Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Uterine Fibroids: RAW Foods Solutions??
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 10, 2007 08:53PM

Hello All,

First it is a pleasure to be here and a part of such a reputable website!
It is very comforting and reassuring to know that so many knowledgable people with such wonderful life experience are here for me during my transition to a completely RAW Foods lifestyle.

I do need your help though..and assistance with an issue that I am presently facing..any and all input..as well as recipe suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Today,I found out that I have "numerous" uterine fibroids.. one of them is measuring 10-12"..roughly the size of a large grapefruit. The fibroids,especially the large one..has made my uterus rise to just below my belly button.

I have been told by traditional physicians that a full or partial hysterectomy is my only alternative.. I refuse to believe such a narrow minded statement.

I thoroughly believe that once the body is naturally detoxified..that its natural healing properties can come back into full play..allowing our bodies to naturally heal itself.

If anyone would care to comment on my situation..recommend a solution..or just give encouragement and assistance.. all is welcome.

I have had one recommendation.. to go on a 30-60 day fresh orange juice fast to allow my body to detox and begin to heal. Any thoughts on this????

Yours Truly,
Jennifer

Right now.. I feel frightened, frustrated and confused.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Uterine Fibroids: RAW Foods Solutions??
Posted by: sunshineTX ()
Date: May 10, 2007 11:33PM

Hi Jennifer,
I, too, am interested in raw food solutions to uterine fibroids as I have these as well. One thing I have learned from research is that the hormones injected into animals that humans consume are believed to make them worse. I don't know if you're previous diet was the SAD or if you've been a vegetarian/vegan, but if you have consumed animal products in the past, hopefully changing your diet to raw vegan will stop and hopefully shrink your fibroids. Currently mine are staying about the same,but I haven't been on this raw vegan journey for very long, so I dont' really have any personal experience with them improving on this diet; only a theory based on the things I've read. I look forward to what others have to say on the subject. Good luck, and I sure hope you don't have to have surgery!

Take care,
sunshineTX

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: May 12, 2007 05:15AM

Hello,

I'm not sure that mine were fibroids as my OB/GYN told me that I didn't have them when I asked many years back. All that I know is that I've had horrible periods since I began menstruating. The horrible ones would be in between a skipped month or so.

After becoming raw about 2.5 years ago, I began parasite zapping as well. During this time of modified raw, my periods have reduced in length going from 2 weeks on average to about 7 days. Also, I have released 6 growths. The pains are extreme, my friend's wife asked me if I weren't pregnant and having a miscarriage. (That scenario was not possible at the time.) The cramps were so intense that even Yoga didn't help and I couldn't get to sleep at night. (I had to pray for strength to overcome the pain and be able to sleep.) I bled very heavily for 2-3 days straight. In the past, I had only bled very heavily for about 1 day. Very heavily means that I would have to go to the bathroom from 40 minutes to 1 hour intervals for about the first 6-8 hours. After that, it tapered to about every 2-3 hours during the following days of heavy flow.

I was so pale from the loss of blood that I looked and felt anemic. I drank the milk from 2 young coconuts to alleviate the extreme fatigue and anemia.

The first growth was about the size of my pinkie. The last one was about the thickness of my thumb and about the same length but not roundish like the previous ones. These were definitely growths as when I pulled on one while holding the other end, it felt like pulling on a finger. It did not rip or tear. It was definitely skin tissue.

I'm not 100% raw so the self-surgery (release of the growths) can occur if you're vegetarian/raw combo. Anyhow, I hope the above helps.
Therese

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 27, 2007 01:11PM

Check out [www.drwong.us] . He discusses the causes and cures for such conditions.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: May 27, 2007 04:57PM

I was told I had numerous fibroid tumors and when I went raw at 50 years of age I went thru hell in detoxing, all kinds of health problems cleared up. One thing that happened was I went into full menopause and haven't had a period since going raw, I can't recall how long it took before I quit those spotting irregular periods, but I know it wasn't more than 6 months.

I belive one thing that helped was cutting out meat and dairy products. With all the stuff they inject and feed those animals, it's no wonder we women have problems with our bodies, staring now from around the young age of 9.

I don't know if I still have fibroid tumors, but I know that my health improved, my body has repsonded to fresh fruits and veggies. I'm not troubled with pain anymore due to them. They feed on blood and get engorged (hence the reason pain is intensified when you get your period), so if you are having trouble with heavy periods, or are at an age where menopause is sounding good to you, or just want a healthy reproductive system, stick with raw foods, and fresh green juices.

The other thing was that during a pap smear test, it came back suspious, so I had a biopsy done (they cut out a small piece of uterine tissue to test) and that hurt like hell, and it can't be good for your body, and that test came back normal. They figured the lab overread the first test. Makes me nuts to think that. That was before going raw, and now..I've had no problems. I plan on keeping my body intact and keeping all that I have in good health thru raw foods.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: May 28, 2007 12:06AM

Eat lots of green vegetables and fruit. Green leaves are probably going to be the most protective.

--

Obstet Gynecol. 1999 Sep;94(3):395-8.

Diet and uterine myomas.

Chiaffarino F, Parazzini F, La Vecchia C, Chatenoud L, Di Cintio E, Marsico S.

Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milan, Italy.

OBJECTIVE: To analyze the relation between selected dietary indicators and the risk of uterine myomas. METHODS: We used data from a case-control study on risk factors for uterine myomas conducted in Italy between 1986 and 1997. Cases included 843 women with uterine myomas whose clinical diagnoses dated back no more than 2 years. Controls were 1557 women younger than age 55 who had not had hysterectomies and were admitted for acute nongynecologic, nonhormonal, nonneoplastic conditions. RESULTS: Women with uterine myomas reported more frequent consumption of beef, other red meat, and ham and less frequent consumption of green vegetables, fruit, and fish. The multivariate odds ratios in the upper tertile were 1.7 for beef and other red meat (95% confidence interval [CI] 1.4, 2.2), 1.3 for ham (95% CI 1.0, 1.6), 0.5 for green vegetables (95% CI 0.4, 0.6), and 0.8 for fruit consumption (95% CI 0.6, 1.0). CONCLUSION: Myoma is associated with beef and ham consumption, whereas high intake of green vegetables seems to have a protective effect.

PMID: 10472866 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: May 28, 2007 01:44AM

Audrey healed her fibroids on the raw diet. Here's here story. An orange juice fast will help. As will a supervised water fast.

You might also want to check out Shelly's story.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: May 28, 2007 01:52AM

Audrey made a post on this raw forum about her healing.

Posted by: Ariel55 ()
Date: June 22, 2007 07:16AM

Hi there, I do remeber reading that vitalyzym has eliminated fibroids, vitalzym is a really high dose enzyme with serapeptase. The enzymes digest it, I think done with the orange juice fast could be very effective.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2007 07:18AM by Ariel55.

Posted by: Lauralai ()
Date: June 26, 2007 01:01PM

Hi, I was diagnosed with fibroids a few years back and i was having TERRIBLE periods!! I think the largest one they said was like 9cm and there were a bunch of little ones all over. I was vegetarian at the time but very unhealthy. Lots of junk food and proccessed food. I started eating more whole foods, and getting LOTS of excercise. Not anything hardcore, but I would walk and hike all the time. And rollerskate when I could. I dropped 20 pounds and my horrible periods disappeared. When I had my son 7 months ago, the ob said the largest fibroid was about 3cm and the small ones all over were gone. So there ya go.

Lauralai

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables