Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

what exercise do you do?
Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: June 05, 2007 03:37PM

just curious and hoping for inspiration. what types of exercise do you do, do you do any? how long do you exercise? how many times per week?

i walk between 1-2 hours 5-7 days a week. i do hatha yoga 45 min. 1-3 times per week.

i really would like to do more as i have experienced the benefits at times in my life when i was more active. but i don't do more, for some reason.

so what do you do?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what exercise do you do?
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: June 08, 2007 03:57AM

I try to hit the gym every day. Of course there are days I can't do it for one reason or another, so on those days I walk a couple miles or exercise at home. At the gym I do step machine, rowing machine, treadmill, Nautillus and sometimes some weights. I usually do the 5 rites in the stretching room before I work out. Sometimes at home I do qigong with online videos. We also walk everywhere-- haven't used a car for decades. I get tons of exercise that way.

I keep meaning to start doing yoga again, and more qigong.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 08, 2007 05:19PM

me too evreyday i try to do something or another ... i walk the dog a few times a day, go swimming, lift weights , hike local mtns .. love mountain biking but not the crazy downhill stuff ...just leisurly biking along the dikes an levys around here smiling smiley oh an yoga before bed always seems to make me sleep deeper smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: June 09, 2007 09:24AM

can you tell me some of the yoga poses you do before bed vs. when you wake up? i have heard conflicting info on this. i usually do my routine, if i do it, around lunch time. but i would like to start doing something as soon as i wake and right before bed. it might help me stick to it. thanks!!

Posted by: Joanne81 ()
Date: May 21, 2008 03:39PM

I do pilates from a DVD in my living room for about an hour (3-4 times a week). I started this because of back pain from slight scoliosis and have seen definate imporovment in the way that I feel. Otherwise I just try and go for walks everyday. I am much more active in the spring and summer and often swim, hike in the woods, canoe and kayak. I also LOVE to rollerblade.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2008 03:42PM by Joanne81.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 21, 2008 09:52PM

A 40 min walk about 6 days per week.
A 20 min circuit weight/stretch band workout about 3 days per week.

Brian

Posted by: hyldemoer ()
Date: May 21, 2008 09:55PM

pihourova Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> can you tell me some of the yoga poses you do
> before bed vs. when you wake up? i have heard
> conflicting info on this.

The simplest way to explain it, asanas that emphasize forward bends tend to engage the parasympathetic nervous system = relax you.

Asanas that emphasize backward extensions stimulate the sympathetic nervous system = wake you up (though if done too vigorously could cause "fight or flight" response).

Having longer exhales than inhales and what gets referred to as abdominal breathing also inspires the relaxing parasympathetic nervous system.

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: May 23, 2008 07:03PM

i run 6 miles 3x/week, and do strength training through bodyweight exercises and kettlebell training 6 days a week. i take one rest day. since starting this new fitness regime about a month ago i've lost 10 lbs and my back, shoulders, and abs i daresay are starting to look a bit ripped!

i need to get back into yoga. i have made it my new goal to get in at least one day of yoga a week. i really like this website for great free online yoga classes: www.yogatoday.com

Posted by: flex4life ()
Date: May 24, 2008 07:06AM

Lately I have been using my imagination and just creating exercises on the fly with the use of a chair or just body weight exercises. Its a very fun and effective way to work out!

[www.youtube.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables