Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Sex and Hot Mangos
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: May 24, 2007 04:33PM

Sorry, couldn't resist using a silly ploy to get your attention. ;-p

Okay, now that I have it, here's an article on irradiated mangos coming into the U.S. from India. I'm guessing they're those sickly looking bright yellow mangos I'm started seeing at local grocery stores lately:

[www.organicconsumers.org]

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sex and Hot Mangos
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 24, 2007 05:03PM

ahahahahaha good one kwan =p made me look !! HEEEE HEEEEE

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 24, 2007 08:14PM

you know one thing that bothers me too about this article is that if the government is unsure of the food handling practices of say India ..

whos to say theyre irradiating properly either ? what if they do it too much? or too little ? what about the poor workers that are exposed to this day an day out ...what is their protection?

india has some very poor track records on human safety.. and poor people working for cheap are often expendable

sigh sigh sigh

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: diana ()
Date: May 24, 2007 10:12PM

It made me look too because I had just eaten one...HA...I really did...but mine was safe as far as I am aware of...disapointing for my boyfriend though...Diana

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: May 28, 2007 02:43AM

lol..good one

irradiation and/or hot water treatment is necessitated by OUR government importing, not: others exporting

therefore all mangos we would get that are not from like... florida (which to my knowledge doesn't ship much out other then special order) would be treated
'
it would def be on the side of too much rather then too little..too little - being illegal.

the awesome juicy -organic or not- mangos I was eating a few months ago were def dipped..it says so right on the box. the sikly ones, just like any sikly looking fruit have no indication of treatment

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: May 28, 2007 02:53AM

Thanks Anaken. Guess I'll try to buy more and more local stuff, which means less tropical fruit, which I love. :-/

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables