Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

HCL
Posted by: brendajoyce ()
Date: June 17, 2007 04:18AM

Has anyone ever tried HCL-- stoomach acid-- to help digestion? Can you tell me your results, why you're taking it, why you're not, etc.? My digestion is not right. I have had to take HCL with cooked food, and now it seems as though on raw, even if I eat a lot of fruit and veggies, I am constipated. I would like to eventually be off all supplements; Wii my digestion heal and produce effectively if I am 100% for a while? Is age a factor? I am 46. I know I am going through the change already. I have only focused on raw a short while. Thanks for anything you can add.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: HCL
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: June 17, 2007 05:07PM

I have a bottle of HCL and I tried it some time ago, but I didn't care for it. Seemed like it gave me acid reflux. I didn't try it for long though.

What I recently found to help a tremendous difference is braggs organic raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar. It's helping with my digestion, and it's been a miracle in relieving my sciatica pain. I know it must be flushing out uric acid crystals, which I know I have due to the visible signs and the pain that is associated with them.

It's also helped in having more frequent bm's during the day which is more normal. I though I was regular with having a daily bm, but I find it's nice to have them more often, because I know that the foods are not sitting around and just fermenting and creating bloast and gas. It's not loose bm's but normal, cleansing ones.

I've been taking the acv for 14 straight days now, and I went and bought a couple more bottles of it, to have on hand. I use it in my bath water too.

I take 1 T acv in 1 C distilled water 3x day. I soak in a warm bath with 1-2 C of acv. I don't usally rinse it off. It doesn't leave a smell that I can tell. It leaves me feeling squeaky clean, from my hair to my toes.

If you don't like acv, you might try juicing green apples, and if not that you can try other fermented veggies that don't have a lot of salt. I think the fermentation is what helps with digestion. Another post was saying how they make rejuvelac which is a fermented drink, you might try that.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: brendajoyce ()
Date: June 18, 2007 01:03AM

Thank you Prism. I will try those things. Brenda.

Posted by: Meleakua ()
Date: August 14, 2007 06:52AM

I occasionally take HCl after eating green smoothies. Victoria Boutenko's book Green For Life is a great book to read if you're concerned about the HCl levels in your body. According to her book and others, green smoothies (blended greens + fruit) and celery juice (with high levels of organic salt) are great for helping with HCl levels in your body...

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: August 14, 2007 03:22PM

I'm still taking the ACV and loving it! I'm now doing a parasite and worm cleanse that is having me feel really enerzized and feeling good. If you look on my raw diary here, I have the list of herbs I'm taking.

I also soak in the tub with 1-2 C of acv in a full tub of water. I don't rinse off, I just towel dry.

How are you doing Brenda? Just wondering if you tried the acv for yourself.

Love,
Prism

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables