Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

GERD and dairy/soy intolerance
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 23, 2007 12:30PM

Hello everyone! I'm an Aussie who's just discovered this wonderful site.
My son has had severe stomach problems since birth. He had an operation to create a valve at the top of his stomach as when he was born it was all floppy and did not close off to keep stomach contents in the stomach. Since then he's been managed by doctors with very strong acid-reducing medication.

I have just started reading about how gastro-oesophigal-reflux-disease might actually be a lack of stomach acid rather than too much.

We have just seen a paediatric gastroenterologist who believes people with GERD have problems processing ALL dairy and soy proteins and has recommended he come off dairy and soy. It's amazing how much part of his life I had allowed dairy and soy to become and I was shocked when I started reading ingredients in processed foods I'd been buying.

Already - after 4 days - he is pain free for the first time in his life. He is asking for food which he has NEVER done! He said "mummy eating is nice when you don't have a sore tummy". This comment reduced me to tears. I felt like the worst parent imaginable.

My sister has suggested making stock from organic chicken frames and using this to bolster his protein/calcium. It has also been brought to my attention that using the fermented living apple cidar vinigar half an hour before meals might help his digestion.

If anyone has had any experiences with managing GERD and possibly being able to give up strong medication I would love to hear about your experiences. You seem to all have a lot of knowledge about various things and I am interested in hearing different points of view.....so please feel free to share with me!

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables