Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

DMAE
Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: May 04, 2007 02:12AM

i used 2 eat alot of fish before deciding 2 go raw,, there were subsances in the fish that really helped my skin and other things,, one of them is called DMAE, i feel like i should supplement bc the only food source i can find for it is fish,, does anybody kno if there is a raw vegan food that contains high amounts of DMAE?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DMAE
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: May 04, 2007 02:43AM

DMAE is a poison and is not good for your skin.

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 04, 2007 03:59AM

what is DMAE smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 04, 2007 07:13AM

Hey jodi....well i didn't know either so i looked it up here is what i found on wikipedia haha enjoy
Dimethylaminoethanol, also known as DMAE or dimethylethanolamine, is an organic compound. This compound also goes by the names of N,N-dimethyl-2-aminoethanol, beta-dimethylaminoethyl alcohol, beta-hydroxyethyldimethylamine and Deanol. It is a liquid with a color that ranges from clear to pale yellow.

Dimethylaminoethanol is used as a curing agent for polyurethanes and epoxy resins. It is used to the synthesis of dyestuffs, textile auxiliaries, pharmaceuticals, emulsifiers, and corrosion inhibitors. Also it is an additive to paint removers, boiler water, and amino resins.

Dimethylaminoethanol is related to choline and is a biochemical precursor to the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, and found naturally in fishes like sardines and anchovies. It is reported to have nootropic effects, although research on this chemical has found both positive and negative potential results.

It is believed that dimethylaminoethanol is methylated to produce choline in the brain. It is known that dimethylaminoethanol is processed by the liver into choline; however, the choline molecule is charged and cannot pass the blood-brain barrier.

Short term studies show an increase in vigilance and alertness, with a positive influence on mood. Long term studies are equivocal. Some showed dimethylaminoethanol to increase the lifespan of animals in which it was tested, while others indicate a possible reduction in the average life span of quail. With the uncertainty of whether this could be extrapolated to humans, dimethylaminoethanol supplementation is not generally recommended. It is possible that dose is a major determining factor in the overall effects of dimethylaminoethanol - a high dose could produce the opposite effects than sought and contribute to life-shortening.

A recent study (March 2007) indicates that when used topically, it damages the cells and cell reproduction.

love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 04, 2007 08:09AM

thing to consider:

<<Clinical studies of DMAE have used doses of up to 1600 mg per day with no reports of side effects and no known drug interactions.14 While regular supplementation with DMAE and supplements that contain DMAE as their primary ingredient are widely tolerated, several possible side effects should be borne in mind. These include gastrointestinal disturbances, body odor, drowsiness, confusion, increased blood pressure, moderate depression, and persistent irritability.15,16 DMAE should also be avoided by pregnant or breast-feeding women, except with a doctor’s consent. Those with epilepsy or bipolar disorder should avoid using DMAE entirely>>

shucks... huh? and u thought u'd get away scotch free cuz it was found "naturally occuring"

yeah, but when its isolated
strange things start happening
like all the other drugs

they are all "naturally" derived someway, somehow

but then they get "isolated" and weirdness abounds

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables