the intensity of the exercise, resistance of the exercise, how much you weigh now

cardio covers a wide range too ... biking? walking? rowing? running?

what exactly are you trying to do? lose weight? gaine muscle? tone up?

how many calories are you eating right now? are you finding yourself hungry all the time? or find yourself overstuffed all the time?

i'll see if i can dig up some of my old bodybuilding sites.... but to forwarn you theyre not vegan or raw .. but theyre alot of good iformation about general bodybuilding smiling smiley

Date: May 02, 2007 11:04PM

Jgunn, Thank you for your help! I am trying to get my period back. I lost it from overexercising and probabaly not eating enough for my activity level. Now I eat great! Maybe it was too low of body fat %, I weighed 102-105 lbs at he lowest in the morning w/ some clothes on. At 5"8.

This is what I exercise like: 20 minutes of bike riding 5 days a week, speed 14-15 mph after warming up at 10 mph for 5 minutes, sometimes I use the rebounder for like 5 minutes with this. Not very much resistance. 30-40 minutes of mixed exercise like yoga, pilates, pushups, weight machines, butt workouts, core workouts. A personal trainer told me to not exercise this much and eat more protien. So, I took the cardio down to 4 days this week, and I will probabaly do more yoga now. Sometimes in addition to that I walk or ride the bike around town or practice dancing. Sometimes I go to the gym and use the eliptcal.

I am 5"8, I weigh 125-129 lbs right now. I usually eat until satisfied. I was overeating coconut treats but now anymore.

I would like to keep toning up.

Thank you for your help!

Love to all!

love

Date: May 03, 2007 03:00PM

heres one article about your period that was posted on the main forum under the Menstruation thread

[www.waldorfhomeschoolers.com]

stilll trying to find the bodybuilding links smiling smiley

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 03, 2007 05:54PM

hey love..welll the exercise shouldn't affect it that much..it was probably def from being underweight that will cause your cycle to take a hike for a while.....for example i exercise about 5 hours a day broken up like this
1 hour intense spinning class
1 hour eliptical trainer
1 hour advanced step aerobics class
1 hour run/jog/walk around track
1 hour weightlifting!!!

and i still get my good ol cycle.....smiling smiley you should at least be ovulating...when on raw and at a low weight..so make sure you check that out...as long as you are ovulating you don't have to necassarily get your cycle....
good luck!!!
i hope you figure things out and your cycle back
oh and also there is a rawvegan body building site...hmm i think it is raw veganbodybuilding .com but not for sure hmm iam sure it will come up with google....smiling smiley
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 04, 2007 02:20AM

Jgunn, thank you so much! I will check that out!

earthangel, oh my gosh! Why do you exercise so much? How long have you been doing this for? You still get your period? Wow! Well, I got mine back two times. It was very light, and they were iragular. Hmm. How intense do you work out? Maybe it is a intesnsity thing? What do you eat like? Thank you!

Love to all!

love

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2007 02:21AM by love.

Date: May 04, 2007 07:41AM

hey there...i have been doing this for as long as i remember...umm the intensity is pretty intense haha have you ever taken a spinning class?? or an advnaced step aerobics class with usually 2 risers (3 if they will let me some dont because of safety haha)
and then the eliptical is usually on 10 and 10...so it is pretty intense...and the running is more or less intense it is running and newere to my body..but it is usually my most leisurely..cuz the weight lifting i keep at a fast pace and circuitish so that i am keeping my heart rate up and buring lots of kcals....
hmm my food is another story lol ...check out my diary lol it will give you an idea of the things i eat...i eat mostly greens and a few frutis...fats once in a great while like i will add a few slices of avo to something or use 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds once a month....
hmm it is not the workout that effects the cycle hun so don't stress...when your body is a low weight that it is in an anorexic state it will shut down all energy sources it can including ovulating...to save energy..that is why if nothing is done most anorexics will suffer a heart attack because the body is eating away at that muscle for energy since there is nothing left....but not having your period while on raw can be your body adjusting and you said it came back so that is good...as long as you are ovulating you are okay...i learneda ll about it in nursing school...so dont' stress hun..and no exercise won't effect it....if you are doing intense exercise and losing weight and such it will...but unless you are doing 6-8 hours of EXTREME exercise every day of the week it is okay....
i do this much exercise cuz i enjoy it and truly feel happy doing it!
good luck
everyone is different though..so do what works for you!
love earthangle
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 04, 2007 10:28PM

earthangel, how do find the time and energy for all of this exercise? I just don't get this right now. I am at a great weight. Maybe it is because I lost weight fast before? I got very skinny. Maybe my body just needs time to adjust.

Thank you!

Love to all!

love

Date: May 05, 2007 08:19AM

hey there....oh well ih ave been dealing with many health challenges...ed's....and weight issues since age 2...have been exercising since about 3 1/2...serious gym working out since about 4 or 5..at the hospital with old people and it kinda stuck with me....so i make time no matter what if i have to go in the middle of the night...or get up at the crack of dawn haha...so it is just a ritual kinda.....yeah it maybe from dropping weight fast..that can affect it..don't worry you are eating healthy and doing exercise..you will get it back!!! and you are fine....i went to a lecture tonight of brian clemente's and he suggest everyone get at least 35 minutes of aerobic exercise at least 5-6 days a week!! so you are on track
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: May 05, 2007 03:28PM

Earthangel,
That's amazing! Wow! I feel like a wimp next to you, girl. I only work out about an hour, maybe 2 hours max, daily.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 05, 2007 03:59PM

kwan

as long as u enjoy it and are having fun
that's the important thing

Date: May 06, 2007 03:00PM

earthangel, thank you! Wow! I am sorry for saying "wow" a lot, but it is really wow! How does your body handle all this exercise? I would be @#$%& if I did that much! Thank you for all your help! I really appreciate it! Have a great day! Love heals all life!

Love to all!

love

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: May 19, 2007 03:47PM

I workout 2-4 hours a day and feel wondeful for it.

My cycle stopped 18 months ago yet I am still ovulating and at a healthy weight. So dont worry about it. Being raw, active, healthy and happy is my main concern!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables