Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Detox Bath
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 28, 2007 07:46PM

Hi I am new, and searched this topic but couldnt find anything. I am reading Gary Null's Get Healthy Now book, and I did a Detox Bath by soaking in a hot bath for 5 minutes. After, I showered and scrubbed everywhere like it said. But it doesn't say how you will know if it works. Does anyone know?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Detox Bath
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: June 29, 2007 12:54AM

I don't know what 5 minutes in a hot bath is going to do? What does he say about it?

I soak for at least a 1/2 hour in hot baths that have apple cider vinegar, or epsom salts and that's very relaxing..it takes some time to feel like your muscles are feeling the effect.

I know soaking in a hot tub helped me with a cyst that was infected, it cleansed it right out. Not all the way, left a little tiny bump there, but now with drinking the acv I have 2 noticable cysts that are down to nothing except a little scar. One on my upper arm and one on the back of my neck.

What kind of detox are you looking forward to?

Love,
Prism

Date: June 29, 2007 02:05AM

He said soaking in a hot bath for 5 minutes releases toxins. He also said you can use epsom salt and ACV. But how will I know it's working?

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: June 29, 2007 04:11AM

Just 5 minutes huh? How hot does he say to get the water? There's also some controversy about using our tap water since it's full of chemicals, bacteria etc.

I don't know if it's working for me or not..not really, but it's soothing and relaxing, and I enjoy it..so I figure it's doing something I like. Our skin is our largest organ and it can absorb and sweat out good and bad things.

I know if you go into a dry sauna you'll get a lot of impurities out via your sweat glands.

I also read that you can sit in a tub and eat as much watermelon as you can as that's very detoxifing..(is that a word?) that was from Edgar Cayce.

I don't know if the couple little cysts that I have that didn't completly go away (they'd flare up depending on what percentage raw foods vs SAD foods) are pretty much gone now due to my ingesting the acv or soaking in a tub with water and acv..or both.

What kind of detox are you looking for? Internal, external, both?

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 29, 2007 04:42AM

i doubt 5 minutes will do very much ...

wether its working for you or not is only something you can tell .. you will fill different coming out then when you went in .. maybe your skin will feel different ... maybe your head will be clearer ...

if your looking for detoxing in a bath .. the acv and epsom salts maybe are a way to go

or

maybe check out prill water beads ..

you can find them at this site here [rawfoodadvantage.com] or blindguru [sitekreator.com]

smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2007 04:43AM by Jgunn.

Posted by: Melanie ()
Date: June 29, 2007 06:26PM

Did he say to put anything in the water?

Date: June 29, 2007 08:39PM

He said you can just do plain hot water, or add epsom salt or ACV. But I just want to know how you will know if it'll work.

Date: June 29, 2007 10:27PM

what you feel will be entirely up to you .. everyone is different ..

maybe try asking here on Gary Nulls site [gnhealth.com]

Posted by: Melanie ()
Date: June 30, 2007 02:40PM

I don't think 5 minutes in a hot bath is much of a detox, and I don't think there's any way of knowing if it helped.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: June 30, 2007 11:11PM

saunas are good

you want toxins to come out, not to splash around in smiling smiley

although if you are looking to relax from detoxing, this sounds about right

Date: July 01, 2007 03:47AM

i love saunas and steams .. although i heard lately that the infrared saunas are bad and its hard to find a convential one around these days

i still love sauna-ing smiling smiley

id love to make my own sweat lodge hehe

Posted by: Jessicam88 ()
Date: February 07, 2013 05:28AM

Most detox baths say 20-40 min in the hottest water you can stand. When the water cools, heat it up again. As far as knowing that its working : my experience is that after 10 min I start to feel a little pressure in my face followed by sweating. Lots of dripping sweat from my face. If I sit up after 20 min my back will start to do the same. After the 40 min I kind of feel light headed and sick, like I'm exhausted and coming down with something. If I'm wearing any make up it seems to also melt off as if my body is pushing it out (as it should). The sick feeling goes away when i drink water. I feel like a new person the next day. Some of my friends have said they see a ring in the tube. I have not experienced that, but it might be interesting to see what comes out. Another friend uses Epsom salt and winter green alcohol and they see weight loss up to 7lbs. I'm a little nervous about putting alcohol in my bath water. I use 2 cups of Dr.Teals Epsom salts, 1 cup baking soda, 1 cup sea salt. I purchased the Dr.Teals on accident and I found it to actually work better. It also has baking soda in it as well. I hope this helped.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables