Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Apple Cider Vinegar remedy question
Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: July 04, 2007 04:32PM

I want to try using 1 TB ACV in 1 c of water, 3x a day for pain. Is it okay to add 1 tsp of some sweetner to help make the flavor more palatable?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Apple Cider Vinegar remedy question
Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: July 04, 2007 05:54PM

i dont see why you could not use raw honey.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 04, 2007 06:54PM

or agave smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: July 05, 2007 01:37PM

You can use honey if you want, or put the acv in some juice. I tried it with honey but like it better just with the water. If you add in enough water the acv is pretty diluted and it tastes mild.

Let us know how it helps you with your pain issues.

Love,
Prism

Date: July 05, 2007 05:52PM

I was amazed that after only one day of doing this, my pain was significantly lessened...almost gone in fact, just a little stiffness and mild soreness. WOW! It certainly made a believer out of me. I also read that pineapple is a natural pain reliever so I'm making sure to get plenty of it in my diet daily. This morning I walked 4 miles with no pain. I will definitely continue using ACV. Sucn an easy remedy to feel SO MUCH BETTER!

Date: July 05, 2007 06:24PM

When I first went raw, almost 100% raw at the start, I ate a lot of pineapple, but after about a year, I didn't eat it as much and now after 4 years I hardly ever have it. It's just too sweet for me. I still love watermelon though, maybe because it's sweet but with a lot of water too?

But I sure love my acv cocktail!! In my childcare home, I have to pick up, hold on my hip kids, and they can get very heavy and in the past the pain after a day of doing that was killing me. In fact I was living on Excedrine (about 6-8 tabs a day) before I found raw, but still the sciatica was painful but helped by the loss of weight. Now with the acv it's such an added benefit, I just can't help telling anyone that will listen about it. It is so easy to find, and to take. I found that I can take it after a meal too and still get the same digestive benefit.

Love,
Prism

Date: July 20, 2007 05:04PM

I found a new way to take my apple cider vinegar which makes it so easy to take my 3 T a day. I add 1 T into a Cup of applesauce and eat it. I take that 3 x a day..really easy. You can do it with raw applesauce too or maybe even avocado, or add it into raw dressing for salads. I wonder what it would be like in a smoothie? Anyway, taking the little bit of applesauce with the acv makes it very easy to get in my 3 servings of acv a day.

It's still working wonders for me. Here's what I've notice by bathing in 1-2 C of the acv a day..in a tub of water. I had a couple bug bites that went away very quickly and didn't itch at all except during the initial bite.

I've also notice some weird things pop out of my skin that weren't there the day before, they errupt suddenly and I squeeze them off (I feel compelled to do it)and they are gone. They look like little warts, very tough, very fiberous. One was on my calf, 2 on both my arms. My face is also showing good results in getting rid of the 2 anomolies, one a whiteish mole that stuck out (it's almost gone) and one was an open pore that was inflammed..the size of a pin head or smaller.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 12, 2007 05:16AM

I take my dosage, 2+ tbspns per day spread out through the day, with at least an equal amount (perhaps a bit more) of lime juice and then a little water, rinsing with water.

Great for my flitting artritis.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 16, 2007 02:13AM

I love acv in 8 oz of distilled water with a teaspoon of spirulina, a bit of stevia and a dash of cayenne. Great Energy drink.
shakti

Date: August 16, 2007 03:27PM

That's an interesting combo shaktizen. I feel better when I take it but its hard on my palate. I might try your recipe.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables