Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

infant with allergies
Posted by: cricri ()
Date: July 20, 2007 04:57PM

Hi everyone!

I have a 9mo old daughter and she seems to be allergic to something but I cannot detect the cause. She gets these red spots on her skin, like insect bites which they are not. I was told it is caused by an allergy to something she eats. She only eats fruit and veggie juices. The first time this happened it was some berries. I didn't feed her berries anymore. Then it seems it was kiwi. Stopped the kiwi and now she has it again. There was nothing new in her diet, nothing that she hasn't had for quite a while - bananas, pears, honeydew, tomato and avocado.

Any ideas? What could I do? If I go to the doctor he'll give me some medicine which I'm not too happy about.

love,
peace
cricri

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: infant with allergies
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: July 20, 2007 05:05PM

Why not try braggs apple cider vinegar? It's supposed to help with allergies, among other things. I give it to a 6 month old and she's been taking it daily for over a month with great results for her colic.

It needs to be the organic raw unfiltered type of apple cider vinegar.

Love,
Prism

Date: July 20, 2007 05:40PM

Prism,

I live in Romania and the concept of organic is foreign here. I have no idea if a product is organic or not...probably not.

love,
peace
cricri

Date: July 20, 2007 06:59PM

Could you order it possibly? You can make your own raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar. If not vinegar, do you have or can you make fermented food of anykind?

Don't worry if it's organic.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: July 20, 2007 09:14PM

Cricri, do you notice anything else about her - does she seem uncomfortable or unhappy along with the spots?

I wonder if maybe she's just eliminating stored toxins, if she otherwise seems happy and alert. Being distracted and miserable are the first things I would worry about as symptoms of allergies.

Date: July 21, 2007 09:21AM

No, She's perfectly fine otherwise - happy, alert, good sleep and all. No stuffed nose or red eyes either. Might be that as well. I couldn't nurse her for too long so she's probably eliminating the toxins of formula. I'll have to wean her as soon as she's one and see alternatives. I still cannot find a safe source of raw cow/goat milk.

I'll try to see about the apple cider vinegar. My mother-in-law made some last year, organic apples (they grow in her garden with no pesticides). If she still has some...How much and how often should she have this? She's 10mo tomorrow.

Thanks again guys for all the support!

love,
peace
cricri

Date: July 21, 2007 01:48PM

I'm happy happy happy! It doesn't seem to be an allergy - it's just musquittoes bites. I wasn't sure because she has had these allergy spots before. Yet, these looked a bit different - smaller, better defined. I covered both arms and legs (poor thing, it's really hot these days here) and they are receding and nothing else appeared today. I almost had doubts about her diet especially as a friend, hearing what I feed my baby, told me: I would never do this to my child! Well, she told me she can't give up her pork...

Thank you all for the advice. I'll try to ACV soon and i'll let you know how it works on my daughter. I would stil like to know how much/concentration I should give to her.

love,
peace
cricri

Date: July 21, 2007 02:59PM

I give the 6 month old 1 capful of the apple cider vinegar, 1 capful=1teaspoon.

If you have her soak in a tub of water with some apple cider vinegar (maybe about 1/2 cup for her size) it helps to take the itch out of the bites. I had a couple bites myself and they didn't bother me at all. I soak daily in a tub of water with 1-2 Cups of apple cider vinegar.

Love,
Prism

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables