Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

back pain
Posted by: cricri ()
Date: July 22, 2007 02:41PM

Hi everyone!

You've been a great support for me these past few weeks. And here I am with another problem: a horrible back ache. I have scoliosis but it hasn't bothered me much in the past. Two days ago I woke up with breathtaking pain in the middle of my back and I amm still in much pain. We are in the middle of moving and I also need to care for my 10mo old daughter who is more and more on the go.

I haven't lifted anything heavy, I just woke up with the pain. Could it be detox? My brother-in-law is a licensed masseur and he checked my spine and said it looks pretty bad. He adivsed me to have it checked with a phisician as well.

Does any of you know any other remedies I could do in the meanwhile?
Thanks a lot. I cannot stay too long here: it's killing me.

love,
peace
cricri

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: back pain
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 22, 2007 02:49PM

are you getting enough calcium-magnesium-zinc in your diet ? what is a typical example of what you eat in a day like? smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: July 22, 2007 03:09PM

Morning (around 10/11 AM) - fruit - whatever is in season: now - peaches, apples, plums, melons (just one of them) - about half a pund.

Lunch - a large salad - usually leafy greens (lettuce, slinach, parsley...) with lemon and a bit of olive oil)

After this...fruit (whatever I have at home) and probably a second largish salad..grinded carrots, cawliflower, bell peppers, cucumbers...not so many at once).

I nibble on dry dates and walnuts - when cravings hit.

Is this ok? Quantities vary and I never measured actually (not to mention that European measurements are different. Anything else that I should add?

Thanks.
cricri

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: July 22, 2007 04:11PM

You could try soaking in a hot tub of water with 1-2 Cups of raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar for as long as you can.

I take the acv for my pain from sciatica, and it works like a charm. I'm 54, soon to be 55 years old, I lift children all day long because I do childcare in my home. I have to lift my leg over high gates also, much of the day.

I also love my large Bell exercise ball, for stretching out my back, my legs etc..it's wonderful and it's the one piece of exercise equipment I've used consistanly over a period of over 4 years.

Love,
Prism

Date: July 22, 2007 04:43PM

Thank you Prism! I'll try the hot tub and acv treatment as soon as the temperature goes down a bit. It's 40 degrees C here, code orange and most people (us included) do not have AC. It's VERY expensive and we live in a rented appartment. It really hard to keep my daughter cool and hydrated. I exercise on the ball as often as I can but lately I've been a bit lazy and buzy. I'll be more motivated in the future.

I hope the massages will help me a bit - the guy seems to know what he's doing.

cricri

love,
peace
cricri

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: July 22, 2007 05:43PM

Drink enough plain water - when I had back aches, keeping hydrated reduced the pain by more than half.

As JGunn says, make sure you get enough minerals by foraging some greens.

Also, keep your body alkaline, since being too acid made my back problems much more painful.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: July 22, 2007 06:02PM

You can do it in a cool tub of water too, which I've done often. It's very refreshing, and even drinking it in cool water is like a lemonade, you just need to add enough water to the 1-3 teaspoos of acv so it's diluted so you aren't getting that acidic feel.

Love,
Prism

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables