Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

headaches and nausia
Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: May 23, 2007 10:32AM

recently raw. experiencing excrucitating headaches now in my 3rd week. and some nausia at night. i can see so many wonderful and amazing postitive changes and benefits since i went raw. but i think the detox thing is finally catching up to me.

does anyone know of any natural remedies for these, hopefully temporary, symptoms?

love

p

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: headaches and nausia
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 23, 2007 02:10PM

hi pihourova smiling smiley way to go on the 3 weeks smiling smiley can you post a sample of what your eating in a day ?

drink some water, dehydration causes headaches at times
you also may not be getting enough food in you

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: May 23, 2007 03:06PM

thankssmiling smiley well, basically i have been eatting mainly all sorts of fruits because i love them! i try to eat a salad with different types of veggies at least once a day to balance out all the fructose. i also like to drink some luke warm water with honey.

do you think all the sugar could be causing this? oh, and i eat a handful of raw walnuts every morning.

i definitely think i am getting enough food. and i feel like i drink alot of water. perhaps not enough though.

i have noticed that this headache seems to move to different parts of my head. and the nausea mainly occurs at night, about an hour or so before i go to sleep.

love

p

Date: May 23, 2007 03:13PM

can you post for example what did you eat yesterday ie:

2 apples
1 orange
2 cups lettuce
1 carrot
1/4 cup almonds

etc...

its just an idea but i dont think your probably getting enough in ya ..thus the headaches smiling smiley

Date: May 23, 2007 03:40PM

ok, lets see...

yesterday:

2 apples
2 pears
2 salads
1 bannana
1 whole pineapple
4 cups of water and honey
3 6oz glasses of water

it sure feels like alot. but i suppose my old way of eatting did render alot more calories.

what do you think?

Date: May 23, 2007 03:53PM

ok i had to guesstimate somethings but i put into fitday

2 medium apples (not sure how big yours were)
2 medium pears (not sure how big yours were)
1 banana (not sure how big yours were)
1 whole pineappe (not sure how big yours was)
2 salads (mixed greens , any dressing?)
honey (1 tablespoon per mug)

this total gives you

Total: 799 calories
grams cals %total
Fat: 5 49 6%
Sat: 1 6 1%
Poly: 2 15 2%
Mono: 1 6 1%
Carbs: 202 694 89%
Fiber: 29 0 0%
Protein: 8 34 4%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

that doesnt seem like very much for a full day .. mind you i dont know what you do all day long either ... if yer a sitting alot or chasing after kids or running a marathon hehe smiling smiley

but even if you sat doing nothing all day .. 800 calories is not a whole lotta food ...i would suspect your headache is from detoxing quite quickly on so little food

adding a bit more food till your comfortable should slow down the headache smiling smiley

Date: May 23, 2007 04:25PM

wow!! thank you! that really puts it into perspective.

i had no dressing on the salads but i did use about 1/4 of an avocado in each one. and i actually use about 4 teaspoons per mug of honey!

i walk for about an 1.5 hour every morning and sometimes evening as well. i dont have kids and i dont work. lucky me! so other than that, i dont really get any other exercise. was doing yoga but since i started detoxing, i have terrible pains in my knee and fingers. makes yoga difficult. i have old injuries from ballet and a boating accident i was in last year. i have noticed that these areas have started getting painful again since going raw. but i was told this is a good thing as it means i am healing myself. right?

anyway, i really appreciate you taking the time to help. i am sending lots of wonderful vibes your way!!!

love

camille

Date: May 23, 2007 04:56PM

woo woo thanks for the vibes hehe =) even iff you add the avocado and change the honey its still under 1000 cal .. 956

fitday isnt an exact program but it gives a good idea

check it out its free [www.fitday.com]

you can add your custom foods to it that you might buy like protein bars etc.

if you track your food even for a week it gives you a really good idea whats goin on smiling smiley

you certainly are on the way to healing yorself smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables