Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The miracle of apple cider vinegar for infant
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: June 05, 2007 06:08PM

Haven't posted for a while on my diary. I've been busy, and I also bought a couple books. One is the Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar book..and I've found a miracle in it. Don't use the other store bought apple cider vinegar as it does not have the same healthful properties.

I did an interview for an infant some while ago, the parents decided on another daycare though. But after a week or two at that childcare home, the provider said their baby was too fussy, cried all the time and she would need to charge them more money. I don't know what more money would help the situation with in any practicle way.

They called me, and they started bringing her to me. She is (she's 4 months old) truely a very fussy baby, and cried as in pain much of the time. Everything I tried was not real help for her..she just was a baby with terribel colic, and we are into our 3rd week now.

Then I read the apple cider book and I just happened to have Braggs acv. So I started taking it with honey and distilled water 3x a day, and I also gave the baby some in apple juice and distilled water, (no honey should ever be given to infants) and that was yesterday. Today, she's a different child..and I'm not exagerating it either. She didn't cry herself to sleep once today, she's been mellow and taken a normal nap without any crying before hand. I gave her somemore of the acv in distilled water with an eyedropper, so she got 2 eyedroppers of the liquid.

She woke up, played with the other baby, had a bottle, and went back to sleep in the playpen..with no fussing. It's a miracle! I'm going to wait and see if the parents say anything about night sleeping. She didn't go to sleep in the night, she cried, fussed, and screamed most of the time. Dad was pretty sleep deprived and by last Friday he was practically falling asleep at my door at pickup time.

They've been second guessing what the problems could be, wrong formula, teeting, no food, too much food, wrong foods,gas pains, swaddling, not to swaddle, etc..if you had kids, you know how you try to figure this stuff out..makes you crazy sometimes.

Anyway, as for me, I'm feeling good taking the acv soulution, and I'm going to go buy a gallon of the stuff to use in my baths, and a lot of other things you can use it for besides drink it or use on salads. Get the book, it's really interesting..or visit their website at bragg.com

I'll let you know if the parents comment on their daughters behavior in the next week or 2. I don't think it's going to take them that long to comment on the change in behavior. The dad did mention this morning that they didn't swaddle her last nigt which was a nightly ritual. They said their dr. said she had some reflex thing..where she jerks all the time and by doing that she keeps herself awake or reawakens herself before she gets in enough sleep. Today..no jerky movements..no scrunhing of legs as if in pain, no screaming or dreadful type crying. She's been normal..can't believe it myself really.

Love,
Prism

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The miracle of apple cider vinegar for infant
Posted by: love ()
Date: June 05, 2007 09:43PM

Apple cider vinager is wonderful! I have looked through the book a little. From my personal expereince, it clears mucus and is just amazing! Just think about it, it is fermented apples! And you know how good apples are for you? Very good!

Love and light to all!

love

Date: June 06, 2007 04:06PM

More about the apple cider vinegar (using only Braggs Organic Apple Cider Vinegar), I have also started giving it to my dog, and today his second day for it, wanted to eat at 8 am..really weird..he's 8 years old, and usually eats around 10 am or sometimes later. I give him raw food, so I mix up a small amount with his raw food and mix..and he gets that along with raw cut up beef chunks.

I can tell a difference in taking it myself, and it cleaned me out this morning. It helps with lessoning hunger thru-out the day I've noticed. Hopefully this leads to helping the painful sciatica that has flared up this week. I'm going to buy a gallon and use a cup in my bath on occassion too.

As for the baby, the dad did mention she did really well last night, and slept most of the night, got up for that mid-night feeding which is normal for a 4 month old. He looked happy and well rested for oncesmiling smiley

I'll let him know about the acv so they can use it over the week-end if they want to..I figure who wouldn't want to since it works so well, it's natural and a food product.

Why did it work so well? I've been thinking about that, some thoughts are it helps with digestion, and if you have painful cramps you don't want to eat more but you get hungry, so you gotta eat something, so you eat and cry, and cry somemore like she did. Yesteday she had a bowel movement in the middle of the day, and it was very runny and loose. I figure the acv helped with getting it to clean out and made it less hard for her to do it. Could be the potassium..but formula has that mineral, maybe the pectin, or the malic acid? I don't know but it works like magic.

Love,
Prism

Date: June 06, 2007 04:20PM

After a little research I am starting to lean towards the pectin as the reason apple cider vinegar works so well for the baby.

"Apple Pectin cleanses the intestinal tract with its soluble and insoluble fibers, helping to maintain an intestinal balance."

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 07, 2007 12:13AM

Wow, Prism -- that's so exciting and interesting!! I just love learning about new health foods and cures! Thanks for sharing this with us.

And I've been wondering how you've been doing since you want back to California. Sounds like you're just fine -- I'm so glad you're doing childcare again. You sound like a natural.

I'm going to get some acv and try it with my cat and see if it helps her with her 'tail attacking' problem. Also will try it on myself.

When my little girl was 5 months old, she 'changed' from a happy baby to one who cried, screamed, fussed and never slept. I tried everything including my diet -- too bad I wasn't raw then -- but I was totally sleep-deprived for years. She only slept about 4 or 5 hours a night - waking up about 10 times. She would wake up screaming and I would have to jump up and start walking around the house and rocking her and nursing, until she feel back asleep. I thought I was going to die. If I sat down during the day, I would start dreaming while I was awake. My heart was pounding all the time and I couldn't breathe. It was hell.

Sorry to rant on like this, but reading about that baby brought it all back. I wonder if apple cider vinegar would have helped her.

Lois

Date: June 07, 2007 03:10AM

Hi Lois! I'm doing very well here in California where I do love it so much.

My first child was the same way..terrible colic! I wish I'd known about acv 32 years ago!! I breastfed my second child..no problems with him!

The mom came to pick up today, and I know she wanted to know what I was doing to make such a change in her baby..so we talked, and she was very grateful to be able to finally enjoy her daughter the way it should be. I sent her home with some acv and let her know how I mix it with distilled water.

I have a Maltese, very cute dog..very loving, and he's 8 years old now. He's always been a babysitter dog..loves kids. Well, the baby's parents went out today and got a Maltese puppy! So I had to send her home with some raw dog food for their new puppy!

I swear..I felt like the old medicine lady that people go to out of desperation..hahahaha..I should have jars of spider webs, lizard tails, and eye of newtsmiling smiley

Love,
Prism

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: June 07, 2007 06:06AM

If they really want Baby to calm down, suggest they get all the artificially-scented 'cleansers' out of their homes and to start using less toxic things (best online source of such info is www.care2.com) because they are a largely ignored source of nerve irritants for all family members, both human and non. Those horrible chemicals cling to fabrics, hair and skin and are extremely difficult to get rid of. (Washing doesn't work.) They won't miss them and they won't pay more to make the change.

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: June 08, 2007 05:17AM

Prism - I did post another reply about acv before the one above but this morning it wasn't there!

One of my babies had colic and I couldn't do anything, wish I had tried acv. Hope you have continued success with it and the baby.

Date: June 08, 2007 03:01PM

I've been taking a mix of Braggs acv, honey and distilled water 2 to 3x a day and it sure is helping me in getting the bloat down..and that means I'm more comfortable, and with my waistline going down, my sciatica is not hurting which is a big deal.

I also feel like I'm flushing my body of toxins and especially uric acid crystals..I feel like it because my pain in my left big toe and upper foot quit hurting (I'm prone to gout especially when I'm not high raw) and the pain in my fingers and other joints are not hurting anymore. I'm 54 years old, and get some aches and pains espeically when I'm not high raw.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: June 08, 2007 04:16PM

Apple cider vinegar (Braggs, in particular) is really great stuff. My husband gets indigestion every once in awhile, and when he drinks a little vinegar in water the problem just disappears. He used to suffer for hours with belching and discomfort about once a month; now he just takes the vinegar.

I also read somewhere that apple cide vinegar will strengthen digestion and thus lower blood pressure. (Implying that impaired digestion can cause high blood pressure. Wonder if this is true.)

Anyway, I take Braggs vinegar from time to time too-- about a tablespoon in a small glass of water-- just because I like it.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 08, 2007 05:18PM

honey and vinegar have been used for centuries as a pain reliever ..its called oxymel andi believe it was first put into practice when hippocrates started to exlaim its mighty properties

smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: June 08, 2007 11:26PM

Jodi,
Thanks-- I didn't know you could use honey and vinegar as a pain reliever. Cool! Hippocrates was right on.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: June 09, 2007 02:30AM

There's a whole list of things that raw and unfiltered vinegar can help with. I have gout, and it has gotten into my joints and some soft tissue, especially my joints in my left foot big toe and on top of the foot, fingers, just above my knee on my thigh, and of course my sciatica may have a lot to do with gout/uric acid crystals. I learned there's something called Tophi, which is a lumpy deposit of uric acid crystals just under the skin. This explains much for me and my pain I've had in my leg. It feels like something is in there..like a sliver or needle and I would really push on it, pick at it even with a tweezers and or needle..and now I know what it is! I plan on flushing this toxin out of my system with the apple cider vinegar mixture.

So, tonight I soaked in a hot tub of water with 2 C of Braggs Vinegar. I drank my 3 acv/honey/distilled water mix thru-out the day. I didn't know that this kind of vinegar was so healthful and can do so much for a persons health.

I have a feeling too that people that like to eat the natural raw type fermented vegetables like cabbage, etc..get the same type of help as vinegar. I don't know..I haven't reserached that but it makes sense to me. It could be that green apples have some properties all to themselves though that comes thru in the vinegar.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: June 09, 2007 07:27PM

ok prism! i have been reading you rave about this stuff. so i finally went to the website and ordered some. i am going to go on a fast soon and i was thinking i could put a little in some herbal tea or broth. i love that website. its got some really neat information. thanks for sharing. i will let you know how it turns out.

Date: June 09, 2007 09:02PM

Hahaha..does this mean I'm gonna be in trouble if it's not a miracle cure for you Pihourova?!

How come you had to order it from their website..didn't you have a whole foods store near you to buy it? Just wondering.

I went out and bought another bottle of it, just to have. I loved taking the bath with the 2 C of vinegar in it last night. I made sure to drink my acv cocktail this morning. It's really helping me to clean out my colon..just that alone is worth it to me to keep drinking it.

Did you also get their booklet on the acv topic? It will have the recipes in there for you. They do like fasting also, and it gives you detailed info. on what they suggest you eat, drink, or not eat or drink. You could add it to any drink you think you'd like. If you don't like to use honey, just mix in the acv and distilled water and drink it.

This is my sixth day of taking the stuff and I don't think I'll ever quit taking it.

I can't wait to hear how it affects you..do let us know!

Love,
Prism

Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: June 09, 2007 09:23PM

o gawd i love acv on spinach with avocado, tomatoes, onion and garlic ooo yummyness! its great i can actually take swigs of the stuff lol,, my little sister used 2 drink vinegar by the jugg when she was little, lol i guess being a weirdo runs in the family :p

Date: June 10, 2007 09:42AM

hi prism! i live in ireland, so unfortunately there is not a whole foods near me. i use to live in usa and there was one within walking distance of my apartment. i really miss all the wonderful resources of the usa.

no, i only ordered the vinegar. my father lives in usa now and he is coming to visit me soon. he will bring me the books and more acv if i like it enough to want more.

is dr. bragg from new zealand?

Date: June 10, 2007 03:40PM

Wow..Ireland doesn't have a whole foods store or health foods store? Or they do, but not close to where you live? The only other person I really knew in Ireland was a woman who lived in a very rural area. She had tons of troubles with Internet service.

I don't know much about the Bragg family. Paul Bragg seems to have started a lot of the health movement in the US, and Jack LaLanne said Bragg saved his life when he was 15 when he atteneded a health crusade and he started the Bragg lifestyle.

It's all very interesting to me right now. Gives me motivation to have discovered another healthy componet I can add to my life and actually see and feel great results. The improvement in my sciatica is amazing.

The other thing that is comparable is when I started taking iron (before I found raw foods) which I believe saved my life. I was very ill, couldn't walk a half block, couldn't catch a breath, had light-headedness to almost fainting, and so much more. I took iron and within a couple days the improvements were noticable not only by me, but from other people that knew me.

Then I found raw foods about 1/2 year into taking the iron (I took iron for a year) and started that. So, I feel like there have been 3 big contributors to regaining my health, iron, raw foods, and apple cider vinegar.

The iron helped with basic body functions which I was slowly losing, killing myself with the food choices I made and with the foods I didn't eat, like green veggies, lots of fruits. It was a 10 year process of spiraling down in health.

The raw foods helped me with so much, lost 71 lbs., energy went up, I could exercise, work, and do things that I hadn't been able to do for so long.

Now, the apple cider vinegar seems to be helping with improving digestion, as a colon cleanser, which in turn helps lessen the sciatica pain and inflammation. It also helps with flushing out uric acid crystals, and I'm hoping it will break up gallstones, and break up the hard deposits in some of my joints from the uric acid crystals which I learned are called Tophi. You can do a search of that topic if anyone is interested. It's gross..and while I don't have it that badly as most of the pics it is noticable in my finger joints, especially both of my pinkies.

Love,
Prism

Date: June 11, 2007 09:46AM

well, ireland does have health food stores. there is one near me but i never thought to look in there for braggs acv. i dont know why. i just didnt think of it. they dont really have much. but i am going to check.

my dad thinks he has sciatica. i told him about the acv. will let you know how that turns out as well.

i was thinking it might be beneficial to use braggs acv in an enema. what do u think?

Date: June 11, 2007 02:25PM

Yes, I think you could use acv as in implant in an emema..it would be very beneficial imo.

You might want to do some research on how much to use, maybe only 1 T to 1 qt or 1 qt of water. You might check with enemabag.com they have a lot of info.

Oh..and let us know how you dad does on the acv for his sciatica. I suggest he try it for 7 days consistantly each day. Drinking the cocktail is so much easier and you know you are getting the 2 teaspoons per drink when you do it that way.

Love,
Prism

Date: June 13, 2007 04:10PM

An update on taking the acv cocktail. Today is my 10 day and I've now been having bms at least 2 x a day and sometimes 3. They are normal, and I feel they have been very cleansing. It's definatley the acv because I'm very consistant with having 1 morning bm. I have quite taking it with honey and just mix it with distilled water. I add in 2-3 teaspoons (1 T) with 3/4 cup water and drink it down. I do that 3x a day.

My sciatica may still be there, but the pain is gone! Even the pain just above my knee and in my thigh are so much lessoned I can actually jump and not hurt. Sleeping is wonderful, and when I'm laying down and I do leg lifts my right leg feels light and not that heavy achy feeling. I don't have to put a pillow between my legs just to give support to my right leg. I have been soaking in the tub with hot water and 1-2 C acv too. I massage my right leg to help break up any uric acid crystals and also have been working on my pinky fingers that are really crooked in the joint closest to my fingertips. I'd love to go in for a full body massage. Anyone want to come over and trade massagessmiling smiley

Folks, if the numbness ever goes away that I've had in my right leg (about a 50 cent piece size) for 16 years, I'll let you know..but I'd have to write my own book at that stagesmiling smiley It would truley be a miracle cure in my eyes.

I think the good Lord new more than we did about the potency of the apple! We would never have been able to resist that apple for any real length of time! So, I can't blame Adam and Eve for giving in to the apple!

As for the baby..she's a different child when she gets her acv thru-out the day. I just add a capful (1 teaspoon) in 2 oz of juice and she has that thru-out the day. If she drinks most of it in one sitting that's ok, I just mix up more for later.

She's also having regular bms now, when before she wouldn't have any here and if she did have them at home they were small and hard, and very painful to pass.

So, this week, Mon. she had a perfect bm just before 1 pm. On Tues. she had a bm just before 11 am. Wed. she's had a bm at 8:30 am.

It's noticable when she doesn't get her acv over the week-end, because she comes on Monday with pain, gas, and hard to pass stools. But the acv works quickly, and while the morning was rough for both of us, the afternoon she was back to being calm, and happy.

I've not had an Excedrine for a head-ache since I started acv 10 days ago. I've had 2 Ibuprfhen tabs in those 10 days which is a ton less than before. I was taking them every night when I would wake with pain in my back, hip, leg.

I'm feel terrific! I think I could actually go play some tennis now.

Love,
Prism

Date: June 13, 2007 04:37PM

wow prism! i am so happy for you. and thank you so much for sharing your experience. i hope my father can get some sort of positive experience from the acv as well. i really dont have any problems that i notice, but i am sure i am doing my body a favor by using the acv on my juice/water fast. my dad just got his bottle yesterday. thanks again, prism--aka medicine woman! lol

Date: June 20, 2007 08:00PM

I'm wondering Pihourova if you dad started taking the acv and if he's had any improvment?

I'm afraid to quit taking the stuff now..it's worked so well for me. I actually enjoy having to take the acv 3x a day, because I take it just before I eat and it's a reminder to be aware of what I'm feeding myself. It's also helped quell my apetite.

Love,
Prism

Date: June 22, 2007 08:01AM

hey prism!

yep, my dad has been taking the acv, 3x a day mixed with grape juice and something else. he made his own little potion. he has actually lost 10 pounds, he stopped drinking dark beer every night. so, he is feeling better. less weight on his joints. we are not sure if the weight loss was due to the acv or not. he swears it is. 10 pounds in 1 week is quiet alot. he also said it seemed to curb his appetite and his craving for beer in the evening. he says the same as you, that he does not think he will stop taking it. his mucous is not as great as before also. (i know this is gross but....) every morning he spits out alot of mucous and blows his nose. he has told me that it seems he has less to get rid of when he wakes up.

he said he can remember using it years ago to pass drug tests when he was smoking alot of marijuana. LOL! he did not know that it had other benefits!! if it can clean your system in that way, its clear to me that it has amazing benefits to your whole body.

i am taking it too. i have noticed that my period was only 3 days instead of 5. it was much lighter and the cramps were managable without the use of pills. i think that is a combination of raw food living and acv.

i have lost about 5 pounds. which i do contribute to acv. i have been raw for more than 5 weeks and i was losing some water weight here and there. but once i started the acv i lost 5 pounds in 1 week. however i am sure my 3 day juice fast contributed to this as well.

i also found it very interesting that the detox spa tv show that i mentioned in the fast post were using acv as part of their fasting regime as well. and this was a place that was only for people with some sort of illness that was "incurable" by main stream medicine. and they were all either completely cured or much better in only 2 weeks. using a combination of fasting, ayurveda massage, acupuncture, counseling.

Date: June 22, 2007 03:10PM

Wow..that's great! I have to say I'm not surprised by your and your dads results with the acv. I have that much faith in the stuff.

The baby I started giving it to, also had breathing problems, you could tell because she would snore and she was only 4 months old. After about 2 weeks on the acv, she was all cleared up.

I think that the acv also allows us thru proper and strong digestion, to be able to absorb more nutrients from the foods we do eat and then our bodies are not craving more food to get the nutrients it needs. The acv stops that never ending cycle of eating, filling up, bloating, still hungry, eating, getting bigger waistlines.

Did you or your dad get the bragg book on acv? I got one from a library called Dr. Earl MIndell's Amazing Apple Cider Vinegar..which is very like the bragg booklet.

I'm glad you and your dad are trying the acv, and you are posting the results, this could help so many people.

Love,
Prism

Date: June 22, 2007 03:36PM

no, niether of us got the book. but since my dad is in the usa i am going to have him bring it when he comes to visit in the fall.

i try to order as little as possible from the states due to customs. its ridiculous. its something like 30% of the value in euro. so i am just happy with my acv for now and hopefully it will last me till he gets here.

he mentioned he was going to purchase the book but i do not know if he has it yet or not.

you know, now that you mention it, i have noticed a huge change in the way my breathing "feels" as well. i did not really make the connection till just now. thats incredible. its like i did not realize my breathing was not normal till it started feeling so good. i especially have noticed this this week while doing yoga or meditating. wow! i guess that is the acv. its benefiting me in ways i didnt even realize.

i have also noticed i have very small zits on my forehead and chest since i began using it. i wonder if this is my skin detoxing?

i still want to try it in an enema, if i ever get the courage! LOL!

Date: June 22, 2007 06:19PM

I did try it in an enema recently and it works very well. I haven't done any enemas for a long time, and I thought it would help to get my bowels moving and cleaned out more thouroughly while I'm taking the acv.

You can read more about the acv at bragg.com and enemabag.com has tons of info on enemas, and implants..don't know if they talk about using vinegar..I'm sure they must. I'll have to check that out myself.

Hmmm..that's one thing that braggs book doesn't say to use vinegar for..they don't discuss enemas as far as I recall. Neither does Dr. Mindells book about vinegar.

Love,
Prism

Date: June 22, 2007 09:22PM

I just saw that curezone.com has an apple cider vinegar forum. I just took a quick look around. I'll have to read more of it later.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: June 23, 2007 11:15PM

Prism,
I got to know upon your thread here about ACV when you mentioned it on the main forum (For David Mason and fellow raw fooders). Too bad I didn't saw it before, but well...!
I just want to say to you that I'm so happy your pains are all vanishing away. ACV is a miracle! I can witness. I have the same thing you talk about ( gout)

Do you have problems with teeth sensitivity? I'd like so much to resume with ACV as I know I need it. The brand I bought at the health food store is Omega (Omega Nutrition certified organic Apple Cider Vinegar). Maybe it is more acid than Braggs?

love,
cynthia

Date: June 24, 2007 12:41AM

I've thought of posting something on the main forum about acv..but I feel like that's all I've been posting about latelysmiling smiley

It's certainly worked a miracle in my life.

I don't know Omega, but it has have "The Mother" which is the cloudy formation that shows up in the apple cider vinegar. I buy braggs, because it's raw, organic, and unfiltered. I have 3 bottles, 2 in my cupboard and 1 in my bath area for when I run my bath.

I think that if you have any thing less than healthy gums and teeth, then you will be sensitive to some things. Going to an excellent dentist that can restore health is number one thing to do. I was very lucky to have been able to get my teeth restored recently and I plan on keeping up the good health of my mouth with my dentist's help.

I really don't think drinking certain things that are natural (not polluted with sugars) or eating natural foods like fruits are going to be detrimental for your teeth. It's going to be an added health benefit imo. You can always brush or rinse your mouth after ingesting the acv with pure water.

I've been trying to get back on the high raw band wagon, but was having a rough time of it. Now with acv I find I can digest the SAD type foods I do eat and they don't affect me as before. So, the one small SAD meal I might have is digesting so much better, my appetite is under control, and I am now eating a higher % or raw foods.

Perhaps when I'm high raw or 100% raw I won't feel a need for the acv? I don't know until I get there..but right now it's a miracle product for me. I'm in a pair of jeans that were too tight and I'm comfortably fitting into them now without doing anything different except taking the acv.

Love,
Prism

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables